The 2012 NFL Draft Thread, 4/26 8EST/5PST Vikings are on the clock

I got Lamar Miller going #28 to GB.

Also, I think it's absolutely foolish to take a RB in the top 5/10 unless he has the skill-set of AD. I think Richardson is a fantastic player, but in today's NFL, taking a RB that high is very risky.

*Buc Em...if the Bucs traded back and took a RB like Miller in the late-teens/early-20's, how much of a drop off in production (as a 1-2 punch) would a miller/blount combo have in comparison to a richardson/blount pairing?

They say Trent actually ran 4.46 and 4.51.

Lamar Miller is Denver Broncos Clinton Portis with better long speed
Trent Richardson is Jonathan Stewart hopefully more durable
David Wilson has huge future bum potential he has no vision.
Chris Polk is good also.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I got Lamar Miller going #28 to GB.

Also, I think it's absolutely foolish to take a RB in the top 5/10 unless he has the skill-set of AD. I think Richardson is a fantastic player, but in today's NFL, taking a RB that high is very risky.

*Buc Em...if the Bucs traded back and took a RB like Miller in the late-teens/early-20's, how much of a drop off in production (as a 1-2 punch) would a miller/blount combo have in comparison to a richardson/blount pairing?

I love Lamar Miller, I just think it's risky to wait until the early 2nd to see if he's still there. He could easily go to the Steelers, Giants, Jets, Bengals, Colts, Packers or Browns if we were to wait. Schiano says he wants a "power run game". I wouldn't define Lamar Miller as any type of power runner. If that's what Schiano wants then Richardson, Doug Martin and Polk would probably be the guys we're targeting.

I don't know if anyone besides Trent and Doug Martin goes in round one. I wouldn't be mad at all if we scooped up Lamar in the 2nd round. I'd be content with anyone from that Polk, Martin, Wilson, Miller group though. There's no way Trent drops to 17. They said his 40 times today were at 70% health.

Doug Martin would be a perfect fit for Bucs if you take scheme into account cause he is very Ray Rice like. Lamar Miller belongs in a zone blocking scheme.

Well pretty much around 80 percent of the Bucs board is hoping for a Claiborne, Doug Martin and Lavonte David draft in the first 3 rounds.

Watching Tannehill's workout, I can't help but see a little Tarvaris Jackson in him. Has the arm, but throws with nice touch. Mobile, but you don't see him lighting teams up with his legs. Throw that in with his gameplay in being a tad slow on decision making and that's Tarvaris!
laugh.gif
Uh-oh.

Praying Denver takes a explosive player with our pick this year. Lamar Miller would be dope. Also hopefully a guy like Kendall Wright for Peyton

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Watching Tannehill's workout, I can't help but see a little Tarvaris Jackson in him. Has the arm, but throws with nice touch. Mobile, but you don't see him lighting teams up with his legs. Throw that in with his gameplay in being a tad slow on decision making and that's Tarvaris!
laugh.gif
Uh-oh.

Tarvaris is a decent backup QB though and that is probably Tannehill middle of the road projection as well. Granted, Tannehill is better mechanically and has shown more development in his year+ starting than Tarvaris ever has but they were never talking about taking Tarvaris in the top 10 picks...
sick.gif
This QB premium is out of control and its going to get worse as teams adjust to the rookie wage scale and the league turns into a pass heavy league.

Originally Posted by theone2401

This QB premium is out of control and its going to get worse as teams adjust to the rookie wage scale and the league turns into a pass heavy league.
i'm hoping next year, when there should be a slew of good QBs coming out, that a perfect storm happens for the eagles..

by this i mean most of the bad teams would have recently invested in a QB, thus taking them out of the running for the upper teir QBs coming out.. and certain teams would already have entrenched starters thus also taking them also out of the running

then the eagles, which will again be in a situation where the majority of our team is locked up for the foreseeable future can splurge on our QB of the future.. this will allow us to start vick for 1 more season and then move on with the new guy (vick will be 33 going into NEXT  season.. also, this is the last year of vick's guaranteed money on that deal)

[h1]i can't really be mad at this (although i disagree with the can't afford part, since we're just over 15 mill under the cap):

With Samuel, Eagles could be sizing up another sucker[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on March 29, 2012, 7:10 PM EDT

Multiple and conflicting reports have emerged as to whether the Titans or the Lions will swing a trade with the Eagles for veteran cornerback Asante Samuel.

Annnnnd roll the theme from The Sting.

The trades that sent A.J. Feely to Miami or the trade that sent Donovan McNabb to Washington or the trade that sent Kevin Kolb to Arizona or the trade that brought DeMeco Ryans to Philly showed that the Eagles know how to get the better of a transaction of this nature.  Thus, no one should give up anything significant in return for a 31-year-old cornerback due to make $9.9 million this year and $11.4 million.

Though the pass-happy nature of the NFL puts a premium on defensive backs, if Samuel was a premium defensive back the Eagles wouldn’t have acquired a pair of defensive backs last season to render him unnecessary.

