Team Metal Heads thread : Keep metal alive join the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^fair enough. i guess its a lock to buy it tomorrow. like i said my brother is a big fan so he shouldnt be dissapointed

and yo everyone should chill w/ the streaming youtube vids. i dont think we are allowed. i dont want to seem like a mini-mod or anything, but i really dontwanna get this thing locked
ohwell.gif

meth might be watching
nerd.gif

(sword is
pimp.gif
btw)

Originally Posted by Physicx

^fair enough. i guess its a lock to buy it tomorrow. like i said my brother is a big fan so he shouldnt be dissapointed

and yo everyone should chill w/ the streaming youtube vids. i dont think we are allowed. i dont want to seem like a mini-mod or anything, but i really dont wanna get this thing locked
ohwell.gif

meth might be watching
nerd.gif

(sword is
pimp.gif
btw)
I thought that was only if it had cursing in it. If not I can take those down, it ain't that serious to me
laugh.gif

^ i think its ok to post youtube stuff as long as its an official music video or live performance. at least thats what i assume.

as for the KSE discussion they're definitely a watered down version of their former self. that doesnt mean they suck now cause i still dig their new stuffbut i prefer their earlier records. and i dont blame Howard cause the changing of singers is not why they've softened up a bit, bands just changesometimes. btw "Alive or Just Breathing" is my favorite record they've put out.

and am i the only one that feels that Howard's other band Blood Has Been Shed is better than KSE?

today
AFI - Shut Your Mouth and Open Your Eyes
Bad Brains - I Against I
Bitter End - Climate of Fear

^^ i didnt even know they were melodic death metal
laugh.gif

ill give them a shot though

im more into the finnish/scandinavian brand. stuff like old children of bodom (even though theyre waaaaaay overhyped, especially the last few years. new stuff is hardly melo death anyways), norther, kalmah, eluveitie, ensiferum, skyfire, dark tranquility etc etc. anything with melody. i could care less what people think of my tastes
pimp.gif
U like lordi? They are Sweden i think.

^^you cheap bastard. downloading ftw/ftl
laugh.gif

anyways, on behemoth, i decided not to go tomorrow...errr today rather

im pretty lazy and i cant justify to pay x amount of dollars to see ensiferum for under 40 minutes. necrophagist will prolly be back sometime next year (hopefully) so im not too bummed out. i hope i dont regret it
tired.gif
roll.gif

Cheap yes, lol. But if it wasnt for downloading I wouldnt have heard a lot of the metal music I listen to. And if the music is that good when I download it, Iwill support and buy what I think is quality.

Physicx wrote:

and yo everyone should chill w/ the streaming youtube vids. i dont think we are allowed. i dont want to seem like a mini-mod or anything, but i really dontwanna get this thing locked
ohwell.gif

meth might be watching
nerd.gif

(sword is
pimp.gif
btw)

laugh.gif
Dont kid yourself Physicx, you know nobody cares what goes on in thisthread, save the 6 or so people that regularly post in here lol. I swear, if I didnt have this thread saved I would be on page 11 by now trying to find ithaha.

Today:
Ensiferum
Nightwish
Between The Buried And Me

^yeeeaaah i guess
laugh.gif

and jules, lordi im pretty sure is finnish. are they kinda like gwar? i saw pictures of them grocery shopping with their costumes on and stuff
laugh.gif
. im open ifyou have suggestions

j1, i dont know. blood has been shed isnt my thing. then again, killswitch isnt really either. theyre more towards deathcore arent they?

anywho

killswitch engage (new album is getting spin tonight. younger bro likes it so no surprise there)
catamenia - any more melodic black metal out there? no dimmu or cof for me if thats what youre gonna suggest though
eternal tears of sorrow
kalmah

j1, i dont know. blood has been shed isnt my thing. then again, killswitch isnt really either. theyre more towards deathcore arent they?
i hate the term but their considered "math metal/mathcore". i try and keep it simple when it comes to genres, its either rock, punk,hardcore, or metal but once you get into discussions all the sub genres start to come out. as for deathcore imo its
sick.gif
there might be 1 or 2 bands that i thought were ok.

today i finally checked out the new ISIS "Wavering Radiant" , wow i really slept on this, another potential album of the year in my book.

