Team Elites on Nike ID.

me:
I think this is just the beginning; I think they're testing how an iD with a Jumpman on it will go.

And I think they'll go well enough to add another shoe with a Jumpman on it, and then another, and then another... JUST like how Nike iD first began.
SoHi 23:
So Ska, do you think signature(numbered) Jordans will make their way on to Nike ID ala Air Force 1s.

Unfortunately, yes. And I say 'unfortunately' with this in mind: I have specific colorways of XIs, XIVs, and XVIIs in mind that I wouldLOVE to be able to iD for myself.

But there will be so many different colorways of Jordans running around, there will be absolutely no way to tell fakes from legit, and I'm mainly talkingabout places like eBay. I foresee many people being frauded and many other people thinking that their Js are legit, and that's unfortunate.
SoHi 23:
The Air Force 1s were high on the price, yet they were selling.
I believe in a while we will see anywhere from $200-250(maybe even as high as $300) numbered Jordan IDs

And you would be lying to yourself if you didn't think $250 numbered Jordan IDs wouldn't sell.
Think of the possibilities: cool grey VIs, evcellent qualities of OGs colorways, etc.
It would be a cash cow.
Oh, I definitely think they would sell. No doubt about that; I agree with you all the way.

Are they putting up any JB models other than the Team Elites? If so, anyone know when?

eek.gif
I can't believe Nike put up a jordan ID shoe up so quick. Hopefullythis doesn't lead to other things...
tired.gif

Originally Posted by ripfan816

^^^ they should with limited production numbers and colorway options.
Exactly. Something like 2000 pairs per shoe, and stamp them someway so you know they are real. But then again could you imagine the nasty @#$% youwould see....kinda lika those nasty white/blue/orange/yellow fusions...
sick.gif

Knowing JB though, you will be able to make a pink/yellow/orange/brown/red VI
sick.gif

SoHi23 - you said Jordan iD wasn't coming until fall 2008 - what happened.

It was only a matter of time.

I'm all for Team...emphasis...Team Jordans up on Nike ID.

I'm also a huge Team Elite Low fan.

LOOOVE this idea. It's about time. Everyone always complains about the colors that JB releases its shoes, and yet also talks about how OGs shouldn't bemessed with. Well here's the solution, Team J's on ID. Can't wait to see more Team J's.

Question - how do the Team Elites perform on the court???

These have double stacked zoom, correct? How do these run, it's been a long time since i beat mine into the ground.

this is awesome. you can make a team elite in a grape V style colorway and leave your grapes safely at home for really special occasions. lots of great coloroptions and a nice casual looking low shoe.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

me:
I think this is just the beginning; I think they're testing how an iD with a Jumpman on it will go.

And I think they'll go well enough to add another shoe with a Jumpman on it, and then another, and then another... JUST like how Nike iD first began.
SoHi 23:
So Ska, do you think signature(numbered) Jordans will make their way on to Nike ID ala Air Force 1s.

Unfortunately, yes. And I say 'unfortunately' with this in mind: I have specific colorways of XIs, XIVs, and XVIIs in mind that I would LOVE to be able to iD for myself.

But there will be so many different colorways of Jordans running around, there will be absolutely no way to tell fakes from legit, and I'm mainly talking about places like eBay. I foresee many people being frauded and many other people thinking that their Js are legit, and that's unfortunate.

I'm thinking they could stitch a big old Nike iD with the tags underneath the tongue.
Of course, someone could mess with it(the tags) ala that unfortunate post up top.

But people will probably da way around this

At this point, I'm not opposed to numbered J's being on there at all. The shoes have already been tainted.

No one can do any worse than what JB has done to its own product.

First model they should add after these Elites should be the XX3s. I can't wait to be able to ID a pair of white/cool grey-UNC blue XX3 IDs.

I can see ska's point about people getting frauded on eBay, but Nike can do what Microsoft does....use product keys. Print a product key with every singlepair of Jordan IDs on a card and Nike will be the only one with the algorithms so all factories will be getting is a product key along with each individualorder detailing the color blockings...etc.

When people check this product key by entering it on NikeID, they will know the model, size, and all the details about the shoe they're checking to ensureauthenticity just like a set of DNA codes (call it the "Jordan DNA" or "ID-DNA" if you will), each set of codes is unique to ONE pair ofshoes only. Periodically, Nike can scramble or reset the algorithms (for models they want to offer for longer periods of time) or even have one set ofalgorithm for each ID model. I think it will significantly reduce the amount of fakes out there.

That is, assuming all the variants come from outside the factories. To prevent "exact replicas" coming from within the factories, buyers can"activate" the product keys and Nike will then send buyers "activation codes" so everyone will need both the product key and the activationcode to check for authenticity. I think this will probably be pretty effective against this type of variants.

Of course, you will potentially run into the problem of variant makers buying ID products just to get these product key/activation code combos, but if Nike IDcan also display the number of times a particular set of product key/activation code combo has been checked, then a high count will immediately flag apotentially fake product key/activation code combo because if say 10 people are interested in buying a pair of fakes with a geniune product key/activation codecombo, then they will probably do the authenticity check and increment the authenticity check count to 10 within a very short period of time (say within aweek). Same thing goes the longer a fake seller uses the same product key/activation code combo, the auth check count will skyrocket through the roof.

This will probably drive the cost to these variant sellers way high and can potentially be a pretty decent deterrent. I'm sure there're cracks in thissystem since it's getting late but it's probably still better than the most effective tool Nike has ever had to date.

Like most Nike IDs, I wish the blocking options were better.
Why give you a base color that covers so much of the shoe. Why can't I do certain things with the toe that I don't want on the back? Meh, it's astart if it means we get a numbered J. There, I said it, I'll go against the grain and say I want 'em. As much as I love Jordans, I don't feel likeJordan ID would denigrate the tradition after what has been done with recent LS releases.

Back
Top Bottom