And now the Eagles can’t afford Samuel, and they’re looking for a sucker who will take him off their hands.  History tells us that they’ll find one.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...uel-eagles-could-be-sizing-up-another-sucker/

Chris Polk is good also.
Portis is a good comparison for Miller, hadn't thought of that mostly because Portis hasn't resembled that version of himself in so many years.
laugh.gif

As far as Wilson goes, I don't really know of anybody I would compare him to other than maybe a slower McFadden. His running style is just odd and his vision/patience is just terrible at times. He isn't that shifty but he has superb leg drive and runs through tackles better than anybody I've seen at his size (though I'm not sure that will be a sustainable running style in the league). He gets a ton of YAC  from having insane balance and power after contact, but he probably leaves just as many yards on the field by missing easy reads and failing to set up his blockers. If he can ever develop his vision and patience he could be a great player, but I don't think he will contribute much early. He has as much physical upside as any RB in the draft though IMO.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Chris Polk is good also.
Portis is a good comparison for Miller, hadn't thought of that mostly because Portis hasn't resembled that version of himself in so many years.
laugh.gif

As far as Wilson goes, I don't really know of anybody I would compare him to other than maybe a slower McFadden. His running style is just odd and his vision/patience is just terrible at times. He isn't that shifty but he has superb leg drive and runs through tackles better than anybody I've seen at his size (though I'm not sure that will be a sustainable running style in the league). He gets a ton of YAC  from having insane balance and power after contact, but he probably leaves just as many yards on the field by missing easy reads and failing to set up his blockers. If he can ever develop his vision and patience he could be a great player, but I don't think he will contribute much early.

I tried so hard to not compare him to Clinton cause they were both Canes but the way they attack the line of scrimmage, cut back and decisively hit the hole with a burst of speed is just too similar. Clinton was more physical though...

I agree with you 100% about David Wilson. He will put up numbers if the hole is there cause he is to talented but he will have a lot of no yard runs if he doesnt improve.

well there goes us taking the best player available..

we dont have a shot at kalil.. and riley is more of a right tackle.. hmmmm

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

A right tackle would be a premium, being that your QB is a lefty, no?

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

A right tackle would be a premium, being that your QB is a lefty, no?

herremans did a good job there last year.. but we need someone who can move, considering some of the things we did with peters

If I'm Cleveland or Miami, regardless of his Pro Day, I'm still staying far away from Tanny. Not a believer in the slightest. Wait until next year's class for a franchise QB.

Donovan McNabb was very hard on Trent Richardson this morning on First Take. Cited the lack of top first-round value for RBs in recent years and Trent's apparent "ineffectiveness or inability" to be a receiver out of the backfield. Even said Ingram is more of a threat as a pass-catcher. In contrast, Michael Smith was top-5 or 10 high on Richardson and Skip was right in the middle (mid-first).

McNabb needs to keep those suit in the 1990s & early 2000s. Can someone please tell him those 8 button jackets aren't fly any more? He sounded real bitter...I hope he doesn't have a future in TV...

^He totally did sound bitter, but at the same time, his criticisms were on point. Especially as it relates to the Shanahan's and the ******** as an organization. I like him in the media...I think he'd balance out the Bruschi's and such of the media world, as long as the subject doesn't revolve around Donovan.

Only two players I've wanted in the draft as much as Trent were Suh and Calvin Johnson....hopefully the Browns don't Lion us.

McNabb is a certified clown. When the Skins traded for him Shanny sat him down and told him in breaking down his film, "These are the areas you need to improve and this is why Andy Reid thought it would be a good time to trade you. If we work at it we can fix those things and prove him wrong." McNabb didn't put in the work and was stubborn and hobbled by injuries/not being in great shape. It's not like they didn't use him in play actions, bootlegs, and moving the launching point quite often. Dude just missed on a lot of throws a good NFL qb should make and was washed up, which was evident when he flamed out in Minny too. When Rex Grossman came in towards the end of the year he did a much better job running the offense and moving the ball.

Originally Posted by AG 47

^He totally did sound bitter, but at the same time, his criticisms were on point. Especially as it relates to the Shanahan's and the ******** as an organization. I like him in the media...I think he'd balance out the Bruschi's and such of the media world, as long as the subject doesn't revolve around Donovan.

But that's the thing....when talking about the Shanahan's/********, McNabb HAS to be mentioned. He was just as much of a problem than the HC and the OC. Not surprising that he doesnt see himself as being part of the problem. Maybe someone should ask him if it's any coincidence he's been on 3 teams in 3 years. He's washed and a grade A clown.

He may be bitter, but what did he say about the Shanahan's that he didnt back up with Stats and numbers going back to Denver after Elway and T Davis left?

If you dont think Kyle and Mike are at least 50% of the problem, then maybe "clown" should be on the back of Yous guys T shirts too

Back
Top Bottom