++++++TEAM VINTAGE HEAT THREAD++++++

those look like they were made yesterday! very nice

completed this set finally
Got yourself featured on SC for these babies here.  Good stuff!

Some forgotten about runners with a bananas Swoosh.  Air Grudges from 95.

@Lemon - Amazing stuff, as always.

@Primo456 - nice, bro! You have a pic of patent leather Pony highs? Slap those babies up here.

@Lemon - Amazing stuff, as always.

@Primo456 - nice, bro! You have a pic of patent leather Pony highs? Slap those babies up here.
Hey Bip.  Only because you asked nicely
wink.gif

Thanks, Primo.

Those things are crazy. Especially the blue pair, IMO.
Anytime. 

Yeah I love the blue pair too.  Can't believe how clean they are after all this time.  Crazy!  Unfortunately every time I find something wild like this it's always too small for me. 
frown.gif

Good to see this thread still going strong. I cant figure out how to post a thread but I will be selling most of my stuff. Havent been on here since the YUKU move.

My stack, minus about 30 pair I have picked up since then.

My sneakers boxed up in storage. I think I will post some pics here before I start my IG to sell.

Just want to vent for a second --

So, I recently sold a pair of Air Max 96 black,white,concord on eBay.

The bubbles were soft and the shoe was intact, but not recommended for wear. I state this in the auction.

After the buyer pays, he complains and says that the shoes cracked on him and that the soles basically detached. He sent me pics of the shoe with the sole falling off.

Now, I don't know if that happened when he was handling them or if he actually tried to wear them. He said he was just handling them. Okay, I'll take his word for that. But, the point is vintage shoes are fragile. I've damaged stuff while using what I thought was appropriate caution. Anyway, I handled the shoe many times, including packing and shipping it, and the shoe was fine. Fragile, but fine.

I have some back and forth with dude on ebay. He wants a full refund - I say, what am I going to do with a broken shoe? It was in tact in my possession; it broke in yours.

He wants to open a case. Okay, sometimes you can't resolve an issue. I have no problem with that.

Today I get a notification that they found in his favor. I send pics of the shoe in solid condition - there were 11 pics in the auction, mind you - and dude sends a pic holding the broken shoe. This is essentially a confession that they broke in your hands, not mine.

BiP, that is lame. Especially because it was spelled out to the guy in the auction. Paypal/eBay are dumb that way, all the protection is for the buyer and there is nothing for the sellers.

What was their rebutle when you said they were described as vintage and shouldn't be worn?! Stuff like that bugs the hell out of me.

And thanks the 90's are mint!

The bubbles were soft and the shoe was intact, but not recommended for wear. I state this in the auction.

After the buyer pays, he complains and says that the shoes cracked on him and that the soles basically detached. He sent me pics of the shoe with the sole falling off.

Now, I don't know if that happened when he was handling them or if he actually tried to wear them. He said he was just handling them. Okay, I'll take his word for that. But, the point is vintage shoes are fragile. I've damaged stuff while using what I thought was appropriate caution. Anyway, I handled the shoe many times, including packing and shipping it, and the shoe was fine. Fragile, but fine.

I have some back and forth with dude on ebay. He wants a full refund - I say, what am I going to do with a broken shoe? It was in tact in my possession; it broke in yours.

He wants to open a case. Okay, sometimes you can't resolve an issue. I have no problem with that.

Today I get a notification that they found in his favor. I send pics of the shoe in solid condition - there were 11 pics in the auction, mind you - and dude sends a pic holding the broken shoe. This is essentially a confession that they broke in your hands, not mine.
 venting? allow me to join the party....

so like a week ago my grails popped up on ebay.(nike tw lite 2)

the seller lived 20 min from me and i ask him to meet. he said "sure how much you giving me?"

i said "200$ cash or 5 or 6 pairs to trade"(needles to say i really wanted them)

he said "nah straight cash,400$ plus you pay for my gas"

i said "200$ cash plus gas money"

we made the deal but he refused to take down the listing and would not contact me any further...

i had something to do when the bidding ended.....but they ended up selling you 58$.

once again my grails slip thru the cracks because the seller was being greedy and indecisive.

Last edited:

Apologies for the SUPER LONG RANT.

