The 2012 NFL Draft Thread, 4/26 8EST/5PST Vikings are on the clock

Gilmore or Claiborne were the names mentioned with the Vikes. 

Makes me think they are the ones smokesignaling to increase their value for a trade down. 

Cleveland would have no need for Kalil, Tampa could take him, but I think they have bigger plans than an Olineman at 5.  But if Kalil was there, they should def take him. 

In the end, I think Vikes get ignored and take Kalil as they should. 

I like to look at drafttek.com mock drafts. Its based on a computer simulation so i think that takes some of the bias out. And they have a tool where you can build your own mock draft based on teem needs.

Plus during the draft they will be continually updating the mock as picks come in.

http://www.drafttek.com/CMDRound1.asp

I've never been a fan of Dre as a CB. Honestly. Always thought Menzie > Dre. Not terribly high on Gilmore either. I'd rather take the chance of Janoris.

I have a feeling we don't stay at pick #5 
nerd.gif
...either move up to #3 for Richardson, or move back a little for Kuechly. Those are the two I think the Bucs really want. Drafting Kalil would be stupid. We might end up having the best line in the league for the next 5 years, but we at the moment we literally have ONE RB on roster (and he can't pass block/catch/remember any plays besides giving him the ball for a draw and make an athletic play, plus he fumbles every chance he gets and has a crappy attitude) and we only have 1 starting caliber LB. We also need a safety and probably a corner.
Oh, and Michael Floyd > Blackmon. Floyd is going to be a monster for whoever gets him. I pray the Panthers don't draft either him, Cox or Kuechly. Dude's are going to be haunting my dreams for years to come if that happens.

Richardson, RG3, Kuechly, Cox and Floyd will turn out to be the best players out of this draft IMO.

Meh, I like him but not as a top 10 pick. Why aren't people that high on Jerel Worthy? I think dude is going to be a %%%%@*# beast for whoever gets him. I wouldn't be dissapointed at all if we traded back like 10 spots and grabbed him and an extra 2nd and 3rd rounder.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Meh, I like him but not as a top 10 pick. Why aren't people that high on Jerel Worthy? I think dude is going to be a %%%%@*# beast for whoever gets him. I wouldn't be dissapointed at all if we traded back like 10 spots and grabbed him and an extra 2nd and 3rd rounder.

there are a ton of good DTs in this draft.. cox, brockers, poe, worthy, still, reyes, thompson, wolfe, martin and ta'amu

if the eagles can get kuechly in the 1st.. i still hope we can get 1 or 2 out of that group (reyes and wolfe are good fits)

Man.....after watching some highlights of Worthy I can't understand why he wouldn't be drafted til the end of the 1st. He has all the explosiveness and nastiness you need out of your DT. He's made his way up to my #2 ranked trade back candidate behind Kuechly now. We haven't had anybody like him since Sapp. McCoy and Price are made of glass.

*I don't agree with Floyd > Blackmon, at all.
Originally Posted by psk2310

What in the world are the Vikes going to do? They need a CB really bad & an LT. They could also use a WR since Harvin seems to be so fragile. Any Vike fans wanna chime in to say what you'd like them to see what they do with their pick?

They're going to take Matt Kalil and not look back, as they should.

In this awful off-season for the Vikings they've signed a lot of !%**%# CBs and WRs... but no LTs. Those guys are spot fillers and not mainstays, but that tells me they're taking Kalil as they should.

Honestly, now that Chris Cook is back (which was an uncertainty) and Antoine Winfield MIGHT be supposedly healthy for once, (while still bad) CB isn't as dire of a need as it once was. I'm more worried about the safety position to be honest with you. Who's going to be playing there for the Vikes?!?!?!?

I love Justin Blackmon, but he would be a reach at #3 overall. And while it would intriguing to give Ponder a weapon that he could grow with in Minnesota, it wouldn't be great value. The Vikings have a lot of picks, maybe they could trade up and snatch Floyd after taking Kalil. Floyd is a Minnesota-native.

Loving this feature on E:60 about RGIII

The night he won the Heisman, he went and worked out in the hotel at 2:30am.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The Chris Johnson and Kenny Turner story was good too. Pulling for him to get drafted now.

Originally Posted by The Wizard

I've never been a fan of Dre as a CB. Honestly. Always thought Menzie > Dre. Not terribly high on Gilmore either. I'd rather take the chance of Janoris.
This is my thoughts exactly.  I am hoping the Lions pick up Hightower in the first and hope that Jenkins is available in the 2nd.  I am not to high on Kirkpatrick or Gilmore as being top cover corners at the next level.  Hightower is going to be a stud and Lions need legit starters, and a LB to replace Levy would be a huge plus.

menzie is Mad Physical but is a Mental ******.

He's all over the place

He definitely has a spot in the league as 3rd CB

janoris and Dre are going to get Exfoliated (
laugh.gif
) in the League.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

menzie is Mad Physical but is a Mental ******.

He's all over the place

He definitely has a spot in the league as 3rd CB

Sleeper I Won’t Be At All
Surprised to See the Patriots Take a Late Flyer On:

DeQuan Menzie, Alabama. 5-11, 202, 4.74

Menzie comes out of the Nick Saban system where he played the “star

Originally Posted by zube42

I can see TB trading for that 3 spot for Richardson.

If all it takes is our 3rd I'd be down. Then we could probably trade back in the 2nd and recoup that 3rd. I really do think we're going to trade up for him. Please happen. I'm tired of seeing guys like him go right in front of us only for us to watch them have Hall of Fame careers. Richardson + Blount with the o-line that we have plus a motivated and finally well-coached Freeman throwing to V-Jax, K2, Mike Williams and Benn has a chance to be elite. Just adding Claiborne isn't going to make our defense anywhere near elite. I just think everything Richardson is about is exactly what Schiano wants. Him and Kuechly are the only two guys i can see being "Schiano's guys". So IMO it's going to come down to either moving up for Trent, taking Kuechly at #5 or trading back.

Menzie as a FS... I can dig it.

Ive always thought he was the best player in that Bama Secondary... but his top end speed will make it hard to play outside.

he basically played same position as Javier Arenas at the "star" position.

Belichek Likes him? not surprised

Originally Posted by psk2310

What in the world are the Vikes going to do? They need a CB really bad & an LT. They could also use a WR since Harvin seems to be so fragile. Any Vike fans wanna chime in to say what you'd like them to see what they do with their pick?

Vikings will draft Matt Kalil.  we have 10 picks in the draft. Corners are deep.

Back
Top Bottom