The 2012 NFL Draft Thread, 4/26 8EST/5PST Vikings are on the clock

Originally Posted by CP1708

I want to get sort of a list of where team needs are and what they will address for sure at some point EARLY in the draft.  For instance

QB
Miami
Denver
Seattle
Indy
KC
San Fran???

COULD all go QB early. 

Oline
Bears
Lions
Steelers
NYG --LB #2
Ravens???
Cowboys???

Defense
NE both picks
GB  (Safety)
Philly (LB)
Houston (DT)   WR#2
Carolina (CB, DT)

Weapons
Jax
Clev
Cincy  (RB)
Tampa
STL
Jets???

BPA
Bills
Vikings
SD

No 1st round
Oak
N.O.
Atl

What do you guys think for the other teams?  Are there any teams that MUST take an o-lineman?  Or HAVE to go all defense early?  Should there be another team on the QB list? 
Once we have all the teams, I'll clean it all up and drop it in the OP for safekeeping. 
We could also have a BPA (Best Player Available) type category, for a team like Minnesota, they could go WR, O-Line, or even secondary, LB, whatever.  Simply put, BPA when they pick.  Make sense?  
Need 3 more teams, Arizona, Washington, and Tennessee. 

I'm guessing Arizona needs BPA,  Tenn I'm leaning.....OL???  Washington, do they go QB round 1?  Go after Griffin or possibly Foles or Tannehille?  What do you guys think on these 4?  
nerd.gif

Kev, you sure you wouldn't get a big WR to put with Smith til he's gone, plus keep with Cam for the next several years?  You just figure can get one of those later or something? 

Tennessee gonna be lookin for a damn running back if this keeps up.  What did that guy do during the lockout? 
sick.gif

Almost positive that the Skins are going to take the 4th QB off the board.  Griffin or Tannehille.  Not sure if round 1 or not, but no way they stick with Rex and Beck after this year. 
laugh.gif
  I just thought of something, maybe we could trade them Henne. 
smokin.gif
roll.gif
 That's for talkin about Lamar Miller all the time J's. 
laugh.gif

Hopefully the Jags can snag Blackmon if still available whenever they draft, if not fix that secondary asap

I really hope they don't take a chance on Alshon though

At this point, if anyone gets Justin Blackmon not named Cleveland, I will be mortified.

There's plenty of good/serviceable WR's in this draft, but none of them are really in JB's class.

I can't go another Sunday watching these bums trot out there and attempt to resemble NFL wide receivers.
sick.gif
tired.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Carolina should unquestionably go defense.  That offense with those RB's, TE's and Smith is good for a while.

As a Jet fan, we need someone on the D.Line or OLB who can get to the QB consistently, its been a gaping hole on this team since John Abraham left and that was years ago now.  Any potential impact OLB's or DE's going 20+ range?

Barkely: good QB and excels with NFL talent around him.

Luck: great QB with not one player going to the NFL except his LT and TE.

As a Dolphin fan, I wouldn't mind either one.

Originally Posted by rashi

Luck: great QB with not one player going to the NFL except his LT and TE.
They have like 3 NFL tight ends, and 2 top 15 o lineman, and I wouldn't even mind that one running back they have, can't think of his name, #25 I think, that kid has been good every time I see him.  They have quite a few kids that could be playin on Sunday's man. 

Airmax, Curry.  Vinny Curry.  But make ZERO mistake, the Patriots people are already salivating over that kid, it could be a dogfight to get to him.  You may need to trade up just to block them.  As of now he's projected near the early 20's, but if he keeps beasting, he may move up quite a bit. 

I just looked at Stanford's depth chart, my lord their 3rd string is 6'8 263 lbs. 
laugh.gif

Stanford has NFL guys on their D as well.

Luck gets too much credit for their success (he's still phenomenal and obviously the main man).

Harbaugh was doing the damn thing during his short stint in Palo Alto.

I know their starting FS is the biz, who didn't play, but I wasn't too impressed with anyone else.

The poise of Luck, though.
eek.gif
Throw a pick 6 and march the squad down the field.

If you're an NFL GM and you have the choice to draft either Michael Floyd or Alshon Jeffery, who do you pick?

Originally Posted by dreClark

They're still missing Shane Skov on D too
Beat me to it.  Was coming in here to bring him up.  I LOVE this kid.

4174856_f260.jpg

Absolute animal.

What's his injury situation?
nerd.gif

If you're an NFL GM and you have the choice to draft either Michael Floyd or Alshon Jeffery, who do you pick?
This is honestly a very tough one for me.  So many different variables and they both have off the field concerns.  Neither one of them are burners.

I want to say Alshon but I don't feel that confident in doing do.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Floyd.

DaComeUP wrote:
DoubleJs07 wrote:

Floyd.

Either or? I take Jeffery, but ideally I want both, and I don't have a ton of concern about either guy.
Look underage drinking on a college campus is prevalent. Notre Dame is easy to get caught doing that there, so while no pass I would reserve the right to take away bonus money for alcohol related incidents.
But talent wise I think Jeffery is a bit better

I think I lean Floyd too, but I watched him murder us last December.  I need to see Alshon more, maybe I'd change my mind. 

Will Billy Winn still be around in the late 1st round? Dudes a stud and I'd love to have another Boise guy on the Pack.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by SCuse7

dreClark wrote:Really?
alright maybe not, I just don't think Jeffery is that good
Why?

He just doesn't seem explosive enough for me, I think of Mike Williams when i see when. I maybe haven't seen enough, but just watching him I don't get a feeling like he would be a top tier wideout.

I'm taking Jeffery, great hands, route running ennnnh, after the catch
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
What exactly is he doing after the catch?

Originally Posted by jville819

pimp.gif
What exactly is he doing after the catch?

Having Ninja Turtle shoulders.

Back
Top Bottom