Team Metal Heads thread : Keep metal alive join the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No the tickets aren't on sale you be some more info should come out soon. The dates just barely got leaked.

Originally Posted by BCF06

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN ITTTT. San Antonio better be apart of that Scorpions tour.
You would think so with Roseburg, Oregon on the list
laugh.gif
Are you going ninja?
Going to try to.

Any word on the Ozzfest 2010 line-up?

Also I need to pick up a shredding guitar my strat isn't cutting it I was thinking about adding some Screaming Demons on the neck and bridge but I decided against it so I'm looking at these 2:

ESP MH-50-$180

3k63m13p45Oc5T35R1a31a0c26136d2241de8.jpg
3k93o83la5O25T95Raa315710c3e0566b1425.jpg

JACKSON RX10D $250

3nb3o63l55T05Q55W2a3pc97b0ecc16841073.jpg
3n93m43p45T65U25R0a3p8fa36c2616201d73.jpg

Matt is your best bet for advice on guitar shoot him a pm.

As for Ozzfest I'm waiting for the same thing. Nothing has really been mentioned yet.

Damn I'm waiting to see if I wanna go to Mayhem or Ozzfest but I'm waiting for the Ozzfest line-up first though before I jump the gun

Originally Posted by Physicx

^uhhh...just say it was fun and leave it at that
laugh.gif

music stinks imo but theyre a cool live band

im in the mood for some punk right now, who's got some?
Not really punk but how about D.R.I

Rancid
Bad Religion
Sex Pistols
GG Allin (Most sickest man to ever live and boy was he sick)
The Germs
Bad Brains
Ramones (Personal Favorite)

All I can think of for now.

id add

descendents
minor threat
early black flag albums
circle jerks
some early gang green
adolescents

Yeah, shoot me a pm. I'd be glad to help you out. Just give me a price range and what you're looking to do with it playing-wise.

Physicx wrote:^^

thanks much for the pics man. looks awesome, especailly with that xii sitting there lol. is that the ONLY picture you had of reuben though?

good to know that your gig was a success and i hope you guys tear the place down w/ vital remains and pestilence. isnt warbringer on that tour as well, as with any tour? but if you guys manage to get some footage, post it

anyways, some tours coming around. i really hope that edmonton is on that dt na list cause i completely missed it when they came 2007 (?) w/ arch enemy

Funny you mention Warbringer. They played the night after we did at the same venue, and we drew more than that entire bill did. Its really not their fault, though, Dallas can be lame on Sundays, and there was this "anti-show" vibe in the air. Everything was dead that night.

^^^^

haha... that looks like a Saturday night! I'll never forget taking down a 1.75 liter bottle of Goose with two other people in one night. Christ alive, that was one of the drunkest nights I've ever had. We played a show in Shreveport that night, and Chris (our other guitar player) and I decided it would be brilliant to drink ourselves ******ed and not warm up. Yeah, thank God for playing out of town, because while there was a pretty decent crowd, none of them knew our songs and couldn't decipher the unintelligible slop coming out of our amps ha.

I honestly love the jackson. I always wanted the Jackson King V Dave Mustaine had or the Dean from Hell which I still want to get once I manage to save.  As for Mayhem it seems way weaker compared to last year.  Last years festival was awesome.  I'm also waiting for Ozzfest but they haven't really mentioned anything yet and there aren't any legit rumors.

moz-screenshot-3.png
kv1_2.jpg
kv1_2.jpg

ugh. time to vent.

cool story in spoiler guys, in case you feel like it
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
so i was at the bar today and ran into some guy i know who listens to metal, but who i dont take seriously. he asks me if i was going to wacken (i guess he saw my facebook) and i said yeah. the conversation went like this:

him: pfffft #!#...youre such a loser, only power metal bands play at wacken
grin.gif

me: uhhhh...no
him: yeah, what the %%@@ are you talking about. thats how its been for the last 10 years
eyes.gif

me:
indifferent.gif

THAT FAT @$%**$*@@+%% DOESNT EVEN KNOW 3/4 (probably less, much less) OF THE ENTIRE LINEUP FROM THIS YEAR, NOR LAST YEAR, NOR THE YEAR BEFORE THAT. IF ANYONE REMEMBERS ME VENTING BEFORE, THIS IS THE SAME GUY WHO CATEGORIZES MAIDEN AS CLASSIC ROCK AND THINKS ARCH ENEMY IS AN UNDERGROUND BAND. HE DOESNT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ANYTHING.

