The 2012 NFL Draft Thread, 4/26 8EST/5PST Vikings are on the clock

Darren Thomas is notable?
laugh.gif

Chris Polk too.

Burflict a Bengal
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
. Marvin Lewis apparently had a long convo with him at his pro day so I'm not surprised.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Dolphins pass on Streeter, Marvin Jones, Dwight Jones, Dale Moss, Jeff Fuller, Juron Criner for a God damn Oregon Duck. 
indifferent.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]my guy from and who has deep ties at oregon says he is a monster. big time hitter. i have no idea, had to call him... we'll see.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Real decent draft, not sure i really understand the WR picks. Not mad at the pick but streeter was there, would have preferred him.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]With Keenan Allen, Robert Woods, [/color][color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Marquess Wilson being in the draft next year (all from pro style, route tree teams) we could be looking forward to it there. There is no way with how the dolphins drafted the last two years (which has actually been pretty good) they wouldn't address it. Looking forward to seeing it.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]And also seeing how Tanny isn't gonna be playing much anyway, who care who he does or doesn't throw too. It's on Matty's shoulder's and he did fine with the no names last year. I'm not optomistic, i'm juss sayin. we'll see.[/color]

Nice little wrap up of undrafted players from ProFootballTalk.com. I hope the Steelers bring in Pitt's G/OT Lucas Nix. I think he would add some depth to our o-line. I think he could play guard or RT...Story below & link to post here.

Burfict, Chris Polk, Case Keenum among notable UDFAs
Posted by Evan Silva on April 28, 2012, 8:09 PM EDT

The 2012 NFL draft came to an end at 7:20 p.m. ET on Saturday, when the Indianapolis Colts made Northern Illinois quarterback Chandler Harnish this year’s Mr. Irrelevant.

NFL teams have already begun contacting and agreeing to terms with undrafted free agents. Here are the notables:

1. Arizona State linebacker Vontaze Burfict — Troubled but gifted inside ‘backer.

2. Boise State quarterback Kellen Moore — Long on college wins, short on ability.

3. Washington running back Chris Polk — Medical knocked him out of the draft.

4. Florida quarterback John Brantley — Reports indicate the Ravens signed him.

5. Houston quarterback Case Keenum — Essentially a taller Kellen Moore.

6. Stanford receiver Chris Owusu — Concussions cost him on draft weekend.

7. Troy offensive tackle James Brown — Once highly rated by Mike Mayock.

8. North Carolina receiver Dwight Jones — Character questions killed his stock.

9. Texas A&M receiver Jeff Fuller — Big wideout who played small as a senior.

10. Iowa State cornerback Leonard Johnson — Press corner lacks top measurables.

UPDATE: Reports indicate Kellen Moore will with the Detroit Lions

More notable UDFAs: Arizona State receiver Gerell Robinson, Oregon quarterback Darron Thomas, Virginia cornerback Chase Minnifield, LSU quarterback Jordan Jefferson, Oregon cornerback Cliff Harris, North Carolina defensive end Donte Paige-Moss, Ohio State center Mike Brewster, Vanderbilt safety Sean Richardson, Richmond quarterback Aaron Corp, Alabama receiver Marquis Maze, Tennessee running back Tauren Poole, Miami quarterback Jacory Harris, Pittsburgh defensive end Brandon Lindsey, Arizona cornerback Robert Golden, USC defensive tackle DaJohn Harris, Cal (PA) guard Rishaw Johnson, Pittsburgh guard Lucas Nix, South Dakota State receiver Dale Moss, USC running back Marc Tyler, Tulsa quarterback G.J. Kinne.

The Bengals are like the Boys Town of the NFL huh? I hope he makes the most of his chance & has a great career. Almost everyone deserves a shot at redemption.

I read Don Banks Snap Judgements post at SI.com & he mentioned both CBs for the Rams (Jenkins & Johnson) have been tasered by police recently...
laugh.gif
 If they both stay out of trouble, they could be a heck of a CB tandem.

Originally Posted by dreClark

I can't believe Donte Paige-Moss declared
From what I remember reading, it seemed like he was gone no matter what.  Not sure if it was something with UNC and they weren't paying well enough without Black Santa around or he got bad advice like he was somehow gonna be a high pick after not living up to the hype then tearing his ACL.

2emcuua.jpg

pimp.gif

Report on why the Bucs passed on Claiborne....

"Coach Schiano wants guys who throw themselves full-bore into EVERYTHING. If someone asks you to take a test, no matter what you think, attack it with everything you've got. Compete. Grind. Claiborne didn't even try. And that type of approach will end up getting you what you got over the past 10 games of the 2011 Buccaneer season". 

"Schiano wants guys competing at everything. Details, details, details. Tests, playbooks (i-pads)—he wants workers, not prima donnas. He doesn't want guys like Claiborne. He wants guys who take everything seriously. He wants hard will and hard work over attitudes like Claiborne's every day of the week. No wonder they passed on the guy."

Love what the Colts did at receiver. Big time sleepers. Lavon Brazill will lead the Colts in a receiving in a few years. The way he works the field fits right into how Andrew Luck plays Q.

T.Y. Hilton is damn explosive too. If he can stay healthy...My goodness.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

The Bengals continue to not give a flying %%%$ about character.

Yes, because they signed an UDFA with character issues
laugh.gif
? The Rams took 2 dudes early in the draft that had huge red flags, yet you mention the Bengals for signing Burflict?

Originally Posted by Buc Em

2emcuua.jpg

pimp.gif

Report on why the Bucs passed on Claiborne....

"Coach Schiano wants guys who throw themselves full-bore into EVERYTHING. If someone asks you to take a test, no matter what you think, attack it with everything you've got. Compete. Grind. Claiborne didn't even try. And that type of approach will end up getting you what you got over the past 10 games of the 2011 Buccaneer season". 

"Schiano wants guys competing at everything. Details, details, details. Tests, playbooks (i-pads)—he wants workers, not prima donnas. He doesn't want guys like Claiborne. He wants guys who take everything seriously. He wants hard will and hard work over attitudes like Claiborne's every day of the week. No wonder they passed on the guy."
You honestly believe that? 
laugh.gif
Is Schiano trying to rationalize reaching for Barron at 7? 

Didn't draft him b/c of the Wonderlic....think about it. 

loved the eagles draft..

i think pitt had the best draft.. also like what cincy did

Back
Top Bottom