Team Metal Heads thread : Keep metal alive join the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone gonna peep the ANVIL movie?

its only getting a limited theatrical release check http://www.anvilthemovie.com forshowings.

i hope i can catch it in theaters but im definitely copping the blu-ray/dvd whenever it gets released.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

guitar hero metallica anyone?
Man I was thinking of getting it when it comes out but my stupid PS3 broke and now I need to get another one. I wish they could have put morefrom the Kill em All. I love that they put Mercyful fate on there. That to me is the highlight of the game. Egypt is an awesome song.

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

Wow this thread is rolling right along! I love it.

Today:

The Devil Wears Prada
Testament
Gorgoroth
Nice to hear from you Rust what you been up to.

woohoo BRUTAL TRUTH dates announced
pimp.gif

4/4 Tempe,AZ @ The Sets w/ Crematorium
4/5 San Marcos,CA @ The Jumping Turtle w/ Crematorium
4/7 Los Angeles,CA @ Knitting Factory w/ Lair of the Minotaur
4/8 San Francisco,CA @ DNA Lounge w/ Impaled
4/23 Rochester, NY @ Montage Music Hall
4/24 Toronto,ON @ The Annex Wreck Room
4/25 Pittsburgh,PA @ 31st St. Pub
4/26 Cleveland,OH @ Peabody's
5/1 Montreal,QC @ Underworld
5/2 Quebec,QC @ L'anti
5/3 Ottawa,ON @ Mavericks
5/17 Brooklyn, NY @ Club Europa (Auditory Assault Festival)
5/22 Baltimore, MD @ Sonar (Maryland Deathfest)

Man I was at half-priced books today and checked the vinyl section but there was nothing there but I went to the CD section I came across King DiamondsConspiracy, and Mercyful Fates the Beginnings and bought them for 3 bucks a piece I couldn't believe it when I saw it. They didn't even have scratcheson them so that made my day but every now an then you can find some good stuff especially vinyls. My uncle goes there every now and he found this for 5 bucks.
http://

ok this has been bothering me, well i watched "That Metal Show" on the weekend, the special guest were Extreme
sick.gif
smh.gif

well anyways at the end of the show they asked the question "which is the meaner album, Slayer "Reign in Blood" or Pantera "Vulgar Displayof Power" well i thought it was a no brainer RIB, but only one person on the panel chooses RIB and then they ask the audience and VDOP get a good responseand all you get is crickets for RIB. now am i wrong or is that panel/audience a bunch clueless pussys?

Originally Posted by J1GOKU

ok this has been bothering me, well i watched "That Metal Show" on the weekend, the special guest were Extreme
sick.gif
smh.gif

well anyways at the end of the show they asked the question "which is the meaner album, Slayer "Reign in Blood" or Pantera "Vulgar Display of Power" well i thought it was a no brainer RIB, but only one person on the panel chooses RIB and then they ask the audience and VDOP get a good response and all you get is crickets for RIB. now am i wrong or is that panel/audience a bunch clueless pussys?

I dont know. I can see how different opinions could choose either one but for me Reign In Blood jumps out as the "meaner album" but you also have toconsider the definition of "mean album" to each person. With that said im with you.
smokin.gif
I am pretty surprised that only one person chose RIB and the audience didntsay much. Oh well.

So I recently heard about the documentary "Metal In Baghdad" has anyone checked it out? Its about a metal band from Iraq who has been running fromthe law basically living in a bunch of places illegally just so they can play metal music. If anyones seen it is it worth checking out? Thanks

and BCF good call on the Maiden Soundhouse Tapes.
pimp.gif

Today:
Venom
Bloodjinn
Iron Maiden

I've been on a Metallica Tear and I am convinced they are the greatest thing that's ever happened to music. PERIOD. (Besides St. Anger, CD was ehhh)

Originally Posted by J1GOKU

sick.gif
smh.gif

well anyways at the end of the show they asked the question "which is the meaner album, Slayer "Reign in Blood" or Pantera "Vulgar Display of Power" well i thought it was a no brainer RIB, but only one person on the panel chooses RIB and then they ask the audience and VDOP get a good response and all you get is crickets for RIB. now am i wrong or is that panel/audience a bunch clueless pussys?

