++++++TEAM VINTAGE HEAT THREAD++++++

What's up, guys.

Glad to hear I'm not alone here.

Ebay is really such a joke - feedback scores don't mean anything. They side with the buyer every time. And, there are virtually no consequences to being a jerk/deadbeat. Largely just another haven for culture vultures and posers. ...Most of these dudes give you the "yeah, I know about vintage shoes" just to front, or because they consider some 2008 Jordans to be "vintage."

BTW, I got basically no reply from ebay. He sent his case. I sent my response. And, they had the record of our correspondence. I just get got a notification x number of days after the case was submitted.
 You are 100% right.  Your track record and feedback means less then nothing on ebay.  Essentially any moron with an internet connection is welcomed to basically steal from whoever they like on there.

One thing that I always tell anyone who has a case opened against them is to call ebay right away and raise hell.  It hasn't worked for me every time but it has worked most times.  Don't curse them out but make sure you put all the facts out front and pretty much let them know you are not having it with the BS.

Awesome thread...great stuff guys...I will join in when I get back home from work...

What's up, guys.

Glad to hear I'm not alone here.

Ebay is really such a joke - feedback scores don't mean anything. They side with the buyer every time. And, there are virtually no consequences to being a jerk/deadbeat. Largely just another haven for culture vultures and posers. ...Most of these dudes give you the "yeah, I know about vintage shoes" just to front, or because they consider some 2008 Jordans to be "vintage."

The flip side is that because vintage is a pretty small market, it can be hard to sell privately, so if you want to move something, the wide exposure of the bay is a great asset.

I was thinking about moving a bunch of vintage stuff that is really for collection purposes at this point, but if this is what it's going to be like, I'd rather keep them buried in storage or turn them into some crazy abstract art piece... anything but that.

BTW, I got basically no reply from ebay. He sent his case. I sent my response. And, they had the record of our correspondence. I just get got a notification x number of days after the case was submitted.

As a seller on eBay I feel you bro...It sucks how eBay ALWAYS favors the buyer...no matter what info is presented, the seller always seems to get screwed...

Here's my story:

I've been a seller on eBay since 2001...always had 100% perfect feedback...

Well, about 6 months ago I was selling a pair of shoes and I clearly state in the items description: "Please Do Not Bid if you have less than 5 positive feedback ratings"...

A few hours before the auction ended, this buyer messaged me and asked if he could bid (had 0 feedback rating) and if he won the auction, could I wait until he gets the money next week...I replied to him and nicely said no thank you and that I could not wait that long for payment....He doesn't reply back...

:smh: This dude bids anyways and wins the auction (I know, I should have blocked him from bidding the second after I read that message from him)...

I message him after and tell him to not pay for the item because I refuse to sell it to him. Of course he gets pissed off and blah blah blah...

Long story short, he ends up leaving me my 1 and only negative feedback and of course, I can't leave him negative feedback because eBay doesn't let you leave negative feedback to buyers. I mean REALLY? How is this possible? How does this make sense?

SO only thing I could do was email eBay and tell them the story in detail and hope they can reverse the negative feedback...

I wrote them in every detail what happened, never even heard a response and have had this negative feedback on my record ever since...SMFH...

I ******* HATE eBay...

/vent

I just so happened to look up that buyer and his account has been suspended or not registered anymore and now he has 4 feedback ratings from other sellers saying SELLER BEWARE/DOES NOT PAY...:lol:

//vent

Last edited:

I feel your pain.

And, even when you ultimately win - which is rare - it's a headache and a major time suck. One of the reasons I want to sell on (a well-functioning) eBay, is that I want to set it and forget it. I've sold on many different platforms, and the endless inquiries from deadbeats and broken commitments are just something I don't have time for. So, when eBay functions correctly, it's a great thing. And, I'm happy to trade a bit of money for time and headache saved. But, when crap like that happens, it's an investment of time usually to get an unfair and uninformed verdict. So, it's like adding insult to injury.

^Haven't seen those.......but they reminded me of the Air Money. Only reason I remember those is because Ray Allen wore em when he was with the Bucks.

^ I think the sole is shared with the Air Much Uptempo. It's just the lace flap on both that sparked a memory. A shame I didn't bother picking them up back in the day. Even the second tier sneakers had good leather back then. Guess I just assumed shoe companies would always put out quality. But 20+ years ago buying a retro was unheard of. New tech and keeping up with the new ish was the big deal. Funny now, how retros rule the market.......and the age of a sneaker has no boundaries (except some decent new colors and some that should have never seen full production).

Yeah they are nearly identical minus the swoosh on the Uptempos.

I think a lot of us thought the same thing and we would continue to get kicks that were made with high quality leather but that turned out not to be the case.  As much as technology in kicks has supposedly advanced they haven't been able to create many new models that trump the OGs as far as an overall appeal standpoint.  Kinda crazy really.

the shop got burned into the ground and their vintage kickz what they got on display got destroyed in the fire :frown:
dont know if the fire was intentionally set on or caused by something else

Yikes. That's a shame. I took my tour of the French sneaker spots when I was there, and that was definitely one of, if not the, best one.

Yikes. That's a shame. I took my tour of the French sneaker spots when I was there, and that was definitely one of, if not the, best one.
OPIUM PARIS was deff the best and #1 shop when it comes to sick OG shoes that were on display

and 2nd would be Woei store in rotterdam, both shops got some insane heat on display that was not for sale

i remembered when i was there in 2005 and saw the OG wmns big window AM1 for the first time in my life

that was a undescribable feeling when i picked up that shoe and got it in my hands, i will never forget that feeling anymore

couple of years later they stashed all the kickz in display closets and you were not able to touch them anymore

MAY YOU REST IN ETERNAL PEACE MY LOVE
frown.gif

R.I.P. OG A I R M A X 1

1986-2014

frown.gif

frown.gif

Last edited:

Yeah they are nearly identical minus the swoosh on the Uptempos.

I think a lot of us thought the same thing and we would continue to get kicks that were made with high quality leather but that turned out not to be the case.  As much as technology in kicks has supposedly advanced they haven't been able to create many new models that trump the OGs as far as an overall appeal standpoint.  Kinda crazy really.
One of my all favorite nike models. Had these as a young lad. If only I can find these in great,  wearable condition which would be damn near impossible. 

One of my all favorite nike models. Had these as a young lad. If only I can find these in great,  wearable condition which would be damn near impossible. 
Yeah they are dope.  Kinda surprised Nike hasn't brought them back.  I only had this 1 pair in the pic and I sold them last year. 

Yeah they are dope.  Kinda surprised Nike hasn't brought them back.  I only had this 1 pair in the pic and I sold them last year. 
That's sick ! Those are too clean. I need some og color ways to drop asap.  Nothing beats those classic joints. 

Back
Top Bottom