TERMINATOR THREAD - T2 turns 30 July 3

Did they reveal who send Pops back in time?
They're all stuck in a grandfather paradox created by Genisys. John sent "Pops" back in time to protect himself, as he's programmed with those directives. Which is why he couldn't shoot Sarah to destroy John. However when Genisys changed time, John was no longer human which is why Pops was able to engage in combat with him.

John explains it.

I enjoyed the movie. Of course it was not up to par with t2 but that is a near impossible task. Wifey as Sarah also helped me enjoy the movie more lol

They then IMMEDIATELY undo whatever emotion that cups of possibly taken place by bringing him right back to life :lol:

My man i'm saying though. I knew full well what was coming, but I told my friends even after we left the theater that the moment when he was sinking into the liquid metal was actually really nice and poignant. Then they just completely throw it away by reviving him a few minutes later. :smh:

This movie on paper would of looked good. Finally a emotional connection to the t800 again, t1000 back, new terminator, actual footage of the future war, but when it all came together it's was just too much for the movie to pull off. I don't know if it's the directors fault or what but none of the things we should of cared about mattered

Last edited:
About halfway through. This movie is stupid. reese got hit by a car when they went to 2017 and it hurt him less than a bee sting. They talk about already falling in love after 2 days. Vomit.

Her calling him Pops. Weird.

I still cannot forget how much I threw my hands in the air when the Bad Boys scene hit the screen. I was already through with the film before that but at that moment I thought they were trolling just because.

These fools went in a damn closet / lockerroom and it protected them that giant building falling down on them.

Can we please give kudos to Jai Courtney's agents?

They're getting him in a lot of roles that he otherwise shouldn't be getting. Is he the new Sam Worthington?

Ha. I just read your similar comment a few pages back. I hate his agents for getting such an average to below average actor any role. Even his name is bad. At least it saved a better actor from being in this movie.

Surprised to see that a good number of people posted they liked the movie. I thought it was a forgettable, bad action movie. Waste of seeing Emilia Clarke onscreen.

I'm just saying if dude judging it that critically T2 is the only good movie out of all them

The first two were good. They should've stopped there. I remember salvation not being too bad.

I'm just saying if dude judging it that critically T2 is the only good movie out of all them
nah you buggin b. T1 was great I like T2 and T1 equally but for different reasons. T1 had that horror movie feel while T2 is one of the best action movies of all time

nah you buggin b. T1 was great I like T2 and T1 equally but for different reasons. T1 had that horror movie feel while T2 is one of the best action movies of all time

Dude I'm saying if dudes being critical, there were lowpoints in that movie as well.

Below average special effects crippled that movie in general. In no way is it seeing T2

The comparisons to T1 and t2 just need to stop :x

There's being overly critical, yes, but saying this last movie was anything but a wreck would revoke your movie judging license. You don't need to look deep into the movie to find things that just didn't work

^Bingo. I mean, there's a reason the film's gotten terrible ratings all around. At the moment, it hasn't even broken even domestically.

Said it when it came out, the opening was solid, then once Reese reached the past the film steadily declined. Jason Clarke's performance was good throughout. But Emilia Clarke's acting was honestly one of the worst parts of this film. Beyond vaguely resembling the original actress there's no reason she should have been chosen. That's not looking deeply into anything, that's pointing our a real problem with the main female character in the film. :lol: The constant references and winks at previous films were annoying by the end of the film, and it really seemed as if the writer was going out of his way to make them, instead of just focusing on telling a good story. The first time travel was understandable, and it then quickly became a convoluted mess with the revelation of a previous time travel and then other time travels as well, and it effected the central storyline. It's a poorly written sequel, plain and simple.

People are critical because it deserves criticism. No one thought that messing up / altering more timelines would work. I wanted to see Emilia bae flourish in a movie.

Are they supposed to work?
This joint was too excessive in time travel but in the end/sequels everything always seems to never matter anyway

If I were them I would just chill on the couch with some good food and drinks instead of time traveling, where a terminator couldn't find me of course. Seems like judgement day will happen no matter what they do.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom