Tekashi 69 lookin at RICO

Ninja is speaking from such a limited scope of NYC, he probably will say that Biggie was the bigger artist than Pac which would be true in NY but not in the rest of the world

My girl's student already moved on with that stupid -*** "Mo Bamba" song or whatever the **** it's called.It's all about shock-value when it comes to these kids, whatever grabs their attention for the moment.

My girl's student already moved on with that stupid -*** "Mo Bamba" song or whatever the **** it's called.It's all about shock-value when it comes to these kids, whatever grabs their attention for the moment.

You know that has NOTHING to do with what we're talking about, right?

AND that song came out last year.

Ninja is speaking from such a limited scope of NYC, he probably will say that Biggie was the bigger artist than Pac which would be true in NY but not in the rest of the world

That's a lot of artists. ****** wasn't messing with dipset on the west like that until Certified Gangstas came out and we first saw Game

West Coast cats missed the Dipset wave.

It’s like you dudes never even got to enjoy life over there.

its foolishness. any state ive ever made residence i simply ship in the finest of ganjas haha and have been for 20 years *shrugs*

We didnt and don't really care. :lol:
I do agree, Cali dudes never really rocked with dipset. The cali bros I knew out here banged three six, ugk and down south **** besides typical west coast music.

Where does this misconception that there’s no good weed in tri-state come from? There’s people from everywhere bringing weed from everywhere out here, just know somebody.

The stuff be coming from the jungles of South America, it gets moved all throughout the world, but the tri state area is where the line is drawn...

Our **** be fire.
Type of haze to get you high as hell but you can still function at the club.

The stuff be coming from the jungles of South America, it gets moved all throughout the world, but the tri state area is where the line is drawn...

Our **** be fire.
Type of haze to get you high as hell but you can still function at the club.

We only on that OG out here.
Hazes/diesels are for your lady that don’t smoke like that

You know that has NOTHING to do with what we're talking about, right?

AND that song came out last year.
1. The topic is about 69's relevancy and what I'm saying is young people already moved on from him in my experience.

2. Mo Bamba is Hot now and no one over here knew about it until this year.

3. 69's music is shock-value, it'll stay relevant until someone else releases some off the wall ****.

Dipset was a East Coast, South East, and South thing. It’s weird, because The Game was rocking heavy with Jim Jones when they where freshly new solo artists themselves. But for some reason the WestCoast just wasn’t big on them like the other regions I brought up.

In this era of hip hop/rap music. Social Media/phone is basically the new music store for the costumer. So if your a new artist, you practically have to be a real live actor on your social media accounts, while pulling stunts and trolling to the maximum to get these young kids attention. These kids consume music way differently than we use to do. Like I’ve said before, their buying into the image/persona first, music last.

What’s crazy is, they’ll buy into the music by default, even if it’s trash, just because they’ve bought into the persons trolling/acting online first. Sad part about it, the more ignorant a new artist acts out just to get attention, the kids love it. I’ve seen how these kids react to what they like and don’t like.

The crazier the person acts, the more they become a fan. The music is not even a thought at first. 69 was smart from a business perspective, he seen a way to exploit this social media era by trolling to gain the young crowd who are glued to their phones. I won’t front though, 69 music was a good match to the character he built up. It’s funny watching him perform, because his music is rap, but he moves around the stage and performs like Mike Patton, Corey Glover, or A.Rose.

He runs around and moves like a Rock singer, which is weird and funny. Turn that video on mute and watch it again. With his style with the right marketing by his side, he could’ve milked his run even longer with albums in the limp bizkit lane (hair and voice goes with the genre), and the reggaetone lane. He could’ve been successful in 3 different genres of music.

I garauntee there’s going to be someone to take the social media shock trolling position of 69, because they seen that formula work with him. I think the difference with the next person to take that route compared to 69, is that their not going to last as long as 69 did. Because they’re not going to have the street back up as strong as 69 did.

They already have, look how easy cats ready to throw out a "suck my ****" now on social media. Tory Lanez almost got lumped tryna play that game.

its foolishness. any state ive ever made residence i simply ship in the finest of ganjas haha and have been for 20 years *shrugs*
True, it’s in every state but the west coast (CA, Ore, WA) got better prices and access.
Plus when you chief outside, nobody really trippin. Even in middle class spots

I don’t mean to derail the thread, but I wish Royce would’ve jumped at the opportunity to battle Tory, I think Tory would’ve got him. I know people have their opinions, but he washed Lucas with ease, and it was funny to watch. He had Lucas backtracking, and deleting verses. It’s like Royce be putting on the white cape to save his homies from these certified L,s. Machine Gun Kelly washed Em with ease with only one song. When Em released that dud, I knew his friends and fans was going to say he won. The real fans of the art form knows that Em and Lucas got washed, all the lyricist can’t come out and say it in public though. They’d be going against their leader. Lol.

To fluid hips, I said that in music thread around a month ago. Somebody got heated and started talking crazy to me, like I struck a nerve. They said hip hop has always been like that, which wasn’t correct. Today, it’s like a little factory/lab that these labels have to build up these characters. In some form or fashion, they all look similar with the same rapper pattern. Its not even funny anymore when you see the colored dreads/face tatts/migos copy cat flow/same beat. Thank god some of the OG,s haven’t retired or switched up on us.

It’s almost as if originality isn’t the cool thing to do, and being a biter is the popular thing to do. I’ve actually seen young cats say that they have to look and sound like everyone else in the game in order to make it. That mentality which is caused by these labels, with the microwave business formula, is was killed the different variations of styles from a rap and style perspective. There will never be a time like the 90,s era. Go ahead and compare it to now as far as the different sounding artists we had.

We had Nas,Big (bad boy roster),ll cool j, PAC,busta,Wu,Ugk,dungeon family, e-40 and the click, No limit, Bone Thugs, Cube, Dre (death row roster), dog pound, eazy, rap a lot, and I could keep going on. Don’t get me wrong, we do have Cole, Kendrick, Gates, Youngboy, Kodak, Dolph, Moneyybag, Dave East, Nipsey, that are different from each other. But it’s a difference in the variety we had back then to now. I’m surprised at how much these labels still invest in these new artists who are all following the cookie cutter colorful dreads formula. It’s like give it a break already, lol.

Back
Top Bottom