Team Metal Heads thread : Keep metal alive join the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today I'm hanging out in Kelley Engineering Center (where there's A/C) with the Ipod on shuffle. So a little bit of everything today.

i saw some like 70 something year old chinese lady that had a walker with a cradle of filth sweater at a chinese supermarket
roll.gif

i dont like cof, but i thought it was pretty funny. no one else around me knew what i was laughing at though
smh.gif

I want in!
happy.gif

Am I the only who's had Metallica on heavy rotation?

I swear I have all their albums on my iPod and I listen to them heavily through the day!

^prolly
laugh.gif

all kidding aside, i dig metallica. i bump ride the lightning fairly often but they never really made it into my heavy rotation. then again, my rotation forthe most part changes from week to week. i prefer other bands over them but i still like them

what other bands do you listen to?

Originally Posted by Physicx

^prolly
laugh.gif

all kidding aside, i dig metallica. i bump ride the lightning fairly often but they never really made it into my heavy rotation. then again, my rotation for the most part changes from week to week. i prefer other bands over them but i still like them

what other bands do you listen to?

Pantera,Lamb of God,Slayer,Cannibal Corpse,Iron Maiden,Sabbath,Disturbed,ACDC,Van Halen,Maximum The Hormone

I listen to anything really
laugh.gif

All other non-metal bands aside

Joe Satriani,Steve Vai,The Beatles,Queen,RATM,Audioslave,Buckethead,Eric Johnson,Guns and Roses,Nirvana,Stone Temple Pilots,SmashingPumpkins,Soundgarden,Jimi Hendrix,The Real Tuesday Weld,Misfits,Bad Brains,CKY,Radiohead,Seether,Weezer,SOAD,Wolfmother,The Who,The Pillows,Tommorrows BadSeeds....The list goes on and on
laugh.gif
those are just naming a FEW

nice. i like the variety. and i know what you mean, if i were to name half of my favorite bands, including non metal, we would be here for a long long time
laugh.gif

i wanna see ninjalla come up with some wild team initiation type thingy like he did for jules a bit ago
nerd.gif

muaahhahahahaha

Good list there man but like Physicx said there are just to many groups to name. As for Metallica theres periods of time when I don't listen to them andthere is times when I jam out to them a lot. Its mainly Kill Em All, Ride the Lightning, and the Garage Days. I'm checking them out in September soprobably around then I'll put Death Magnetic in the Rotation.

Originally Posted by MilitaryIV

im really feelin mastodons new cd, can someone put me on to similar bands
try some

Neurosis
Isis
Torche

btw the new Isis album "Wavering Radiant" is the best album released so far this year imo.

check out baroness too

i was gonna list isis myself but j1 beat me to it. there's also kylesa from what ive heard. you can listen to alot of songs for free on their last.fm page

as for me, lately

korpiklaani
dissection
catamenia

I never venture into the music forum
nerd.gif
but my contribution

right now:
Saint Vitus - Mournful Cries

and speaking of Mastodon

Mastodon, Dethklok, Converge,High On Fire tour

10/2 Portland, OR @ Roseland Theater
10/3 Seattle, WA @ WaMu Theater
10/4 Vancouver, BC @ Orpheum Theatre
10/6 Calgary, AB @ Big Four Building
10/7 Edmonton, AB @ Shaw Conference Centre
10/9 Salt Lake City, UT @ Great Saltair
10/10 Denver, CO @ Fillmore Auditorium
10/12 Kansas City, MO @ Uptown Theater
10/13 St. Louis, MO @ The Pageant
10/14 Des Moines, IA @ Val Air Ballroom
10/16 St. Paul, MN @ Myth
10/17 Chicago, IL @ Aragon Ballroom
10/18 Milwaukee, WI @ Eagle's Auditorium
10/20 Columbus, OH @ LC Pavilion
10/21 Detroit, MI @ The Fillmore Detroit
10/23 Toronto, ON @ Sound Academy
10/24 Buffalo, NY @ The Fairgrounds
10/25 Albany, NY @ Armory
10/27 Boston, MA @ House of Blues
10/30 New York, NY @ Hammerstein Ballroom
10/31 Washington, DC @ Patriot Center
11/1 Philadelphia, PA @ Electric Factory
11/5 Atlanta, GA @ Tabernacle
11/6 Myrtle Beach, SC @ House of Blues
11/7 Orlando, FL @ Hard Rock Live
11/8 Pompano Beach, FL @ Pompano Beach Amphit
11/11 Dallas, TX @ House of Blues
11/12 Houston, TX @ Verizon Wireless Theater
11/13 Austin, TX @ Austin City Music Hall
11/14 Tulsa, OK @ Brady Theater
11/16 Las Cruces, NM @ Pan American Center
11/17 Mesa, AZ @ Mesa Amphitheater
11/18 Las Vegas, NV @ House of Blues
11/19 Los Angeles, CA @ Palladium

