Team Metal Heads thread : Keep metal alive join the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of the best moments was at the Summer Slaughter tour the year Decapitated and The Faceless were headlining it (at least I'm pretty sure it was the summer slaughter tour). Anyways you had these morons doing their sloppy spin kicks and windmill arms all over the "pit" for the entire show. Once the actual music came about half a dozen very large men ran into the hardcore dancers and proceeded to beat the sweet moves out of every one of them that didn't get out in time. I laughed so hard beer came out of my nose!

Last edited:
:lol:

Same thing happened to me at Warped Tour in 06.

It went from Less Than Jake to The Casualties. :lol: :x

Some kids got knocked the F out.

Last edited:
during Cannibal Corpse I think during last summer slaughter, they wanted a wall of death so the whole place started spliting up and there was an open area and 1 dude went in it solo and threw some arms and what not, left then immediatley my bro jumped right in with a whirlwind kick and went in HARD for a good 1 and a half. saw several people take out their cameras to record him. then I noticed that the drums were about to drop so i was like oh shiii my bro finna die, ran with the wall first to him just to bear hug him and dude that hit us from across damn near trampled him but if it wasn't for me holding on he definitely wouldve been on the floor stepped on. carried my bro to the end of the big mosh, and he said "Damn you saved my life... ay but I went IN THO HUH!!!"
laugh.gif

best example of the whirlwind kick my bro launched himself in like a b-boy to the world at the 0:39 second mark

btw star wars is the best

Last edited:
oh im leaving after mastodon, Rob isn't even worth it to me. actually most interested in seeing Born of Osiris

Thats actually a decent list. Half way agree, which is a rare feat when it comes to opinions.

So I've been out of the metal scene for the last few months. Been listening to hip hop and classic rock mainly... Just a mindset ive been in I guess. So that being the case, can anyone post up some new or newish stuff that I can take a listen to? Appreciate it guys! And great to see it hasn't died completely!

honestly though I told my brother this a while back but were hitting dark times in Metal, I don't think theres been a groundbreaking really good album out for a long time. we're still reaching with our old bands putting out new albums. Anthrax, Saxon releasing things this year and Metallica putting out that 3D concert soon.Were in a proper time when organizations are putting together multiple big festivals for the first time in our genre and headlining the one that usually is pure metal is co-headlined by old axx Rob (no offense love the guy but still), and FFDP who are horrendous to say the least and should be opening for the rest of their lives. meanwhile the other big fests are nothing but crapcore bands mixing dubstep, breakdowns that have no skill in their bodies, calling themselves trance metal and are the lil b's, ICP's, riff raff's of metal and their the most popular! eff outta here man.

only thing that is a dim light for this dark tunnel is Djent and I feel that people are to stupid or ignorant to actually listen to it

end rant lol

list was good in my eyes, happy they didn't put in some albums because they were accustomed to be the top of such lists. like naming a top 5 rappers and not having tupac or biggie in it out of fear of backlash. or a complex mag list

honestly though I told my brother this a while back but were hitting dark times in Metal, I don't think theres been a groundbreaking really good album out for a long time. we're still reaching with our old bands putting out new albums. Anthrax, Saxon releasing things this year and Metallica putting out that 3D concert soon.Were in a proper time when organizations are putting together multiple big festivals for the first time in our genre and headlining the one that usually is pure metal is co-headlined by old axx Rob (no offense love the guy but still), and FFDP who are horrendous to say the least and should be opening for the rest of their lives. meanwhile the other big fests are nothing but crapcore bands mixing dubstep, breakdowns that have no skill in their bodies, calling themselves trance metal and are the lil b's, ICP's, riff raff's of metal and their the most popular! eff outta here man.

only thing that is a dim light for this dark tunnel is Djent and I feel that people are to stupid or ignorant to actually listen to it

end rant lol

list was good in my eyes, happy they didn't put in some albums because they were accustomed to be the top of such lists. like naming a top 5 rappers and not having tupac or biggie in it out of fear of backlash. or a complex mag list

But.... But.... I like Riff Raff hahaha. Also like I'm sure people have noticed throughout this thread. I'm one of the few that does like the melodic "crabcore" dubsteppy teenage angsty not really metal hardcore but still crap genre type of bands.

i find myself listening to older stuff just because I know it and maybe its because I'm older now or something but I feel out of touch with metal now. But, never the less, I still enjoy it and I want to hear some new stuff. But I agree with a lot of your post Mario.

I'm going to see As I Lay Dying in Charlotte tonight haha. Saw it last minute and decided to go.

no hate rust but its like you listen to these bands for the first time with background knowledge of metal or at least any genre in general and your first reaction is "*****? is this guy serious?" people got that from Riff raff and Lil B, and now the same thing with FFDP or any other band with the same "*****?" then you see that their most popular and headlining everything then u look at the community and go "come on son!, really? those guys?" you almost wonder if their trolling the game until you realize "they are serious... dear god"

all honestly I think Lil B is trolling the world but riff raff i think he's genuinely just that way, no act or character on him idk why.

also its the times of getting old, were gonna still listen to our music while the younger gen will listen on, just like our pops will still listen to Zepplin and Purple talmbout anything louder than Dio is too much for their ears. the circle of life
laugh.gif

no hate rust but its like you listen to these bands for the first time with background knowledge of metal or at least any genre in general and your first reaction is "*****? is this guy serious?" people got that from Riff raff and Lil B, and now the same thing with FFDP or any other band with the same "*****?" then you see that their most popular and headlining everything then u look at the community and go "come on son!, really? those guys?" you almost wonder if their trolling the game until you realize "they are serious... dear god"

all honestly I think Lil B is trolling the world but riff raff i think he's genuinely just that way, no act or character on him idk why.

also its the times of getting old, were gonna still listen to our music while the younger gen will listen on, just like our pops will still listen to Zepplin and Purple talmbout anything louder than Dio is too much for their ears. the circle of life :lol:

Very true. I guess I have a soft spot for hardcore and ballerina metal because when I was in 6th or 7th grade thats what I started out on. But as I got older and explored metal more I gravitated toward "traditional" metal. Maiden is still my favorite band of all time. And to be completely honest, metalcore bands I listened to 4 or 5 years ago are long forgotten. Where as a Maiden or Dio or Death etc will never be forgotten as time passes. Like you said. Circle of life haha, perfect way to describe it.

just noticed my post count and I counted backwards on my posts so technically my 3000th was in this Team Metalheads small belated victory i guess
pimp.gif

but music wise Rust listening to Periphery, Corelia, Entities, Intervals and BTBAM nothing real new since were at a drought

side joke with all these Djent bands that they all going for 1 word mathematical terms. Im pretty sure theres a band called Circles, formations and jokily I've added bands like Triangles, trapezoids etc etc.
laugh.gif

:x
I might look at the schedule and see if I can see Aeon and anyone else good that gets added on later that is worthwhile.
Someone recommended The Ocean, so I might check them out too despite having a name that sounds like a Discovery Channel miniseries :lol:

Last edited:
thinking back at my answer to you Rust i honestly haven't been listening to as much metal as I did before. mostly techno and EDM right now.

Summer slaughter sounds doable for me since Periphery backed out from the tour about halfway thru for some reason missing my chance when they came to SF, always wanted to see AAL so now is my chance i guess.

And I posted that Machine Head is going to Mayhem but their bassist left so..... Their holding auditions! only for a temporary bassist position for the tour all you gotta do is post 3 videos on youtube of you play these 3 songs, Beautiful Mourning, Halo(Adam Duce's favourite song), and This Is The End. full bass covers with backing vocals. also gotta tell them any of touring experience of being on the road.

that last part and vocals probably killed my brothers chance
laugh.gif

That SS line up is :pimp:
It's gonna be awesome to see Periphery again on this tour and AAL, Dillinger Escape Plan is gonna be a first for me, Cattle Decap for a second time.
Never really listened to anybody else on that line-up besides The Ocean and a bit of Aeon, not enough to call myself a fan

so idk if anyone has seen but the newest commercial of Jager (i like the drink) has Kerry King in it, the message is joining the league of real men and king definetly is 

Back
Top Bottom