Temp agencies, question.

Anyone who has dealt with one, are they really helpful or a waste of time
nerd.gif

they make money off them finding potentials jobs, if youre qualified they are def helpful.....

temp jobs can turn into f/t jobs also.

temp jobs can also get you in door or give you new experience.

they make money off them finding potentials jobs, if youre qualified they are def helpful.....

Originally Posted by Al Audi

they make money off them finding potentials jobs, if your qualified they are def helpful.....

thanks for the insight AI....

Originally Posted by Al Audi

they make money off them finding potentials jobs, if your qualified they are def helpful.....

thanks for the insight AI....

If you're good, temp jobs are helpful. You gain different experience. We actually requested a temp for a week from an agency last month, tested her for a second week, and offered her a full time job with us because she was so good.

If you're good, temp jobs are helpful. You gain different experience. We actually requested a temp for a week from an agency last month, tested her for a second week, and offered her a full time job with us because she was so good.

Currently work for a temp agency and they have found me steady work. Cant complain too much though I do wish I made more (being a college grad).

Definitely look into it, different agencies have different client bases. If possible, try to find out how big the agency is before applying and see exactly who comprises their client base. That will help in terms of if your looking for temp-to-perm positions within a certain field.

But as stated, its a great way to build the resume, make connections, and at the very least make decent money while looking for a career move.

PM me if you want some more info. I'm in the DMV as well

Currently work for a temp agency and they have found me steady work. Cant complain too much though I do wish I made more (being a college grad).

Definitely look into it, different agencies have different client bases. If possible, try to find out how big the agency is before applying and see exactly who comprises their client base. That will help in terms of if your looking for temp-to-perm positions within a certain field.

But as stated, its a great way to build the resume, make connections, and at the very least make decent money while looking for a career move.

PM me if you want some more info. I'm in the DMV as well

Originally Posted by th0ugh

how exactly do temp jobs work? how do you get qualified for this?

Say that a company is hiring in the field that you know. The temp will ask if you want the job. If the company is paying say 15/hr the temp will pay you 10/hr. And some temps will make you work overtime if the company that is hiring is offering it that way they make more money off you. Eventually the company will offer you the job and cut loss the temp service. But beware some temps will make up an excuse to fire you if the company offers you the job permanently just to place someone else in that position just so the temp will continue getting paid.

Originally Posted by th0ugh

how exactly do temp jobs work? how do you get qualified for this?

Say that a company is hiring in the field that you know. The temp will ask if you want the job. If the company is paying say 15/hr the temp will pay you 10/hr. And some temps will make you work overtime if the company that is hiring is offering it that way they make more money off you. Eventually the company will offer you the job and cut loss the temp service. But beware some temps will make up an excuse to fire you if the company offers you the job permanently just to place someone else in that position just so the temp will continue getting paid.

i just got hired full time with my city i got from a temp agency. since i got put on full time, im going to transfer to a diff department now
pimp.gif

my ex did temp work at kaiser while she went to a trade school to be a xray tech. finished her trade school and got put on at kaiser because she knew heads at kaiser already.

i just got hired full time with my city i got from a temp agency. since i got put on full time, im going to transfer to a diff department now
pimp.gif

my ex did temp work at kaiser while she went to a trade school to be a xray tech. finished her trade school and got put on at kaiser because she knew heads at kaiser already.

If you live in the DMV try adecco they have some really cool jobs and most of them pay decent in the 12-15 dollar area start with the possibility of going permanent.

If you live in the DMV try adecco they have some really cool jobs and most of them pay decent in the 12-15 dollar area start with the possibility of going permanent.

Its always worth giving it a shot. They'll give you options and it's up to you as far as what it turns into.

Its always worth giving it a shot. They'll give you options and it's up to you as far as what it turns into.

Originally Posted by princelaparka

much appreciation.

Originally Posted by princelaparka

much appreciation.

Back
Top Bottom