The 2012 NFL Draft Thread, 4/26 8EST/5PST Vikings are on the clock

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

No players drafted from Tennessee 
laugh.gif
 Dooley

wrong. (malik Jackson)

plus thats not on Dooley. this senior class were not his recruits.

Be intelligent and correct about your %%$% Dro, I expect more from you.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Originally Posted by Buc Em

The Bengals continue to not give a flying %%%$ about character.

Yes, because they signed an UDFA with character issues
laugh.gif
? The Rams took 2 dudes early in the draft that had huge red flags, yet you mention the Bengals for signing Burflict?

senstive much? in the marvin lewis era yall sure as hell always draft or sign players with character issues

and look who yall drafted in the 1st round

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

laugh.gif
 Dooley

wrong. (malik Jackson)

Be intelligent and correct about your #%%@ Dro, I expect more from you.

Even a garbage school like Northwestern had 2 players drafted.
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

i really expect cox, curry, kendricks and boykin to have an impact on our defense this season

kendricks will start at SAM and i think boykin ends up as our primary slot CB.. cox and curry will get a ton of snaps in the rotation

also boykin is going be our primary kickoff guy

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by Buc Em

The Bengals continue to not give a flying %%%$ about character.

laugh.gif
? The Rams took 2 dudes early in the draft that had huge red flags, yet you mention the Bengals for signing Burflict?

senstive much? in the marvin lewis era yall sure as hell always draft or sign players with character issues

So do the Cowboys repeatedly, so do the Pats, so does everyone.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

laugh.gif
 Dooley

wrong. (malik Jackson)

Be intelligent and correct about your #%%@ Dro, I expect more from you.

Even a garbage school like Northwestern had 2 players drafted.
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
thats why he mad
laugh.gif
Malik Jackson was a 1 year transfer from USC so i didnt count him 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

i know it's been said before but alot of good QBs could be coming out next year:

matt barkley
tyler wilson
logan thomas
aaron murray
tyler bray
keith price

big board for 2013: http://bleacherreport.com...eason-big-board-unveiled
This is exactly what the Cleveland fans are saying on the radio/tv that don't' support the Weeden pick.  Should they just have waited another year with Colt, see what he could do with Trent and pick a QB next year. 

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

i know it's been said before but alot of good QBs could be coming out next year:

matt barkley
tyler wilson
logan thomas
aaron murray
tyler bray
keith price

This is exactly what the Cleveland fans are saying on the radio/tv that don't' support the Weeden pick.  Should they just have waited another year with Colt, see what he could do with Trent and pick a QB next year. 

a couple of my buddies are dolphins fans.. and seeing this, I REALLY don't get what they were thinking

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

laugh.gif

So do the Cowboys repeatedly, so do the Pats, so does everyone.

Kewl.
Bengals sign/draft them more than anybody, and most the time they end up getting arrested pretty soon afterwards. Why are you getting worked up about it? And who besides Julian Edelman last year randomly with the groping the chick at a bar incident has gotten arrested on the Patriots?

Yea, besides the Edelman thing and Gronk getting drunk dancing to terrible music, the Pats never draft/acquire and character flawed
dudes. And even if they do, the guys they get are desperate and don't wanna F up and be off the team (Chad, Albert)
***EDIT: In terms of being a team distraction, Marvin Lewis would say otherwise. But that's different

from Pacman, and the rest of those guys.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Yea, besides the Edelman thing and Gronk getting drunk dancing to terrible music, the Pats never draft/acquire and character flawed
dudes. And even if they do, the guys they get are desperate and don't wanna F up and be off the team (Chad, Albert)
***EDIT: In terms of being a team distraction, Marvin Lewis would say otherwise. But that's different

from Pacman, and the rest of those guys.
Spikes?

Originally Posted by SportsJunkie

Watch out for Vikings new WR Jarius Wright and Greg Childs. in 2 years they going to be really good.

Greg will be good for the Vikes 
happy.gif
pimp.gif

Plus they Drafted Dennard, signed Haynesworth, Mallet and his drug issues. Moss too. Right, the Pats never acquire anyone with character flaws. I'm not worked up about it at all it's just not factual. Vikings lead the NFL in player arrests since 2000. The Bucs, Jags, Chiefs have also had a lot of players arrested. I know the Bengals have taken risks on guys, and it's largely because we haven't won a playoff game since 1990. Everyone takes risks on players, especially talented ones. The Bengals have definitely taken less risks on guys lately as well.

For all those making a big issue about character issues....
[h1]NFL Moneyball: The Math Says To Draft Players With Criminal Records[/h1]
It's our old friend Science, back to drop some NFL draft knowledge on us. Today's lesson: if you're looking to maximize the value of your draft position, you might be better off going with the guys with character issues. And in this case, "character issues" isn't code for !%*%$$%, it's code for guy who's been arrested and charged with at least one crime.

The revelation comes from a senior thesis from Hamilton College economics student Kendall Weir, who, as a Steeler fan, might be predisposed to guys who are dirty on the field and relatively clean off of it. But his data shows that the best bang for a war room's buck comes from drafting players who have a rap sheet. In true Moneyball fashion, it's not that these players outperform the upstanding citizens, but that they perform equally, and their records scare off most teams, making them true value picks.

Weir sorted every player taken in the 2005-2009 drafts into four categories: 1) Players with no legal problems; 2) Players arrested but never charged; 3) Players arrested and charged; 4) Players suspended at least one game for violating team rules.

The players who were suspended underperformed in their NFL careers, getting fewer starts and having shorter careers. But the players who were arrested and charged tended to perform just as well as the clean players, and could be had in the draft an average of 15 spots later. (Players who were arrested but not charged actually outperformed every other group, but couldn't be drafted at a discount.)

There are questions of sample size, and number of starts isn't necessarily the most accurate reflection of a player's performance. But it's intriguing to see that in this day and age GMs are still scared off by character concerns, even though it takes a very special Sam Hurd or Mike Vick for legal issues to actually affect a football career.

Undecided who to draft? Scan his rap sheet [AP]

Having a football player take an IQ test is like having a scientist run a .40

Michael Felger was on radio last week with a theory that'd he draft every player he could who tested for marijuana or had 'minor' incidents. It's not a bad game plan.

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

matt barkley
tyler wilson
logan thomas
aaron murray
tyler bray
keith price

a couple of my buddies are dolphins fans.. and seeing this, I REALLY don't get what they were thinking

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I've been saying build around the QB position for a year and a half now because of the 2013 draft...[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Ross and Ireland really love Tanny. I do Not see it... time will tell on how stupid this decision was. They had a really good draft besides that though, that was a surprise in itself. [/color]

Back
Top Bottom