The 2012 NFL Draft Thread, 4/26 8EST/5PST Vikings are on the clock

The Shannahans are indeed part of the problem, specifically Mike. He's way too rigid & resistant to change & adapt. Not trying to big up my Steelers but I knew Tomlin was going to be a solid coach because he didn't come in & try to install his Viking D because we didn't have that type personnel.

Mike Shannahan came in & changed the D even though his franchise just paid $100 mil for Haynesworth & that D wouldn't suit him. That whole situation got made into something that should not have been.

I don't think the skins will go anywhere with the Shannahans. I give them another 2 years or so before then get fired, maybe 3. I just hope they don't ruin RGIII. That would be a crime.

I have no idea what Donovan McNabb is talking about when he says quarterback Robert Griffin III isn't suited for the Washington ******** and coach Mike Shanahan's offense. How can a player as talented as Griffin not excel in Shanahan's offense, or in any offense for that matter? Griffin has a unique NFL skill set, which is well-rounded and adaptable to any scheme.

Is McNabb just bitter about his time in D.C.? He has to know that offenses are tailored to quarterbacks, not the other way around.

When McNabb first started with the Philadelphia Eagles in 1999, his skill set wasn't suited for the West Coast offense. McNabb lacked accuracy, timing and quick decision making, and in his first season he completed less than 50 percent of his passes. As Eagles coach Andy Reid learned more about what talents McNabb possessed as a quarterback, he then highlighted those talents, and McNabb quickly improved. It was not until his sixth season that McNabb was able to achieve a passer rating above 100 and eclipse 60 percent of his completions.

There was a long trial-and-error period for McNabb, and once Reid focused on the strengths of McNabb's game, and not trying to fit the system to the player, McNabb became much better. Even though many in Philadelphia claimed the Eagles were running the West Coast offense, in reality they were running the McNabb version of the West Coast, not the pure West Coast. Just because a team runs Y stick or X drive -- both core plays in the West Coast system -- doesn't make it a pure West Coast offense.

So when McNabb makes a ridiculous statement that Griffin can't function in Shanahan's offense, McNabb should know that the skill set of the player shapes the offense. The West Coast offense that he ran in Philadelphia was different than the Joe Montana version in San Francisco. McNabb and Montana clearly had different skills sets, different talents, therefore their coaches made the right adjustments to fit the offense around their individual games -- just like Shanahan will do in Washington with Griffin.

Rest of article in link

http://www.nfl.com/news/s...be-deadly?module=HP11_cp

Did Lombardi actually see everything McNabb said?

laugh.gif
cus he said all that, he said the WC offense he ran was different from what Favre and the like ran.

Ppl so quick to try and Kill McNabb's credibility but they didnt even read or see his entire statement.

McNabb also countered the
McNabb should know that the skill set of the player shapes the offense

by going thru how Shanahan HAS NOT shaped his offenses to fit the QBs skilled in the past.

why the +##@ would it be different now ?

Ha, ha, ha...LSU corner Morris Claiborne scored 4 (out of 50) on the Wonderlic test. How in the world did he get by at LSU. He must be taking the same classes homey took in Blue Chips, TV & basket weaving....I wonder if he can even comprehend an NFL defensive playbook or game plan with that type of IQ...How did he even qualify to get in LSU!?!

Originally Posted by psk2310

Ha, ha, ha...LSU corner Morris Claiborne scored 4 (out of 50) on the Wonderlic test. How in the world did he get by at LSU. He must be taking the same classes homey took in Blue Chips, TV & basket weaving....I wonder if he can even comprehend an NFL defensive playbook or game plan with that type of IQ...How did he even qualify to get in LSU!?!
LSU runs as intricate a defense as anyone in college....I'm sure he will be fine.

And is there a clip anywhere of what McNabb was saying?

There you go Dre.

Shanahan and McNabb are both clowns.

First things first, Shanahan brought this washed up clown in for early draft picks from a division rival only to bench him for Rex Grossman. So that either tells you how bad of an evaluator of QBs Mike is or how poor Donovan's play was. It was both. Still it was ultimately Mike's fault.

Secondly, for Donovan to list all those failed QBs under Shanahan yet forget to mention his own name is weak. Just admit that you didn't play well and move on.

All in all, i think THAT particular situation falls at the feet of Shanahan. He made that mistake.

Now its his turn to fix it and his chances are way better because RGIII is of a higher caliber than all those previous names (maybe outside of Cutler).

For my team's sake, I hope and pray somebody jumps up and takes Tannehill before we #@!* up and do. 
tired.gif

In a mock I am working on with some other folks, we landed Melvin Ingram and Jayron Hosley 1-2.  Giving us the best defense we've probably ever had.  (still need safety help tho) 
Get a QB next year. 

*crosses fingers* 

Billick mentioned someone leaked that score on Claiborne hopin he would drop to that team.  This is when all these teams turn into FBI agents tryin to get the drop on everyone. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

For my team's sake, I hope and pray somebody jumps up and takes Tannehill before we #@!* up and do. 
tired.gif

In a mock I am working on with some other folks, we landed Melvin Ingram and Jayron Hosley 1-2.  Giving us the best defense we've probably ever had.  (still need safety help tho) 
Get a QB next year. 

*crosses fingers* 

Billick mentioned someone leaked that score on Claiborne hopin he would drop to that team.  This is when all these teams turn into FBI agents tryin to get the drop on everyone. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i honestly look at ingram and dont see it, he looks like too much of a tweener and is gonna need an excellent system to produce

Originally Posted by dreClark

What does he lack that would stop him from being a productive player?

too small to be a productive DE and not atheletic enough/coverage skills to be an OLB

All I know is McNabb spent his whole career not being accurate on short passes and Shanahan seemed to be shocked to discover that he couldn't run his system that seemed to be predicated on short passes.

Im saying , this guy is not athletic enough...

top 2 (outta all DL and LBs) in 3 cone shuttle drill and top 6 for LBs and top 3 for DL in short shuttle at the combine

Luck working out for the Colts today.

Im hoping they just start negotiations soon, although I doubt it.

Nothing really to negotiate. the contracts are basically slotted because of rookie Cap and wage scale.

Yeah youre right, I forgot about that.

Then I just hope Indy says theyre taking Luck.

Originally Posted by Durden7

RG3 declined working out for the Colts as well.  

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Durden7

RG3 declined working out for the Colts as well.  

Yeah I saw that, I forget where I read it but the Skins arent working RG3 out either and since he's basically guaranteed a top 2 spot, why risk an injury (even though the likelihood of it is small)

Back
Top Bottom