- TEKKEN 6 Thread - Drops 10/27/09 !

My copy comin in on Thurs.
pimp.gif

If I get back into my Tekken 4 form(I never really messed with 5 outside of the PSP version) ...it's a wrap.
pimp.gif

you guys are so lucky
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
, im bout to cop and just go over my friends house and play it, cuz i aint got a ps3 yet.

yes im that addicted to tekken6
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Dudes, seriously I've got tekken for ps3, u can even check me on the rankings, but this game NEEDS SERIOUS UPDATES. I got 10 losses due to the servercrashing on me (i got a N router so i never cut off) .

the online server is HORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIBLE. you r GOING to get LOSSES for games you NEVER played. Lag is crazy in the game, but overallthe game is great, but this game online has problems SERIOUSSSSSSSLY.

i got HEATED i wont even lie, the online will really piss u off ( not the players, ONLINE SERVER) so horrible.

Yea. That's why I quit using Kazuya online. Input lag
f2125fb5ce24d1cb29e7430e6ae5e2c287fd151.gif
everything up.

This game does need patching and not just for online. They also need to fix up the practice mode. Like you can't scroll throughthe command list like could in DR. That's the only problems I have with this game.

They really need to fix the online. Already expect the online tournament to be horrible.

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Anyone have the fight stick? is it worth the 100 dollars more

i heard the wireless one that comes with the game is pretty bad. you can mod it though or just get a TE stick. anyone else running with bob?

i gues for those whjo preordered, it comes with BOTH a ps3 and 360 DLC code....anybody got a spare 360 one????? pm please

right now i'm maining asuka, so if you want it.....holler lol

Originally Posted by daaznfella

i gues for those whjo preordered, it comes with BOTH a ps3 and 360 DLC code....anybody got a spare 360 one????? pm please
i need one too
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by The Minister

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

cRazy dav0 wrote:

GAME IS PURE CRACK ... sf 4 is over with

word.

Tekken embodies everything that is good about fighting games. No gimmicks, no projectiles, etc.

SF4 = button masher.
indifferent.gif

Actually, he's right. But not in the way I'm sure he meant it, to insult it. SF4 IS a button masher, but you need to mash the buttons with such greattiming. Try those combo challenges. You can mash all you want but unless you hit the buttons at just the right moment, you're not pulling it off.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by The Minister

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

cRazy dav0 wrote:

GAME IS PURE CRACK ... sf 4 is over with

word.

Tekken embodies everything that is good about fighting games. No gimmicks, no projectiles, etc.

SF4 = button masher.
indifferent.gif

Actually, he's right. But not in the way I'm sure he meant it, to insult it. SF4 IS a button masher, but you need to mash the buttons with such great timing. Try those combo challenges. You can mash all you want but unless you hit the buttons at just the right moment, you're not pulling it off.
Button Masher = when practically ALL moves chain into one another with little to no execution barriers making timing almost a non-issue. Not many(respectable) 2D fighters fall into the button masher category seeing as how timing and button sequences are crucial to performing coherent combos. SmashBros. is the perfect example of a button masher. (This is coming from a Smash Bros. fan..)

The thing about a lot of 3D fighters is that there are always those "beginner-friendly" characters that require nothing but button mashing to bequite troublesome.

But back to Tekken 6. First Tekken I've owned since 3 and the first 3D fighter I have for the 360 and this game is going to take some serious adjustments. I'm not used to the physics or fighting system at all.. I'm hoping to main King but 192 moves is kind making me reconsider. Especially consideringhow the rolls have to be so damn precise to pull of some of his throws.. I'll be online in a week or two. Not making the same mistake I did with Blazblueand got straight to online and get my *++ kicked
tired.gif

Originally Posted by DMasta718

everything up.

This game does need patching and not just for online. They also need to fix up the practice mode. Like you can't scroll through the command list like could in DR. That's the only problems I have with this game.

They really need to fix the online. Already expect the online tournament to be horrible.

seriously this is terrible ... i have to look at the command list hold the button do the move ... pull back command list up and hold the button to get back tothe game play .... repeat ...
mad.gif

i lagged online ... but kazuya is my favorite OF ALL TIME ...
laugh.gif

im using kazuya, heiachi, baek, hwoarang for now ... i can't do neutrals w/ the stick ... i thought the street fighter curve was bad using the stick ...i'm going to have to use king or nina to get use out of it

the graphics are
eek.gif
the levels are
eek.gif
that alone makes me not want to play sf4 ...

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

Originally Posted by DMasta718

everything up.

This game does need patching and not just for online. They also need to fix up the practice mode. Like you can't scroll through the command list like could in DR. That's the only problems I have with this game.

seriously this is terrible ... i have to look at the command list hold the button do the move ... pull back command list up and hold the button to get back to the game play .... repeat ...
mad.gif

i lagged online ... but kazuya is my favorite OF ALL TIME ...
laugh.gif

im using kazuya, heiachi, baek, hwoarang for now ... i can't do neutrals w/ the stick ... i thought the street fighter curve was bad using the stick ... i'm going to have to use king or nina to get use out of it

the graphics are
eek.gif
the levels are
eek.gif
that alone makes me not want to play sf4 ...
yeah that one level when your in a tunnel full of cars and everything's on fire is my favorite @%@* looks crazy.

Glad everyone is enjoying the game. It's just a damn shame the net code sucks.

For those new to the game. Grind it out in practice mode and learn the basics... Moves, movements like crouch dash,backdash, sidewalk and sidestep. Know yourlaunchers and what combos you can get. Frames are very important too.

Best place for resource is www.tekkenzaibatsu.com and of course... sdtekken.com

among the new characters, im interested in lars
smokin.gif

ima practice him 1 day,first i need my old tekken skills back
frown.gif

leave it to me to realize about halfway through that scenerio mode that you can SWITCH out Lars and use somebody else....imagining all the items i coulda gotfor asuka.....

....sigh....

i just ran around giving the enemies RK's lol

i will say this though, SO FAR the online mode DOES suck, but it is damn better then soul calibur 4's network coding....

game runs pretty smoove when you play with your friends it seems....., no differentiation through the game play at all

Guys, the reviews have been lackluster....but I'm a Tekken fan. Should I ignore the reviews and cop?

Clearly I trust NT more than I trust X-Play, etc...

That last boss in arcade mode is so god damn cheap.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

I breezed through all the reg characters but he made me almost break my controller.
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom