TERMINATOR THREAD - T2 turns 30 July 3

Arnold Schwarzenegger: I will be back in next 'Terminator' film

Arnold Schwarzenegger has said that he will be returning to the Terminator franchise and that a planned Twins sequel is set to go ahead soon.

Speaking to Screen in Cannes, where he is talking up new environmentally-focused documentary Wonders Of The Sea 3D with producer Francois Mantello [pictured right] and co-directors Jean-Michel Cousteau and Jean-Jacques Mantello, Schwarzenegger confirmed that he will star in a new Terminator film produced by James Cameron.

“It is back,” commented Schwarzenegger, who revealed that he had met Cameron recently and discussed the project. “It is moving forward. He [Cameron] has some good ideas of how to continue with the franchise,” the actor added, “I will be in the movie.”

He also said that a potential Conan reboot starring Schwarzenegger isn’t dead. “It’s being rewritten…the idea is to do it.”

Triplets

Schwarzenegger also confirmed that the mooted Triplets project, the sequel to 1986 comedy Twins, could go into production this year.

“The script will be finished in a month”, he said, confirming that he would be starring alongside Danny DeVito and Eddie Murphy, and that original producer-director Ivan Reitman is involved in the project. “It’s just around the corner,” he said.

Netflix

Schwarzenegger also weighed in on the Netflix debate, which continues to dominate chatter at the festival.

“They are a terrific company and they have done an extraordinary job,” he said, “They’re visionaries and they’ve rattled the cage a bit with the studios, that’s good. New ideas and new ways of showing movies is good. For us entertainers, it’s another way you can display yourself.”

He also teased a potential collaboration with Netflix in the future, “I’m looking forward to working [with Netflix]. Hopefully there will be something.”

They have Leia, Douglas, RDJ and so on looking young.

And with today's technology AND Cameron being the grand master with effects they should just CGI Arnold to be young and make T3 :lol:

oh yah not questioning the quality of those bad films, just showing how the cgi could look the whole film if Cameron can't contract a better cgi company

I mean shorter scenes means less cgi which means a lot less money so they could have splurged a bit on making better quality cgi's but they couldn't/wouldn't

hopefully the tech has improved much more since Genysis' 2015, definitely get the company Marvel uses but damn the budget on it better be on some epic level

damn

T2 is one of my favorite movies of all time

movie is pure perfection

best action movie for me hands down on terms of story and action

I'm in there no question

My mom took me to the theater to watch this when I was 9 years old or so lol. The T1000 had me shook. Epically when he killed John's foster mom. IT was cool seeing Budnick from Salute Your Shorts in the movie too.

My mom also bought me the original on VHS when i was a kid also. I Kept watching Sarah Connor and Reese make love together.

James Cameron is backing this, then it has to be legit.
My fav movie of all time. I've seen almost every version of this movie that has released for home entertainment from vhs to bluray to all the special editions. Psyched for this!

TERMINATOR 2: JUDGEMENT DAY Gets An Awesome 4K Collectors Edition In October

LIMITED EDITION BOX SETS INCLUDES:

• Life-sized Terminator EndoArm
  • Each limited-edition EndoArm unit includes a uniquely numbered sticker, featuring the signature of writer-director James Cameron
BLU-RAY / DIGITAL HD SPECIAL FEATURES

• *NEW* “T2: Reprogramming the Terminator” 55 Minute Documentary Including Exclusive Interview with Arnold Schwarzenegger, James Cameron, Edward Furlong and More
  • 2 Feature Commentaries including 23 members of the cast and crew, including director James Cameron and co-author William Wisher
  • “The Making of T2” 30 Minute Featurette
  • Seamless Branching to View 3 Different Versions of the Movie
  • 2 Deleted Scenes with Audio Commentary
  • Trailers
255c2bff-2916-4811-9b20-9171397964b0.jpg

TERMINATOR 2: JUDGEMENT DAY Gets An Awesome 4K Collectors Edition In October

LIMITED EDITION BOX SETS INCLUDES:

• Life-sized Terminator EndoArm
  • Each limited-edition EndoArm unit includes a uniquely numbered sticker, featuring the signature of writer-director James Cameron
BLU-RAY / DIGITAL HD SPECIAL FEATURES

• *NEW* “T2: Reprogramming the Terminator” 55 Minute Documentary Including Exclusive Interview with Arnold Schwarzenegger, James Cameron, Edward Furlong and More
  • 2 Feature Commentaries including 23 members of the cast and crew, including director James Cameron and co-author William Wisher
  • “The Making of T2” 30 Minute Featurette
  • Seamless Branching to View 3 Different Versions of the Movie
  • 2 Deleted Scenes with Audio Commentary
  • Trailers
255c2bff-2916-4811-9b20-9171397964b0.jpg

I've always wanted that arm! Also can't believe there are more versions of this movie! I want them all hahaaa

James Cameron Wants to Make a New Terminator Trilogy

Director James Cameron (Avatar, Titanic) is looking at creating a new Terminator trilogy, according to an interview with News.com.au, speaking about the film franchise’s relevance in a world where technology is catching up to the sci-fi films of the past. However, there seem to be plans in the works.

“The question is — has the franchise run its course or can it be freshened up?,” Cameron says. “So I am in discussions with David Ellison, who is the current rights holder globally for the Terminator franchise and the rights in the US market revert to me under US copyright law in a year and a half so he and I are talking about what we can do. Right now we are leaning toward doing a three-film arc and reinventing it.”

Cameron, who will regain the Terminator rights himself in 2019, previously announced that plans for a new film was in the works and that Arnold Schwarzenegger would be involved. There is no word about whether or Schwarzenegger will be a part of the entire new Terminator trilogy.

The filmmaker originally sold the rights to the original film for $1 to producer Gale Anne Hurd, with the agreement that he would be allowed to direct The Terminator, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger. The first film earned $78.4 million worldwide and was topped by Cameron’s highly-acclaimed sequel, Terminator 2: Judgment Day, which grossed $519.8 million worldwide. Cameron stepped away from the franchise after that film, though three more were made, with the most recent one, Terminator Genisys, having earned $440.6 million globally (though only $89.8 million of that was domestic) on a $155 million budget.

Back
Top Bottom