I dont know. I can see how different opinions could choose either one but for me Reign In Blood jumps out as the "meaner album" but you also have to consider the definition of "mean album" to each person. With that said im with you.
smokin.gif
I am pretty surprised that only one person chose RIB and the audience didnt say much. Oh well.

So I recently heard about the documentary "Metal In Baghdad" has anyone checked it out? Its about a metal band from Iraq who has been running from the law basically living in a bunch of places illegally just so they can play metal music. If anyones seen it is it worth checking out? Thanks

and BCF good call on the Maiden Soundhouse Tapes.
pimp.gif

Today:
Venom
Bloodjinn
Iron Maiden
see i figured it might be a 75/25 split in favor of RIB but it really irked me that when they said Slayer it was dead silence. VDOP is the heavieralbum but not the meaner album. if you havent seen the show its replays later today on VH1 Classic.

and i havent seen "Metal in Baghdad" but looks like you can watch it here http://www.snagfilms.com/films/title/heavy_metal_in_baghdad/ im a check it out when i gottime.

I need to check out That Metal Show. I watch it every now and then but I just don't like the people that host. I especially don't like that fat guymike or something like that he thinks he knows it all I bet I probably have a whole bunch of questions he can't answer. Anyway I love both albums, to meSlayers Reign in Blood is what Master of Puppets is to Metallica and what Rust in Peace is to Megadeth. Those were their best albums (not my opinion butaccording to a majority of metalheads). Now for the question of the meaner album. It all depends on the definition of meaner it could mean lyrically orcomposition of songs. As much as I love Vulgar Display of Power (one of my favorites to jam out to) That is not Panteras meanest album. With Pantera everyalbum gets heavier. To me their meanest album is Far Beyond Driven. I know that Reinventing the Steal and The Great Southern Trendkill are harder but to methats when the chemistry was fading away with the problems Phil was having so those albums weren't as good as the earlier ones. I would have to go withSlayer's Reign in Blood. Every song on there is crazily heavy and the solos are uniquely rediculous(I mean this in a goodway). Pantera was a little moremelodic or groove and thats what makes that album not as mean but some of the songs are pretty damn heavy such as Rise, By demons be driven, and a new level. What makes them not as heavier than reign in blood is hollow and this love (two great songs by the way). Good discussion or argument we need more stuff likethat on this thread. These are kind of arguments I get into with my metalhead friends. As for that Iraqi metal group I had heard about it but never paid anymind to it. It sounds very interesting and I'll probably check it out. I don't blame them though metal is to awesome to let go.

By the way speaking of Slayer, anyone else plan on going. Can't wait till tickets go on sale.

[table][tr][td]July 10[/td] [td]Sacramento, CA[/td] [td]Sleep Train Amphitheatre[/td] [td]n/a[/td] [/tr][tr][td]July 11[/td] [td]San Francisco, CA[/td] [td]Shoreline Amphitheatre[/td] [td]n/a[/td] [/tr][tr][td]July 12[/td] [td]San Bernardino, CA[/td] [td]Glen Helen Pavilion[/td] [td]n/a[/td] [/tr][tr][td]July 14[/td] [td]Seattle, WA[/td] [td]White River Amphitheater[/td] [td]n/a[/td] [/tr][tr][td]July 17[/td] [td]Phoenix, AZ[/td] [td]Cricket Pavilion[/td] [td]n/a[/td] [/tr][tr][td]July 18[/td] [td]Albuquerque, NM[/td] [td]Journal Pavilion[/td] [td]n/a[/td] [/tr][tr][td]July 19[/td] [td]Denver, CO[/td] [td]Coors Amphitheater[/td] [td]n/a[/td] [/tr][tr][td]July 21[/td] [td]Kansas City, KS[/td] [td]Sandstone Amphitheater[/td] [td]n/a[/td] [/tr][tr][td]July 22[/td] [td]St. Louis, MO[/td] [td]Verizon Wireless Amphitheater[/td] [td]n/a[/td] [/tr][tr][td]July 24[/td] [td]Atlanta, GA[/td] [td]Lakewood Amphitheater[/td] [td]n/a[/td] [/tr][tr][td]July 25[/td] [td]Indianapolis, IN[/td] [td]Verizon Wireless Music Centre[/td] [td]n/a[/td] [/tr][tr][td]July 26[/td] [td]Chicago, IL[/td] [td]First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre[/td] [td]n/a[/td] [/tr][tr][td]July 28[/td] [td]Toronto, ON[/td] [td]Molson Amphitheater[/td] [td]n/a[/td] [/tr][tr][td]July 29[/td] [td]Scranton, PA[/td] [td]Toyota Pavilion[/td] [td]n/a[/td] [/tr][tr][td]July 31[/td] [td]Cleveland, OH[/td] [td]Blossom Music Center[/td] [td]n/a[/td] [/tr][tr][td]August 01[/td] [td]Pittsburgh, PA[/td] [td]Post Gazette Pavilion[/td] [td]n/a[/td] [/tr][tr][td]August 02[/td] [td]Detroit, MI[/td] [td]DTE Energy Music Theatre[/td] [td]n/a[/td] [/tr][tr][td]August 04[/td] [td]Boston, MA[/td] [td]Tweeter Center for the Perf. Arts[/td] [td]n/a[/td] [/tr][tr][td]August 06[/td] [td]Virginia Beach, VA[/td] [td]Virginia Beach Amphitheater[/td] [td]n/a[/td] [/tr][tr][td]August 07[/td] [td]Camden, NJ[/td] [td]Tweeter Center at the Waterfront[/td] [td]n/a[/td] [/tr][tr][td]August 08[/td] [td]Hartford, CT[/td] [td]New England Dodge Music Center[/td] [td]n/a[/td] [/tr][tr][td]August 09[/td] [td]Washington, DC[/td] [td]Nissan Pavilion[/td] [td]n/a[/td] [/tr][tr][td]August 11[/td] [td]Tampa, FL[/td] [td]Ford Amphitheatre[/td] [td]n/a[/td] [/tr][tr][td]August 12[/td] [td]West Palm Beach, FL[/td] [td]Sound Advice Amphitheater[/td] [td]n/a[/td] [/tr][tr][td]August 14[/td] [td]Dallas, TX[/td] [td]Superpages.com Center[/td] [td]n/a[/td] [/tr][tr][td]August 15[/td] [td]Houston, TX[/td] [td]Cynthia Woods Mitchel Pavilion[/td] [td]n/a[/td] [/tr][tr][td]August 16[/td] [td]San Antonio, TX[/td] [td]Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre[/td] [td]n/a[/td] [/tr][/table]

Nothing new, I'm really slacking on the metal tip as of late.

Falchion
Genghis Tron
Cannibal Corpse
Burzum
Iron Maiden (just like everyone else in here,
laugh.gif
)

^^Iron Maiden is my favorite metal band. And definitely in my top 5 music acts all time. Nice to see a Burzum fan. I used to be way into them a couple yearsback. Have you heard any of his newer stuff? Too spacey for me.

I watched that Norweigan Black Metal on vbs.tv thats actually where I heard about the Heavy Metal In Baghdad documentary. Gaahl is way intense during some ofthe interviews. I thought he was a second away from ripping the interviewers to shreds. lol. I cant remember what the one guy asked but Gaahl just stared athim something fierce. It was like staring at the devil himself lol.

Anyways:
Pantera
MOD
Megadeth

^^Iron Maiden is my favorite metal band. And definitely in my top 5 music acts all time. Nice to see a Burzum fan. I used to be way into them a couple years back. Have you heard any of his newer stuff? Too spacey for me.

I watched that Norweigan Black Metal on vbs.tv thats actually where I heard about the Heavy Metal In Baghdad documentary. Gaahl is way intense during some of the interviews. I thought he was a second away from ripping the interviewers to shreds. lol. I cant remember what the one guy asked but Gaahl just stared at him something fierce. It was like staring at the devil himself lol.

Anyways:
Pantera
MOD
Megadeth
I think I've seen that one before but it was called A Headbangers journey or something like that they also interviewed 2 members from Mayhem. These Norwegian groups go far on what they believe these dudes are possessed I saw that dude your talking about he was kind of dazed but staring at the sametime. I'm not a big fan of their music though.

damn, no edmonton on that slayer list. again. oh well

bcf whats up?

i dont remember if i told you, but the jack on my guitar that hooks up to the amp is ****ed. no distortion ftl. sooooo, ive just been gettin down acousticparts from some of my favorite songs. i was watching trailer park boys and it was the episode where they kidnap alex lifeson. that prompted me to learn closerto the heart that very evening. what else did i learn? ummm...the acoustic to fade to black among other metallica songs. still got a long ways to go lol.

anywho,

just been listening to last.fm, rockin out to whatever comes up

cadacross
ensiferum
wintersun
imperanon

Originally Posted by Physicx

damn, no edmonton on that slayer list. again. oh well

bcf whats up?

i dont remember if i told you, but the jack on my guitar that hooks up to the amp is ****ed. no distortion ftl. sooooo, ive just been gettin down acoustic parts from some of my favorite songs. i was watching trailer park boys and it was the episode where they kidnap alex lifeson. that prompted me to learn closer to the heart that very evening. what else did i learn? ummm...the acoustic to fade to black among other metallica songs. still got a long ways to go lol.

anywho,

just been listening to last.fm, rockin out to whatever comes up

cadacross
ensiferum
wintersun
imperanon
Well thats good that sucks about your wires to your guitar though. Good choice on Rush they have some difficult stuff. I've been listeningto them a lot lately. I was listening to La Villa Strangiato and its a unique song. I'm saving up for a guitar right now so once summer hits and schoolsdone I can start on learning. I'm looking to get that Dean from hell or a razorback. By the way since your playing acoustic give these songs a try.

Heart- Crazy on you
King Diamond- intro to A visit from the dead
Metallica- intro to Battery

just songs on top of my head.

I watched that Norweigan Black Metal on vbs.tv thats actually where I heard about the Heavy Metal In Baghdad documentary. Gaahl is way intense during some of the interviews. I thought he was a second away from ripping the interviewers to shreds. lol. I cant remember what the one guy asked but Gaahl just stared at him something fierce. It was like staring at the devil himself lol.
the 3 minutes of silence at the end always has me
laugh.gif
andtheres no way im following Gaahl up a mountain if i aint strapped
laugh.gif

speaking of crazy singers. those familiar with GISM, do yall believe the stories floating out there about Sakevi? people say he has yakuza ties. or thats hesgone into the crowd with a chainsaw. or he'll beat you down if he sees you wearing a bootleg GISM shirt
laugh.gif
. and a bunch of other crazy !!*%. i actually downloaded a video awhile back ofhim going into the crowd with a flamethrower so i dont know what to believe.

either way i love GISM
pimp.gif

edit:
heres the flamethrower video, it starts @ around the 5:50 mark

I have heard of GISM but dont really follow them much. I didnt know the lead singer did crazy stuff like that though haha. He couldnt keep that thing lit forthe life of him though lol. GOKU where did you hear about all the shenanigans he does?

Back
Top Bottom