Death- The Sound of Perseverance
Judas Priest- Painkiller
Children of Bodom- Something Wild
Scorpions- Taken by Force (Killer Solo on The Sails of Charon)
Rainbow- Long Live Rock N Roll (Gates of Babylon)

Originally Posted by J1GOKU

i hate the term but their considered "math metal/mathcore". i try and keep it simple when it comes to genres, its either rock, punk, hardcore, or metal but once you get into discussions all the sub genres start to come out. as for deathcore imo its
sick.gif
there might be 1 or 2 bands that i thought were ok.

today i finally checked out the new ISIS "Wavering Radiant" , wow i really slept on this, another potential album of the year in my book.
I hate sub-genres ! I hate them, I hate them I hate them!!!!
mad.gif

On another note Wooooooooooooooooooooooo!

i dont even know what the hell math metal or mathcore is
laugh.gif

i hate subgenres for the most part too. to me, metal is metal. i deleted all genres from my ipod cause it was getting tiresome categorizing. black metal, deathmetal, blackened death metal, blackened thrash metal, melodic black metal, melodic death metal, melodic blackened death metal ...
sick.gif

like i do prefer some genres over others, but good music is good music to me no matter the genre or subgenre

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

On another note Wooooooooooooooooooooooo!

the hell?
laugh.gif

Well just read from Blabbermouth that Metal Church is calling it quits. Its a little sad how things turned out for this group with so much potential I thinkthey just made a lot of bad decisions including with the record label and management. Either way there last albums just didn't have it anymore. I hope theycould get it together one day and come back with a good singer. Now I'm regretting missing them in 2007. Here is the link.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=123255

Anyway jammed out to:

Metal Church- Metal Church, The Dark, Blessing in Disguise

crabcore? what the !$!*
laugh.gif

i was wondering where that gif came from. ive seen it everywhere and thought, "what kind of buffoonery is this?"
laugh.gif

but yeah man that sucks about metal church. ill admit, i never listened to them all that much, but it always sucks to see another band call it quits. i guessill be bumping them fairly frequently for the time being

crabcore? what the !$!*
laugh.gif

i was wondering where that gif came from. ive seen it everywhere and thought, "what kind of buffoonery is this?"
laugh.gif
the term comes from their crab-like moves
laugh.gif
personally ithink the band is whack but the whole synchronized headbangs/crab squats is hilarious. but i bet their making bank so more power to them.

got my Leeway and Warzone l/s shirts in the mail today
pimp.gif

today
Integrity - Humanity Is The Devil
Isis - Wavering Radiant
Sepultura - Beneath The Remains, and Chaos A.D.

anyone remember many years ago when Sharon Osboure supposedly offered Max and Sepultura a million dollars to reunite for ozzfest and they turned itdown
smh.gif
i really hope it happens someday but its very doubtful.

Had the comp on shuffle today so way too many bands to list. Hoping to get up to Portland to see Cannibal Corpse and God Forbid this week.

Had the comp on shuffle today so way too many bands to list. Hoping to get up to Portland to see Cannibal Corpse and God Forbid this week.
Cannibal Corpse
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

God Forbid
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Going to try to listen to most of Nile's discography, they are slowly becoming on of my fav bands.

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

Cannibal Corpse
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

God Forbid
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Are you serious man. But I guess to each his own. I still have to wait a month before I can see them both at Mayhem. The wait is just to long till thenI'm going to see Priest next Friday I heard they are putting on some awesome shows so far. The bad thing about it is some group called Pop Evil andWhitesnake are opening for them and they both suck.

i thought you had midterms?
nerd.gif

cutting class ftw
pimp.gif

I have a midterm the same day, and then on friday. I should probably stay home and study...but it's just math on friday. I can bs that...usually.

Back
Top Bottom