The (2-2) Cowboys @ The (4-1) Pats'... Game Thread 10/16 4:15 ET

screw brady and welker
mad.gif

Blame goes on 2 people... Tony Romo & Jason Garret..

We had that game locked up.. The Defense stopped Brady and we got the ball back with 3:36 left up by 2... All we needed was 1 first down and it would have taken it down to 2 minutes easily and possibly forced the Patriots to burn 1 or 2 timeouts.... I understand why you would run in this situation, but you need a first down or you will lose because you know Brady will drive it down the field.. Romo is SUPPOSED TO BE AN ELITE QB.. He NEEDS TO GROW A CLUTCH SET and tell Garret he wants the ball in his hands not the running back on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down.. We went 3 and out burned 1 minute...

McBrair is a great punter and straight up jacks that punt to like the 10 yard line from the Cowboys 28. Pats start at the 20. With 2:31 and only 1 timeout plus 2 minute warning.

Then with 1 timeout we just let Brady no huddle rape us down the field.. 1st play was a first down... 2nd play was first down... 3rd play was a 5 yard game leading to the 2 minute warning..Then another first down...

And instead of trying to kill his momentum so we can get fresh guys in there and to have a better response to the Pats offense by calling a timeout, Garret just stands there.. A timeout does give them more opportunity, but when you are getting beat play after play on the no huddle.. YOU HAVE TO TAKE A TIMEOUT...

Bad play calling and clock management by Jason Garret... And lack of owning the responsibility late by Romo..

I'm all for canning Garret, and getting rid of Romo so we can draft a top pick QB.. But I bet Kitna would probably lead us to a 9-7 record (which Is probably what Romo would do)

Cowboys lost because of Brady.

The Greatest QB of ALL TIME.. the greatest QB in NFL History. 1 More ring.... its a definite.

We still have yet to lose at home.. that was perfect.

If there's anybody to "blame" it would be Tom Brady...the Guy just makes it look too damn easy in clutch situations. Romo was fine, and our D played well. I wouldn't necessarily blame Garrett for the loss, but the little shovel pass was a head scratcher, and i didn't like the way he managed our second to last possession. 3 straight runs, knowing you're going to have to give the ball back to Tom Brady and that offense was stupid
30t6p3b.gif

cowboys fans on this board reach 2 much.

if dallas would have scored 7 instead of 3 this could have been a different outcome , We talking bout brady here guys.

And if anything penalties hurt as down the stretch .

Man I wish we would we would just get blown out if we gone lose...these close games suck man...

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Wonder if Shoes will show his face this week...
we all know this clown's m.o. by now

very little mention when his perpetually crappy team loses or when rivals win, but otherwise ridicules rival teams and their fans when they teams lose

just don't let gunna get it make the week in review again. last week's was terrible

Garret and our defense.
indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Never would've thought of being 2-3 5 games into the season
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

MPire wrote:
I ain't gonna lie I'm livid.
Dude, I can not recall any other time where I was that heated after they had to settle for a field goal to go up 16-13. I was yelling and ranting to the room of people I was watching the game with. Once we settled for that field goal, I KNEW IT WAS A WRAP. I was dumb founded as to why Dez didnt get a jump ball thrown his way in the end zone with 1 on 1 coverage. I would argue that Megatron is the only other WR who is better at coming down with a jump ball in the end zone.  

After that field goal I just sat back and watched the rest of the game
14b73aa.gif

Then on the last play of the game, the hail marry, was the only other attempt in the second half to get Dez the ball. Once I saw that the hail marry was thrown Dez's way I EXPLODED. He had 4 catches for 78 yds in the first half. Yet no touches and only 2 looks his way. (Romo's arm was hit as he was throwing it on the 1st attempt and the other was the hail marry)

Im listening to espnDallas as I type this and the rage I felt yesterday is building again.
mad.gif
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom