Team Metal Heads thread : Keep metal alive join the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DIRGE WITHIN, the new metal band featuring ex-SOIL guitarist Shaun Glass, drummer James Knight (ex-THE BLANK THEORY, CHACOPA), vocalist Jeremy "Jerms" Genske, guitarist Matt Szlachta and bassist James Pezanoski (ex-FROM ALL WITHIN), will support GWAR on the following shows:

June 01 - Toledo, OH - Headliners
June 02 - Palatine, IL - Durty Nellies
June 04 - Ft. Collins, CO - Aggie Theatre
June 05 - Grand Junction, CO - Mesa Theatre & Club
June 07 - San Antonio, TX - White Rabbit
June 09 - Mobile, AL - Soul Kitchen
June 10 - Jackson, MS - Club Fire
June 11 - Memphis, TN - New Daisy Theatre
June 14 - Raleigh, NC - Lincoln Theatre
June 15 - N. Myrtle Beach, SC - House of Blues
June 16 - Richmond, VA - The National
June 17 - Allentown, PA - Crocodile Rock
June 18 - Sayreville, NJ - Starland Ballroom
June 19 - Poughkeepsie, NY - The Chance
June 20 - Boston, MA - House of Blues Boston
June 22 - Farmingdale, NY - The Crazy Donkey
June 23 - Syracuse, NY - Westcott Theatre
June 24 - Millvale, PA - Mr. Small's Theatre
June 25 - Lexington, KY - Buster's Billiards & Backroom
June 26 - Rutland, OH - 2010 Interpunk American Skate Fest

I have yet to see GWAR what can I expect. I always wanted to see them.

^uhhh...just say it was fun and leave it at that
laugh.gif

music stinks imo but theyre a cool live band

im in the mood for some punk right now, who's got some?

Originally Posted by Physicx

^uhhh...just say it was fun and leave it at that
laugh.gif

music stinks imo but theyre a cool live band

im in the mood for some punk right now, who's got some?
Not really punk but how about D.R.I

Rancid
Bad Religion
Sex Pistols
GG Allin (Most sickest man to ever live and boy was he sick)
The Germs
Bad Brains
Ramones (Personal Favorite)

All I can think of for now.

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

^^True story. Most ridiculous show ive ever been to... Still debating over wether it was a good or bad thing lol.
So is it worth going to.  I either gotta choose between Gwar or Korn.

if you really want to relive your childhood, then korn. i say that cause gwar NEVER stops touring. theyll be back soon i bet

^^True story. Most ridiculous show ive ever been to... Still debating over wether it was a good or bad thing lol.
it was awesome. weather you like their music or not (i like it) GWAR is always a good time, unless your easily offended.

as for seeing Korn or GWAR, ive seen both and i'll choose GWAR everytime, no question.

Cool man maybe I'll go to both but what throws me off with GWAR is that their show is on a Monday. But thanks everyone for the heads up. I've heard from a lot of people their live shows are cool and you are bound to get dirty .

^ Like stated above... Korn was dope in my elementary days, but GWAR wont stop touring until every member is long gone lol. But GWAR puts on a show that you'll never forget.

Today:
Iron Maiden
Dom Kennedy
happy.gif

Travis Porter
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

Yes thats in the metal forum...

rust is this anywhere near you? sorry, my american geography is lacking
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Swedish melodic death metallers DARK TRANQUILLITY will return to North America in May for headlining tour. So far the following dates have been announced:

May 11 - Raleigh, NC - Volume 11 Tavern
May 12 - West Springfield, VA - Jaxx
May 13 - Philadelphia, PA - The Trocadero

3 so far? thats it? i realize theyre only preliminary but still, what the frick

^ Like stated above... Korn was dope in my elementary days, but GWAR wont stop touring until every member is long gone lol. But GWAR puts on a show that you'll never forget.

Today:
Iron Maiden
Dom Kennedy
happy.gif

Travis Porter
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

Yes thats in the metal forum...
Thanks for helping with my decision.  GWAR is a must.

Originally Posted by Physicx

rust is this anywhere near you? sorry, my american geography is lacking
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Swedish melodic death metallers DARK TRANQUILLITY will return to North America in May for headlining tour. So far the following dates have been announced:

May 11 - Raleigh, NC - Volume 11 Tavern
May 12 - West Springfield, VA - Jaxx
May 13 - Philadelphia, PA - The Trocadero

3 so far? thats it? i realize theyre only preliminary but still, what the frick
YES!!! Thanks for posting that up brotha! Raleigh is only 5.5hrs away with the way I drive.

Alright I've been absent for a little while trying to catch up on my schoolwork, but I've got some news and some pics. First off, we debuted our new drummer Saturday to a packed house in Dallas. He did extremely well minus a mixup at the beginning of a song, but he knew what he did wrong and we've addressed it. It felt so good to be back onstage, and it felt even better knowing we outdrew every band on the bill threefold. We got ourselves a pretty strong payday and sold a lot of merch as well. Now we've gotta renegotiate our management deal and take new promo pics, since our old drummer felt it necessary to ditch out after taking our current ones. Regardless, we're much better off with Reuben. Stylistically, he's perfect for us, and his positive energy makes him an even greater fit. The ex drummer was always such a negative nancy and never made an effort to hang out, promote, or any of the other things it takes to build a strong connection with bandmates and fans.

So, future shows. We're playing a metal fest out in Brownwood (West Texas) in mid-April. We don't have anything booked in May yet, but I'm working on getting some stuff in Dallas and maybe some out of town stuff. I don't want to book in Fort Worth cause we've got a huge show there in early June with Pestilence and Vital Remains. I also have a really huge show for us towards the end of July/early August, but the lineup and date are confirmed, so I can't release any info yet. As soon as I do, you guys will be the first to know!

Now, as I promised, I have pics of our jamroom setup. I apologize for the lack in quality, I had to take them with my sidekick. Here we go!

My rig. I've pretty much sold everything but my Mesa as I'm upgrading in content, downgrading in size. I'm tired of carrying that massive case around. J VIIs for you guys!

Reuben's kit on the riser. You can see our mics, both wedges, and Reuben's monitor in the back.

Close up of my wedge and Reuben's monitor

Monitor over on Al/Chris's side

Here are the 2 mains and sub on my side. Behind them you can see an additional Marshall rig and a whole other PA system. We've even got about 8 more power amps to run it all
smile.gif

Al's bass rig and the mains/sub on his side. He's got both of his 8x10 cabs for extra bass power.

Expanded shot of Chris/Al's side to show Chris' Peavey XXX/Marshall rig

Our mixing board. Currently all we have going into the PA are main vocals, backup vocals for everybody (even Reuben), Reuben's snare and his kick drum. When my new setup arrives, I'll be able to send my signal direct to the board, and Al's head has the same capabilities, so we may look into that in order to feed our signal into Reuben's monitor.

Here's the backside of the board. There are two power amps down there and a dbx compressor to limit feedback.

Last, but definitely not least, a promo pic I made in MS Paint. It's an old pic we took (I believe from Greg's first year in the band), which you can tell cause my hair is much, much longer now. From left to right, Me, Chris, Greg, Al, Reuben.

^^
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

thanks much for the pics man. looks awesome, especailly with that xii sitting there lol. is that the ONLY picture you had of reuben though?
roll.gif

good to know that your gig was a success and i hope you guys tear the place down w/ vital remains and pestilence. isnt warbringer on that tour as well, as with any tour?
laugh.gif
but if you guys manage to get some footage, post it

anyways, some tours coming around. i really hope that edmonton is on that dt na list cause i completely missed it when they came 2007 (?) w/ arch enemy

---------------

SCORPIONS' "Get Your Sting And Blackout Tour" North American dates (more to be announced):

Jun. 18 - Holmdel, NJ - PNC Bank Arts Center
Jun. 19 - Baltimore, MD - Merriweather Post Pavilion
Jun. 22 - Jones Beach, NY - Jones Beach Theater
Jun. 25 - Quebec City, QC - Pavillion de la Juenesse
Jun. 26 - Montreal, QC - Bell Centre
Jun. 27 - Toronto, ON - Molson Amphitheatre
Jul. 02 - Milwaukee, WI - Summerfest - TBA via Ticketmaster
Jul. 24 - Oklahoma City, OK - Oklahoma City Zoo Amphitheatre
Jul. 26 - Albuquerque, NM - The Pavilion
Jul. 29 - Los Angeles, CA - Greek Theater
Jul. 31 - Ontario, CA - Citizen's Business Bank Arena
Aug. 06 - Roseburg, OR - Douglas County Fairgrounds
Aug. 07 - Ridgefield, WA - Amphitheatre at Clark County

---------------

The Finnish Metal Tour, featuring Finntroll, Moonsorrow, Swallow the Sun and Survivors Zero (cancelled) was announced this past December, at which point our nipples instantly became hard. But now we’ve been asked on as an official sponsor and hey, lookee at that, our logo’s at the top of this here tour poster all fancy-lookin’ and #*$#!

Finn_Tour2010_Admat-3.jpg

Apr. 06 – Springfield, VA @ Jaxx
Apr. 07 – Philadelphia, PA @ Trocadero
Apr. 08 – New York City, NY @ Grammercy Theater
Apr. 09 – Worcester, MA @ Palladium
Apr. 10 – Montreal, QC @ Club Soda
Apr. 11 – Quebec City, QC @ Imperial
Apr. 12 – Toronto, ON @ Opera House
Apr. 13 – Cleveland, OH @ Peabodys
Apr. 14 – Detroit, MI @ Blondie’s
Apr. 15 – Milwaukee, WI @ The Rave
Apr. 16 – Chicago, IL @ Bottom Lounge
Apr. 17 – St. Paul, MN @ Station 4
Apr. 19 – Denver, CO @ Bluebird
Apr. 21 – Seattle, WA @ El Corazon
Apr. 22 – Vancouver, BC @ Red Room
Apr. 23 – Portland, OR @ Peters Room
Apr. 24 – San Francisco, CA @ Thee Parkside
Apr. 25 – West Hollywood, CA @ House of Blues
Apr. 26 – Mesa, AZ @ U.B.’s
Apr. 27 – Tucson, AZ @ The Rock
Apr. 29 – Austin, TX @ Emo’s
Apr. 30 – Houston, TX @ Meridian
May 01 – Ft. Worth, TX @ Ridglea Theater

moonsorrow is worth it alone and are much better than finntroll imo

i doubt that paganfest is happening this year so this would make up quite nicely. too bad theyre not coming anywhere near here
ohwell.gif

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN ITTTT. San Antonio better be apart of that Scorpions tour.

Matt- Looks like things can only go up from there. Congrats on your show it looks like you guys are getting a good following with your live shows thats good to hear. Its like they say touring is what gets you out there. Look at Warbringer those dudes tour like madmen and their known for it and their music of course. Plus I got those same twelves collecting dust right now in my closet and that last picture of that dude was so unnecessary. My friend walked in and said what the hell are you looking at.

His band is called Verdict of Vengeance. Scorpions are legends man and this is their farewell so its a must.

Funny Avy man I was looking at some of his funny clips and interviews for laughs. Tysons phrases are classic.

Originally Posted by BCF06

His band is called Verdict of Vengeance. Scorpions are legends man and this is their farewell so its a must.

Funny Avy man I was looking at some of his funny clips and interviews for laughs. Tysons phrases are classic.

Yo, are tickets for sale now for that Scorpions concert? It's a must, like you said.
Oh yeup, Tyson is that dude
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom