TEAM PENNY is LIVE!!! - We made it to 100

Nice Penny Collection
smokin.gif

Hey my name is Mel from Maryland.

Penny always been my fav player , i just love the fact that he was a stand up guy never trash talked and had skills to dominate on the cout.

I'm applying for membership 
Here is my stuff i had more but it got stolen. (Always remember material things do fade and just know what's important.)
I cant wait to build my collection back up but for now this is what im working with.
I only have one OG which is the black penny 3's and i hope to pick more stuff up in the future.

I only have 1 og pennys and that the black 3's

ITS ABOUT TIME...I want to see Penny Play again ala Grant Hill, I REALLY DO with ALL MY HEART...BUT...He needs to do SOMETHING SOON because I guarantee if he Retires, Mitchell & Ness will FINALLY make his Throwback Jerseys, and in the other case maybe he can play for a team that needs leadership like the Memphis Grizzlies (HOMETOWN HERO) and worse comes to worst- I can get 3 New Grizzlies Jerseys!!! But seriously Mitchell and Ness are making crap jerseys like Scottie Pippen and Ugly *** Bill Walton Blazers Jerseys...Gimme a Break! 2nd Best Shoe Line Needs Penny Throwbacks to go with them!!!

Originally Posted by penny4president

ITS ABOUT TIME...I want to see Penny Play again ala Grant Hill, I REALLY DO with ALL MY HEART...BUT...He needs to do SOMETHING SOON because I guarantee if he Retires, Mitchell & Ness will FINALLY make his Throwback Jerseys, and in the other case maybe he can play for a team that needs leadership like the Memphis Grizzlies (HOMETOWN HERO) and worse comes to worst- I can get 3 New Grizzlies Jerseys!!! But seriously Mitchell and Ness are making crap jerseys like Scottie Pippen and Ugly *** Bill Walton Blazers Jerseys...Gimme a Break! 2nd Best Shoe Line Needs Penny Throwbacks to go with them!!!
Chill dude.

Penny's done... has been for a couple years now. Black Penny Magic joint by Mitchell & Ness is dropping in June. Retail is $300.

^ And that jersey will NOT be bought by me. I'll just wait it out and get the OG champion authentic for at least half of that.

Also recently got a penny usa jersey but keep forgetting to post. Will try to do that tomorrow.

Originally Posted by abernja

^ And that jersey will NOT be bought by me. I'll just wait it out and get the OG champion authentic for at least half of that.
Word. I just bought a UDA autographed black Penny pro-cut for $200 the other night. The regular retail Champion joints are pretty easy to find in great condition for under $200, but it's virtually impossible to find them in anything bigger than a 48... which is pretty small in those jerseys.

I'm still contemplating the grabbing the Mitchell & Ness when it releases... production run is going to be pretty small, so I don't want to miss it, then regret.

Is the Penny USA you got the authentic version? Now that's a jersey I regret passing on.

the hell with the mitchell and ness, you got that white pro cut i traded you
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

These are my two latest pick ups from April - I finally found my camera to take pictures.

Thanks to Abernja for the heads up on these IVs, they look much better in person.

Then these VVVNDS 1997 Foams from Kiddwill.  The soles aren't as icy as the pics makes them look but they are pretty clear compared to my other pair that are almost green...

Have a safe Memorial Day Team Penny...the pool is open and the grill is fired up.

Just a theory maybe itsbeen said, but the first Garnett nike Sneaker was supposed to be the Penny 5 with a few tweeks obviously. The design team left Penny when he went to PHX so they just made minor changesand that team made all the rest of the Garnetts **Penny+=Foamposites, Garnett= Flightposites) coincidence...I dont think so?!?!? !

The Air Garnett 1 looks nothing like a pair of Air Pennys. It was a sub $100 shoe and looks it.

You may thinking of the Air Garnett 3.

Several months back, i suggested that the way the midsole transitions into the upper, the use of 3M, is remeniscent of the features found in Air Penny 1 thru 4.
Someone also added that the Garnett 3 was designed by Eric Avar. (?)

Now, add in the fact that Garnett rejected the shoe that was to be the Air Garnett 2, because he wanted Tuned Air, and those shoes already made went to outlets as the Air Defense.

So Nike were probably under relatively short time limits when it came to designing a new shoe for him.

Also factor in that Nike designers tend to start shoes well in advance of them being put into production... So when Avar was taken off Pennys, good chance he was already working on the Penny V.

...that would suggest, possibly, that the Garnett 3 did start out as the Penny 5.

However, IIRC, i later found out that the patent for the upper design used in the Air Flight 00... which looks rather like the Garnett 3 was registred in Aaron Coooper's name.

Whilst the Garnett 3 quite possibly did come about from a pre-existing design that wasn't earmarked for Garnett..... i can't be certain the Garnett 3 really has any of the Penny V in it.

Originally Posted by fattymagee14

These are my two latest pick ups from April - I finally found my camera to take pictures.

Thanks to Abernja for the heads up on these IVs, they look much better in person.
imo the more different the color blocking of the IV's are the better....

Props though never seen those before
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom