Terrell Owens just released by the Dallas Cowboys!!! BREAKING NEWS

Originally Posted by LESfamilia

Originally Posted by TD The God

I'm in Canada and I haven't seen ESPN yet....but would it be possible for T.O to sue ESPN for defamation of character?
If he really wanted to he definitely could, but the ends wouldn't justify the means by the time next season started...
No he couldnt. They arent saying anything that isnt true. ESPN is just reporting the news whether you like it or not.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

BTW im willing to bet $$$ that Dallas offense IMPROVES next year.
I agree. I see the whole team being better

Originally Posted by SHUGES

BSPN is talking about NO team except MAYBE the Raiders will pick up T.O.

And I have a feeling it might be true b/c that network will push hard for it to happen.
So ESPN is going to keep a team from signing Owens? Get real and wake up.

Originally Posted by naldo21

I wonder what happens with that reality show if he is not on a team?
His reality show had nothing to do with the Cowboys. It was just a follow T.O. in the off season type thing. Probably will still happen.

Originally Posted by naldo21

I wonder what happens with that reality show if he is not on a team?
It is a dating show. Scheduled to be shot in the spring. He'll still have that if he still wants to do it now.

You shoulda seen it coming when Tony Romo and Jerry Jones refused to directly answer questions about Terrell and his standing with the team... This has beenobvious for weeks, but you dudes took every little thing Jerry said to heart like he ever said "Oh yeah, Terrell is, was, and will be a DallasCowboy." ...

They've been ducking questions all offseason...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

You shoulda seen it coming when Tony Romo and Jerry Jones refused to directly answer questions about Terrell and his standing with the team... This has been obvious for weeks, but you dudes took every little thing Jerry said to heart like he ever said "Oh yeah, Terrell is, was, and will be a Dallas Cowboy." ...

Most Cowboy fans are idiots though! Just take a look a the 2 Cowboys/Owens posts up now. There are very few rational Cowboy fans on this board.

(Yes I am a Cowboys fan)

^^ You could say the same thing in 2006 when Jerry Jones was ducking and dodging questions about Owens/Parcells returning. It wasn't confirmed untilParcells was gone that Owens would remain a Cowboy.

Enjoy the eight months of "happiness" because the person you feel is responsible for a subpar performance by 53 players is gone. Im not gonna sithere and debate something that can't be proven for eight months.

Originally Posted by piczon1983

I live in VA and one of my boys just heard on the radio that Dan Snyder is apparently flying T.O out to DC today. If this is true, smh @ the ********.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Did people think Eli would be better without Tiki and Shockey....?
How'd he do without Buress?
laugh.gif

I can see TO in NY if plex gets convicted on them gun charges

Anywhere he goes is only gonna be on a 1 year contract though

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

You shoulda seen it coming when Tony Romo and Jerry Jones refused to directly answer questions about Terrell and his standing with the team... This has been obvious for weeks, but you dudes took every little thing Jerry said to heart like he ever said "Oh yeah, Terrell is, was, and will be a Dallas Cowboy." ...

Most Cowboy fans are idiots though! Just take a look a the 2 Cowboys/Owens posts up now. There are very few rational Cowboy fans on this board.

(Yes I am a Cowboys fan)
You, of ALL PEOPLE, have the nerve to say that?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Listening to the ticket right now is so funny. They are addressing the very same issue I am talking about: Fans thinking releasing Owens means our offensesuddenly becomes better. So quickly how people forget the two games without Owens.

Yeah you right "Only Cowboys fans..."

Originally Posted by NyRapisBack

^^ You could say the same thing in 2006 when Jerry Jones was ducking and dodging questions about Owens/Parcells returning. It wasn't confirmed until Parcells was gone that Owens would remain a Cowboy.

Enjoy the eight months of "happiness" because the person you feel is responsible for a subpar performance by 53 players is gone. Im not gonna sit here and debate something that can't be proven for eight months.
Jerry ducked questions about both Parcells/Owens returning, and Parcells was gone... So what's your point? The whole issue everybody wastalking about at the time was whether or not BOTH of them would return...

And when did I say Terrell Owens was responsible for the Cowboys not living up to expectations this year? He wasn't the problem, but he was part of theproblem...

You don't win with divided locker rooms... The Eagles have won more playoff games since they released T.O. than we have since we signed him, so I feel noneed to apologize for not jumping off bridges and screaming the sky is falling... Because that just isn't the case...

As much as I hate TO i'am shocked that they actually did this...I can't believe that Dallas would pretty much get rid of their best player other thanWare

But oh well looks like The ******** and The Giants will be running the division
laugh.gif

I see the whole team being better

Why did the Cowboys release Tony Romo as well?? He's the reason this team has stunk it up for the past 2 years. The Cowboys actually had a shot to be aplayoff team this upcoming with T.O. on the roster, but now they have completely flushed that dream down the toilet.

^^ You could say the same thing in 2006 when Jerry Jones was ducking and dodging questions about Owens/Parcells returning. It wasn't confirmed until Parcells was gone that Owens would remain a Cowboy.

Enjoy the eight months of "happiness" because the person you feel is responsible for a subpar performance by 53 players is gone. Im not gonna sit here and debate something that can't be proven for eight months.
Jerry ducked questions about both Parcells/Owens returning, and Parcells was gone... So what's your point? The whole issue everybody was talking about at the time was whether or not BOTH of them would return...

And when did I say Terrell Owens was responsible for the Cowboys not living up to expectations this year? He wasn't the problem, but he was part of the problem...

You don't win with divided locker rooms... The Eagles have won more playoff games since they released T.O. than we have since we signed him, so I feel no need to apologize for not jumping off bridges and screaming the sky is falling... Because that just isn't the case...
Once again...whats so great about having "playoff wins."? Lmao, I'll never understand this !+%$ for the life of me. People wouldactually be content with ONE PLAYOFF WIN in the Wild Card round and an exit in the Divisional Round Playoffs and say "We improved because we got a playoffwin." I don't see it that way since we skipped that round in 2007.

All this talk about the oline being trash now again makes zero sense. They were the best o-line in the league in 2007, same players come back and we suddenlycan't pass protect, despite being the NE of the NFC with the SAME TEAM? THAT IS COACHING MY FRIEND. Every single person on this team sucked last seasonwith the exception of Demarcus Ware. Everyone on offense declined including the lover boy Witten.

BTW, the Eagles may have won more playoff games since they released T.O., but what about the 49ers? How many playoff games have they won since they releasedOwens? Scratch that, how many winning seasons have they had since Owens has been released from them? How do teams do the following season after releasingOwens?

People seem to have it twisted.

It is NOT a 9 million dollar hit to our cap. Keeping Owens on our roster would have been a 8.9mil hit. By releasing him its a 9.6 mil hit. So really, the hit is around 700k which is a far cry from 9 mill.

Again, it is NOT a 9 million dollar cap hit.

And for the record, Roy Williams has officially been released

its still a hit because he's not there

I really want to know how TO is now going to approach this. Im sure that chip on his shoulder is bigger than ever now.

I just know that if I can get him at a "bargain." I would take a chance with him. Despite all his baggage, the man is a serious weapon on the field.

This dude Bobby Carpenter just needs to get a job with ESPN.
laugh.gif

He puts in NO work on the field, but is constantly making appearances on first take
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

People seem to have it twisted.

It is NOT a 9 million dollar hit to our cap. Keeping Owens on our roster would have been a 8.9mil hit. By releasing him its a 9.6 mil hit. So really, the hit is around 700k which is a far cry from 9 mill.

Again, it is NOT a 9 million dollar cap hit.

And for the record, Roy Williams has officially been released

its still a hit because he's not there you dummy

If you could read, you'd realize I wasn't stating there wasn't a hit, but that the hit isn't 9 mill. Its only 700k.

Nice edit [dummy] BTW

Back
Top Bottom