seriously, how many power bands are playing this year? off the top of my head: stratovarious? edguy?

and what pisses me off even more is that last time i talked to him he was all about sonata arctica, demons and wizards, $##$@@% dragonforce and **@!. he wouldnt listen to anything that wasnt 3262780 bpm and had a vocalist who sounds like they got kicked in the cajones 17 times.

he also pronounced it wacken, like with a 'w' sound instead of a 'v' sound and he takes german. %%@@ this guy. i guess its kinda lame for my hate towards someone to grow in regards to something like music, but metal is one of if not the most important things in my life and for someone to spew that kind of garbage just pisses me the %%@@ off

/vent

I feel you Physicx. I can talk for hours about metal if someone allowed me too. I feel the same as you when someone bashes it and is ignorant. I got a few acquaintances that say its just noise when in reality it takes skill to play metal unlike rap or hip hop (which I'm open to if the artist is talented). All they use are computerized songs and some stupid machine to make their voice sound stupid Like Lil Wayne.

With dudes like that you either have to ignore them and laugh about it or put them in their place with all your knowledge and make him look stupid. I love the second option. There are some dudes that just don't know. I remember I got into it with this dude in highschool because he kept telling me how Slayer and Slipknot were better than Maiden (Slayer and Slipknot were his favorite bands). When somone bashes Maiden it just irks me. I told him first of all your favorite band Slayer was influenced by Maiden. How do you think they got their start. They played a whole bunch of Maiden and Priest covers before they got big. Listen or read some Kerry King interviews you idiot as a Slayer fan you should know. And as for Slipknot are you serious. I got no problem with these guys they have some decent stuff but come on. Maiden were selling out Arenas when they were little boogers in diapers. I just left it at that because my friends did the rest.

god i hate uneducated, ignorant turds

he didnt even recognize abbath from my facebook avy. went right over his fat head

24248_109467332399211_100000078348769_248412_7013665_n.jpg

"the three tenors? seriously?
eyes.gif
."

you dont know abbath? seriously?
eyes.gif

he is an elitist snob wannabe troll. he makes fun of people ie. my buddies who like r&b and rap (nothing wrong with r&b and rap
pimp.gif
) and says, "listen to real music, like metal blahblabhblah." i dont @!+%#@! know what the ##@% is so great about mudvayne and powerman 5000 that he decides to bash other people's musical tastes and question their character at the same time. apparently, only bands with harsh vocals are metal. hardcore harsh vocals, like the uber insane growl of the crushing randy blythe
eyes.gif
. @!+%#@! idiot.

edit - for the record, it may have sounded like it, but i dont hate power metal nor log. just saying that this guy is in no position to be bashing other people's opinions. and oh yeah, he thinks lamb of god is underground too

bah, enough with that. these pictures from metalsucks have me dying
roll.gif

nightwishcut83924304.jpg

basketballblackmetal.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

rollins-stage.jpg

henry rollins = that dude
pimp.gif

is that the dude. He looks emo. I'll see if i put a picture of somegirl wearing a homemade Slipknot shirt with finger paints.

Originally Posted by cowabungaxxx

Originally Posted by Physicx

^uhhh...just say it was fun and leave it at that
laugh.gif

music stinks imo but theyre a cool live band

im in the mood for some punk right now, who's got some?
Not really punk but how about D.R.I

Rancid
Bad Religion
Sex Pistols
GG Allin (Most sickest man to ever live and boy was he sick)
The Germs
Bad Brains
Ramones (Personal Favorite)

All I can think of for now.

id add

descendents
minor threat
early black flag albums
circle jerks
some early gang green
adolescents
http://www.youtube.com/v/L6BuoXNGbMg&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/L6BuoXNGbMg&hl=en_US&fs=1& http://www.youtube.com/v/L6BuoXNGbMg&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/L6BuoXNGbMg&hl=en_US&fs=1&

pimp.gif

getting some of that punk right now. thanks boys

and bcf, no, thats not the guy i was talking about. they just about as fat and ugly though
laugh.gif

LMAO at that last rollins gif. good thing mods dont come in here
nerd.gif

*knocks on wood*

Back
Top Bottom