i might check that out

however dethklok loses replay value sooooo quickly its not even funny. they need better touring members too because those dudes just stand in one spot theentire gig from what ive seen. gene hoglan is
pimp.gif
though

i seen high on fire once before but i dont know too much about converge. they any good?

Av1r3x - first time in here? what else do you listen to?

i might check that out

however dethklok loses replay value sooooo quickly its not even funny. they need better touring members too because those dudes just stand in one spot the entire gig from what ive seen. gene hoglan is
pimp.gif
though

i seen high on fire once before but i dont know too much about converge. they any good?

i could care less about seeing Dethklok, love the show but dont really need to see em live. plus im sure they attract the "Hot Topic"crowd, nothing wrong with the store but you know what i mean
laugh.gif

as for Converge i love em, i can see why some people might not like Jacob Bannon's vocals but regardless band rules on so many levels. and absolutely oneof the best live bands. seeing them perform Jane Doe(song) in its entirety gave me chills.

http://www.youtube.com/v/LcB2F1r8X4Y&hl=en&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/LcB2F1r8X4Y&hl=en&fs=1&
pimp.gif

Yep, saw a few Team Metal Heads sigs in General and thought I'd show some support amidst the endless Jay-Z/Wayne/etc riders..

Long list there
tongue.gif
. My avy shows #1, Iron Maiden, then Judas Priest, Testament, Pantera. Love the old school bands like Death, Obituary, Flotsam and Jetsam,Exodus, Helloween. Modern stuff includes Children of Bodom, Lazarus A.D., Toxic Holocaust, Wolf.
Heck I even listen to some symphonic/gothic metal
laugh.gif
I hate categories though. I just like Metal in general..

Today so far..
Arch Enemy - Doomsday Machine
Gorefest - Erase
Obituary - The End complete

Originally Posted by Av1r3x

Yep, saw a few Team Metal Heads sigs in General and thought I'd show some support amidst the endless Jay-Z/Wayne/etc riders..

Long list there
tongue.gif
. My avy shows #1, Iron Maiden, then Judas Priest, Testament, Pantera. Love the old school bands like Death, Obituary, Flotsam and Jetsam, Exodus, Helloween. Modern stuff includes Children of Bodom, Lazarus A.D., Toxic Holocaust, Wolf.
Heck I even listen to some symphonic/gothic metal
laugh.gif
I hate categories though. I just like Metal in general..

Today so far..
Arch Enemy - Doomsday Machine
Gorefest - Erase
Obituary - The End complete
Good taste in music man. As for Maiden they are my favorite metal group. I can't wait till they start on there next album. Anyway I readKing Diamond should be releasing a DVD on Halloween. It should be awesome. It should include footage of both Mercyful Fate and King Diamond.

King Diamond- Them
Metallica- Live #&$% Binge and Purge
Queensryche- The Warning

ill be sure to pick up that king diamond dvd thanks for the heads up and im almost certain that maiden is the consensus goat in this thread. no complaints here

thats some nice list up there Av1r3x. if you can, post in here often as this thread can reach the recesses of the music forum fairly quickly
laugh.gif

as for converge, they seem like a wild concert. thats crazy. the voice i could do without like you said but whatever its cool

hot topic crowds
sick.gif

today

dark tranquility
at the gates
mors principium est

same ol $!!* eeeeeyyyyyoooowww. i need to expand my taste -_-

Thanks for the welcome
smile.gif
..I'll try my best to pop in here every now & then..

Today so far:
Death- Leprosy
Iron Maiden- Powerslave
Tristania - World of Glass

I must add that the Iron Maiden Blu-Ray is sick! Got it when it dropped last month, great audio/video quality (not just upconverted). I hope they bring moremetal acts to Blu..

Ozzy- Diary of a Madman
Testament- The Legacy, Souls of Black
Anthrax- Fistful of Metal
Iced Earth- Night of the Stormrider
Exodus- Tempo of the Damned

^^Nice playlist, I was listening to some Practice What You Preach yesterday..

Hoy:
DIO - Holy Diver
Warlock - Hellbound
Judas Priest - Screaming for Vengeance
Fisc - Tracker
Black Sabbath - Sabotage

yeh I'm stuck in the 80s big whoop, wanna fight about it
tongue.gif

-D.R.I. TOUR

via blabbermouth
Hardcore/metal crossover pioneers D.R.I. (DIRTY ROTTEN IMBECILES) will return from an official hiatus and resume live performances this November, starting November 6 in Tucson, Arizona. The band's last show in North America was September 2004 when a proposed winter tour was abruptly canceled by the news that founding member Spike Cassidy was diagnosed with colon cancer. He underwent surgery (a one-foot section of large intestine was removed through an eight-inch incision in his stomach on March 27, 2006), radiation and chemotherapy and is said to be winning the battle against the disease.

Cassidy commented on his return to the stage: "I am very happy D.R.I. will be playing again; it has been far too long. We are currently setting up weekends to test the water and rebuild the stamina that we were known for. We all look forward to restarting up exactly where we left off."

He added: "Right now it is two- and three-day weekends until 2010, followed by some international work. We really are planning to be able to do a four-week tour by late summer 2010. We are also hoping to do some festivals in the middle of these weekends, one of which will be announced in a few weeks. It will be great to reconnect with all the fans again."

Confirmed dates so far:

Nov. 06 - Tuscon, AZ - The Rock
Nov. 07 - Mesa, AZ - U.B.'s
Nov. 27 - Seattle, WA - El Corazon
Nov. 28 - Portland, OR - Satyricon
Dec. 04 - Cleveland, OH - Peabody's Down Under
Dec. 05 - Detroit, MI - Blondie's
Dec. 11 - Virginia Beach, VA - Peppermint Beach Club
Dec. 12 - Springfield, VA - Jaxx
Dec. 13 - Baltimore, MD - Sonar
Dec. 19 - Annaheim, CA - Chain Reaction
Dec. 20 - Hollywood, CA - Key Club

Tickets are on sale exclusively through EnterTheVault.com until August 29 at which point they will be made available through all normal ticketing systems.

For the past 27 years, D.R.I. has been the epitome of the aggressive, hardcore-punk thrash sound that we've all become accustomed to hearing. Throughout this time, they've been one of the few genuine underground bands to remain true to their pure punk roots. Still actively touring and recording, the only thing that may have changed is that they're a little older now, but time hasn't gotten the best of the DIRTY ROTTEN IMBECILES. They're still thrashing just as hard, and just as loud as ever, continuing to overload our senses with the sound that is, and will always remain, uniquely D.R.I.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Av1r3x

^^Nice playlist, I was listening to some Practice What You Preach yesterday..

Hoy:
DIO - Holy Diver
Warlock - Hellbound
Judas Priest - Screaming for Vengeance
Fisc - Tracker
Black Sabbath - Sabotage

yeh I'm stuck in the 80s big whoop, wanna fight about it
tongue.gif
Same here man most of the stuff I post is old school 80's metal.

Originally Posted by J1GOKU

also on the crossover front, one word CRUMBSUCKERS why does no one talk about this band? extremely underrated. gave "Life of Dreams" a few spins today, what a great record.

noooooo my speakers arent working right now
mad.gif
. crossover = instant listenfor me

i took a break from harsh vocals recently

iron maiden
korpiklaani
the police -
embarassed.gif

Back
Top Bottom