++++++TEAM VINTAGE HEAT THREAD++++++

WOW what a beautiful and underrated shoe! the movin uptempo low from 96' gets basically no love,never cared much for the highs but the lows are money in almost every cw!

Seen some of these joints(I.e. Movin Uptempos) on deadstockoriginals.com. Can anyone vouch for the validity of their site/sneakers?

Seen some of these joints(I.e. Movin Uptempos) on deadstockoriginals.com. Can anyone vouch for the validity of their site/sneakers?

Site is legit.

Haven't ordered from there in maybe 2 years or so, but I've had orders with no issues in the past. Communication wasn't the best, but the shoes got there and were in perfect condition.

Nike already did an air base II and butchered it, the recent hua retros aren't anything special either.

Yea the recent base II cw's r trash, n i passed on the hua's aswell.....if they released the pairs u have, i'd cop every single one

Repped

Last edited:
out of the 7 or 8 og cws that came out in 93 i think this one is the best! i think the retros look wack to me,but maybe in person ill change my mind.

Visited a spot with my boys 2 hrs away from our hometown in MA last May, have not been back since

Back story: this Korean lady bought out out-of-business sneaker boutiques from back in the days and now she is sitting on ton of vintage stuff ( 3 separate warehouses). Problem is she is convinced that she can get top dollars for alot of this stuff but as we all know, only a select few people would spend money on some of these kicks due to pure nostalgic reason. So bargaining is definitely out of the question with this lady.

However, it is still awesome to be digging through her stash and found so many forgotten kicks ( the REAL specialty here, is BABY HEAT)

Rung up some baby Js

Lemme at those 120s!!!

And, of course the Forces.

How delusional is she in terms of the value of these items?

Feel free to hit me on the PM with more details.

this threads amazing. Let me see more pics of the white&sky blue flightposite I please.

Anybody here remember the air bowl trainers? They dropped some time in the early to mid 90's. I think deion sanders wore them when he was on the cowboys. One color way was white, blue and black.

i got no more vintage kicks,im all tapped out! hopefully this thread continues alot of cool kicks on here!

1994 sc bruin,i love how the swoosh is slimmer for a more clean look unlike the ogs.

! hopefully this thread continues alot of cool kicks on here!

Sadly, it seems as if the demographic for vintage is shrinking. A lot of the older heads who appreciate the nuances of materials and shape and really value the history behind sneakers have gotten out of the scene. Most of the younger folks don't even seem to care - in fact, a lot of the younger folks actively prefer the newer retros to the earlier versions or OGs. It's really a shame, IMO. When this thread was going strong it was one of my favorite places.

I could keep this thread going for a long time if I started posting AF1s, but I hope others contribute and get it poppin' again.

Hint - to those of you who care about "exclusive" kicks, the rarity of tons of "average" type shoes throughout this thread are far beyond hat modern day Lebron PEs, Paranormans, etc. This is the stuff you need more than just a credit card to acquire.

Sadly, it seems as if the demographic for vintage is shrinking. A lot of the older heads who appreciate the nuances of materials and shape and really value the history behind sneakers have gotten out of the scene. Most of the younger folks don't even seem to care - in fact, a lot of the younger folks actively prefer the newer retros to the earlier versions or OGs. It's really a shame, IMO. When this thread was going strong it was one of my favorite places.

I could keep this thread going for a long time if I started posting AF1s, but I hope others contribute and get it poppin' again.

Hint - to those of you who care about "exclusive" kicks, the rarity of tons of "average" type shoes throughout this thread are far beyond hat modern day Lebron PEs, Paranormans, etc. This is the stuff you need more than just a credit card to acquire.
Yes i agree with you and disagree at the same time.i do love vintage kicks and the materials that were used,comfort and og boxes are beautiful part of this culture.but when you factor in the time that goes into hunting certain kicks down and the high prices of vintage not everyone can do it.and then after all that work the kicks might crumble on you.i do think this culture is messed up cuz of the kids who just want to buy shoes to say they have them and take pics of them.......but ill always love vintage but have no have problem with retros! kinda on the fence on the matter i guess you can say...

Oh, don't get me wrong. I have tons of retros too. I have no problems with retros, at least in theory. When it comes to execution, however, 9 out 10 of today's sought-after retros would have been deemed un-buyable by the community ten years ago. JB was killing it, at least through the face box Retro era. Nike Retro was on point too at least through the early 2000s. I'll cop a retro every now and then even now, but overall it just isn't up to par, and those who profess to be educated sneaker consumers and guardians of this culture shouldn't stand for it. I wish retros did a good job of replicating the originals; if they did, I'd be a very happy camper instead of a curmudgeon.

Last edited:
Oh, don't get me wrong. I have tons of retros too. I have no problems with retros, at least in theory. When it comes to execution, however, 9 out 10 of today's sought-after retros would have been deemed un-buyable by the community ten years ago. JB was killing it, at least through the face box Retro era. Nike Retro was on point too at least through the early 2000s. I'll cop a retro every now and then even now, but overall it just isn't up to par, and those who profess to be educated sneaker consumers and guardians of this culture shouldn't stand for it. I wish retros did a good job of replicating the originals; if they did, I'd be a very happy camper instead of a curmudgeon.

Bingo.

on the same page as you BIP; i think the newest shoe i own is the 2010 infrared am, and even with those i wouldve rather had the 05 pair. Cant stand any of the new retros, just so cheaply made. I am just as into the history of the shoes as I am as the looks.

On another note my 96' penny ii bubbles bursted the other day |I

I agree Derek, I have bought some of the newer stuff over the years too, but have recently started to get rid of most of the re retros and stuff alike. Nothing is ever the same as the original.

Picked up another pair of these

And I'd love to get in that place posted above ^ I want those baby Icarus lol!!

Last edited:
^ Nice. I for one appreciate vintage sneakers and earlier retros. The quality and craftsmanship doesn't compare to what we see being released today. The tough truth is that most vintage sneakers are no longer wearable making them less desirable. If they are wearable, the seller wants an arm and a leg for them.

Back
Top Bottom