I nearly shot my ice cold beer out my nose when I read this.  I felt as if I wrote it.  I just sold a pair of Air Pummel Forces from 1996 to a guy on ebay like 4 days ago.  He haggled me about the price so I dropped them down to $140 so I could walk with $100 after fees and shipping as I'm in Jersey and he is all the way in Cali.  I also warned him that you have to be careful with vintage kicks because as crispy as some may look you just don't know what will happen to you strap them on. He said "Oh I know how it goes with vintage stuff."  I had this in the listing as well.  "These kicks feel solid and may be fine for casual wear but due to their age I will not guarantee this.  They are being sold AS IS."  So he got them today and messaged me and said "Dam brother I just received the kicks but as soon as I wore them. The mid sole shattered."  I sent him a message back and I was polite and said sorry to hear that and you just never know with vintage kicks and that I did explain that to him before I sold them.  I haven't heard back from him since but I imagine a case will be opened against me shortly and I will be screwed because of yet another idiot on ebay.

So if  you thought that story was impressive then wait until you hear this one....

I sold a pair of OG Jordan 15s to a guy on ebay a few weeks ago.  We exchanged a couple messages and made small talk after I shipped them out.  I always check the tracking myself a few days after shipping just to see where the shoes are.  So like 4 days later I checked it and it said that "No authorized recipient was available."  They needed to be signed for and either no one was home or whoever was didn't want too.  Whatever it happens a lot.  About a week goes by and I check it again and it still has the same status.  So just as a friendly courtesy I send the guy a message saying the shoes are at the post office waiting to be picked up.  He messages me back and says he has been busy but will get them soon.  Another week goes by and the tracking info is still the same.  So I send another message as a reminder and tell him that the post office only holds items for so long before they send them back to the original shipper.  He says he will go to get them the following day.  The next day I notice that my feedback score has increased by one and it's by him.  Its positive feedback so I think cool.  Then I get a message from him saying this "Hey Man. Nice kicks.  I received them today.  Do you have any 18s you are willing to part with?"  I message him and say only 1 pair and they are size 13.  So I'm just about to leave feedback but I decide to check the tracking 1 more time.  It still says "No Authorized recipient available."  So I decide I'll wait for it to update before leaving feedback.  Good thing I did because a couple days after comes SCAM TIME! Yay!!!  He sends me this message.  Are you ready???  Are you really ready?  Are you sure?  Buckle up we are coming in for a crash scamming landing!!!  "Hey Yzer, dr drew here. I fractured my skull and suffered brain hemorrhaging as well. I've been in the hospital for a while and was unable to pick the shoes up from the post office. They are on their way back to you. Can you resend them ground and not require a signature confirmation???"  OH MY GOD and I thought I heard it all. So just in the absolute pretty much impossible case that this happened I am nice in my response and say "Sorry to hear that but it's eBay/PayPal rules that they have to be signed for."  I also ask why he said he got them and left feedback.  He responds back asking what we can do because he really wants the shoes and completely ignores my question about saying he got them and leaving feedback.  He sends other messages asking other ways to get the shoes and a refund.  I am still being nice but still asking him the same question in each response.  Finally in my last response I say that I will just refund him once the shoes come in.  I called eBay and reported him.  The lady at customer service was amused by his brain hemorrhaging story as well.  She said that it was up to me if I wanted to send the shoes back or just refund him.  I will refund him and promptly add him to the blocked list and anyone who sells on ebay should too.  His name is doctordrew24.  Add him quickly. Well I hope you enjoyed that story as much as I enjoyed living it and telling it!

It really makes me sick how ebay just sides with these absolute non reading lying morons over and over despite your excellent reputation.  All about the buyers.  What a crock of ISH!!!!!

Ok I'm done and just to contribute to the thread here are some Challenge LWPs.  I recently found another pair in my size of them and let me tell you that they are sooo comfortable.  Like getting a foot massage as you walk!

What's up, guys.

Glad to hear I'm not alone here.

Ebay is really such a joke - feedback scores don't mean anything. They side with the buyer every time. And, there are virtually no consequences to being a jerk/deadbeat. Largely just another haven for culture vultures and posers. ...Most of these dudes give you the "yeah, I know about vintage shoes" just to front, or because they consider some 2008 Jordans to be "vintage."

The flip side is that because vintage is a pretty small market, it can be hard to sell privately, so if you want to move something, the wide exposure of the bay is a great asset.

I was thinking about moving a bunch of vintage stuff that is really for collection purposes at this point, but if this is what it's going to be like, I'd rather keep them buried in storage or turn them into some crazy abstract art piece... anything but that.

BTW, I got basically no reply from ebay. He sent his case. I sent my response. And, they had the record of our correspondence. I just get got a notification x number of days after the case was submitted.

Back
Top Bottom