Tell me, how can you NOT think Tupac is the G.O.A.T?

diligo

Banned
I just don't understand anyone's logic. Dude had the most emotion and wise lyrics i've ever and will hear.
smh.gif
at some of you dudes who say Jay-Z isthe GOAT...

Jay's lyrics are just too ridiculously clever for me to ignore. Add in his flow and in terms of skill, IMO, Jay is the GOAT easily.

tupac and jay arent the greatest...

tupac in most cases had a lack luster rhyme scheme... he sucked at word play and couldn't say a decent punchline to save his life...

The members of the first united church of Pac have been very active lately. Is it missionary season????????

Originally Posted by 650

Jay's lyrics are just too ridiculously clever for me to ignore. Add in his flow and in terms of skill, IMO, Jay is the GOAT easily.

you must not listen to alot of rap...

All the bigs are better then hov...

big pun, big l, and notorious...

Big l rhymed circles around hov numerous times...

7 min freestlye hov was in way over his head...

Of the MCs mentioned in the G.O.A.T. category.....Pacs lyrics ARE BY FAR THE WORST.

He had as much HORRIBLE tracks as bangers.

Don Killumanti was a certified heatrock, front to back...but other than that Pacs albums were never 5 mic worthy.

His influence and impact is far reaching, but his death gave his legacy a crazy boost

Pac's social commentary/image >>>>>>> his music.

because Jay-Z is and he's still doing it.

lets be flat out honest, how many times are we going to have the GOAT conversation? Pac and B.I.G. are dead (no form of disrespect or anything) and they can only be the best for another smallamount of time before hova drops another classic LP. it seriously gets to a point where u gotta see who's done, and whos doing it and doing it right. Pacand B.I.G. were the best, and still are. but for the most part, im not giving them the GOAT title when theres somebody who has that spot and protects it well.

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

because Jay-Z is and he's still doing it.

lets be flat out honest, how many times are we going to have the GOAT conversation? Pac and B.I.G. are dead (no form of disrespect or anything) and they can only be the best for another small amount of time before hova drops another classic LP. it seriously gets to a point where u gotta see who's done, and whos doing it and doing it right. Pac and B.I.G. were the best, and still are. but for the most part, im not giving them the GOAT title when theres somebody who has that spot and protects it well.

like kingdom come, huh?
laugh.gif
i think nas will drop a good album before jay.

reasonable-doubt.jpg

MusicCatalog%5CJ%5CJay-Z%20-%20The%20Blueprint%5CJay-Z%20-%20The%20Blueprint.jpg

jayz_black_album.jpg

........musically destory/eclipse/demolish/(pick a verb) anything Pac could ever dream of putting out.

4303.jpg

Pick any 1 song on this album.....and you'll probably find more gems than in Pacs entire discography.

NAS+-+(2001)+Stillmatic.jpg

Stillmatic is the album Pac would have made if he had Nas's level of lyrical skill....but he was never anywhere close. There is alot of Pac influence onthis album though.

If we are talking about strictly Hip-Hop music and not image, legend, legacy, etc...Pac never even put out an album on the level of....

300px-Get_Rich_or_Die_Tryin'.jpg

With all of that being said...he's in my top 10.

Pac WILL ALWAYS be the GOAT IMO. No rapper (other than X) comes close to showing the emotion he did on tracks. And his lyrics were DEEP and thats what matteredto me. Pac's goal was to get his message across and he did it the way he wanted to, not using many catchy lines and all. That was his style and if you likethat than he's probably the GOAT in your opinion. If you only like catchy lines than Pac wasn't your dude probably. It all depends on your taste, thisGOAT argument will NEVER end.
Edit* LOL at dudes posting pics of 50 and talking about Lupe.
roll.gif

He was never on that level? Have you heard Me Against the World? 7 Day Theory? Get the %%#$ out of here with that @+%!.
roll.gif

man Pac and Biggie had huge impact on hip hop more than jay or nas...so its really between those two.

but on the low..rakim is in a close tie but he was so ahead of his time he goes unnoticed

No one person is the greatest imo. People like Pac, Biggie, Rakim, KRS-One, etc each brought something different to the table. They helped revolutionize thewhole movement. Saying one is better than the other is just weird. Btw, there's a reason why so many people consider Tupac as the greatestever......'cause he paints pictures with his lyrics. I've read lyrics by him that one of my English teacher brought to class that I like a lot morethan the poems we read out of text books.

Originally Posted by PeterJamesThe3rd

Originally Posted by 650

you must not listen to alot of rap...

All the bigs are better then hov...

big pun, big l, and notorious...

Big l rhymed circles around hov numerous times...

7 min freestlye hov was in way over his head...

I somewhat agree with L.. but I enjoy listening to J more.

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

Pac WILL ALWAYS be the GOAT IMO. No rapper (other than X) comes close to showing the emotion he did on tracks. And his lyrics were DEEP and thats what mattered to me. Pac's goal was to get his message across and he did it the way he wanted to, not using many catchy lines and all. That was his style and if you like that than he's probably the GOAT in your opinion. If you only like catchy lines than Pac wasn't your dude probably. It all depends on your taste, this GOAT argument will NEVER end.
Edit* LOL at dudes posting pics of 50 and talking about Lupe.
roll.gif

He was never on that level? Have you heard Me Against the World? 7 Day Theory? Get the %%#$ out of here with that @+%!.
roll.gif

I said that he never put out an album of that caliber...

GRODT>>>>MATW
Young !*%#!*.
Heavy in The Game
Lord Knows
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

To keep it funky this _ made some trash @!@ music that gets overlooked.

Makaveli was tougher than nails...but put it against the "classics" from BIG, Nas, Hov, Kast, and its hard to give it the nod musically over theiralbums. Alot of y'all cats are just blinded by his image.

man Pac and Biggie had huge impact on hip hop more than jay or nas...so its really between those two.
i disagree

Jay-Z's influence on hip hop, the hip hop industry and the culture is currently greater than Pac's and sure as hell Big's influence

Pac put out a lot of bad music too... why does everyone think that emotion equates talent and skill... because it doesn't

Just because DMX and Tupac cry in their rhymes doesn't make them iller than Jay, Common, Talib Kweli, KRS-One, Nas, Andre 3000 etc...

No rapper (other than X) comes close to showing the emotion he did on tracks. And his lyrics were DEEP and thats what mattered to me.

"I'll probably NEVER get the props I feel I ever deserve
But I'll never be served, my spot is forever reserved"

What a shame
smh.gif
....Should be in everyone's top 10 DOA

Don't forget about:

ghostface.jpg

DMX has crazy energy what about him? Tupac, IMO, is crazy overrated starting all these problems in Hip-Hop all this negative attention Hip-Hop got because ifhis arrogance and reckless attitude. I never cared for him, because a dude is aggressive doesnt make him a good rapper. He often made himself look like ahypocrite song after song but then again which rapper doesn't?

If you ask me Tupac is just another rapper dudes repsect BECAUSE of his reckless attitude and his "thug" image. Well tha tthug image is what got himkilled. Make music, live your life.

Back
Top Bottom