The 2012 NFL Draft Thread, 4/26 8EST/5PST Vikings are on the clock

^ i want the eagles to go LB in the 1st, but every eagles' fan knows that won't happen unless there is a change in the philosophy of the front office..

HOWEVER, because of andy's penchant for taking players who are either mormon or from notre dame.. manti te'o might be that exception to the above stated rule (since he is mormon AND from ND)

more realistically, i see us going either OLine (specifically for a right tackle) or DT.. depending on what is within our range (whether it be us moving up or who we see sliding and can pick up value, while still getting our guy)

I could also see us drafting a QB who can sit and learn for 2/3 years..

or going with a DE, if a top rated guy slips.. but this depends on how graham plays the next couple of months and if we decide to keep babin beyond this year..

as the giants have shown, you can never have enough good DEs

My man just told Griffin run track for baylor 2 and already got his bachelors he takin masters classs right now
laugh.gif
might be a better pick up than Barkley

Originally Posted by CP1708

I want to get sort of a list of where team needs are and what they will address for sure at some point EARLY in the draft.  For instance

QB
Miami
Denver
Seattle
Indy
KC
San Fran???

COULD all go QB early. 

Oline
Bears
Lions
Steelers
Ravens???
Cowboys???

Defense
NE both picks
GB  (Safety)
Philly (LB)

Weapons
Jax
Clev
Cincy  (RB)
Jets???

BPA
Bills
Vikings
Texans

No 1st round
Oak
N.O.
Atl

What do you guys think for the other teams?  Are there any teams that MUST take an o-lineman?  Or HAVE to go all defense early?  Should there be another team on the QB list? 
Once we have all the teams, I'll clean it all up and drop it in the OP for safekeeping. 
We could also have a BPA (Best Player Available) type category, for a team like Minnesota, they could go WR, O-Line, or even secondary, LB, whatever.  Simply put, BPA when they pick.  Make sense? 

Updated.  

I know it was mentioned already but come on CP, no Claiborne in the first round? I'm almost certain he gets picked over Kirkpatrick and Dennard. Not saying he is better but teams are all over this guy.

Vikings initial needs are WR, OL, and CB.

Playmaking receiver, hopefully Blackmon.

At corner, Cedric Griffin hasn't been too great this year, sometimes okay, coming off those surgeries. Given the age of Winfield, Minnesota probably has to go DB.

Need an O-Line or two to keep building the foundation of that offense. Keep the holes there for AP and protect Ponder.

Originally Posted by bigtomgetsgwap

My man just told Griffin run track for baylor 2 and already got his bachelors he takin masters classs right now
laugh.gif

Dude is VERY smart...wants to go to law school.  Baylor is a great school, too. 

^ Mo Claiborne the #1 corner as well.
pimp.gif

That looks a lot more realistic to me.
laugh.gif

Barkley and Keuchly.  I could rock w/ that...

Personally, I wouldn't touch a QB in the top 10 of this draft unless his name is Luck or Barkley.

^ i could actually see us drafting according to that mock.. the mormon/ND thing has to help te'o with us

1st:
Philadelphia Eagles: Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame
I know, I know, Andy Reid doesn't draft linebackers in the first round. But people said the same thing about Jerry Jones and offensive tackles prior to this past April.

Reid will be on the hot seat if the Eagles don't make the playoffs. He'll be desperate and may adjust his drafting strategy. Besides, Manti Te'o is the best player available and would provide an enormous instant upgrade in the linebacking corps.

2nd:
Philadelphia Eagles: Levy Adcock, OT, Oklahoma State
The Eagles paid their quarterback a ton of money, so they can't afford to have him running for his life every single week. Help is desperately needed at right tackle.

Philadelphia Eagles: Jared Crick, DT, Nebraska
Mike Patterson isn't a particularly effective player, so the Eagles could use some help at defensive tackle. Jared Crick seems like a perfect fit for Jim Washburn's system.

3rd:
Philadelphia Eagles: Kevin Reddick, ILB, North Carolina
Andy Reid hates drafting linebackers, but he may have to change his strategy after this disaster of a season.

Originally Posted by bigtomgetsgwap

laugh.gif
I like Griffin better than Barkley all around.  He moves better, has a good arm and makes better throws from what I have been able to see comparing the two.  Barkley is to stiff sometimes in the pocket and I just for some reason think he will be a bust at the next level.

I'm not the biggest Barkley fan myself, but I still think he can be a good NFL quarterback.

I think with him more than others, his success will be more dependant on the team that drafts him and the weapons they have.

Texans need the meanest nastiest nose tackle available followed by a wide receiver.

Another defensive back would be nice, also a offensive guard, maybe another inside linebacker, a pass rusher wouldn't hurt either.

Plus I can't forget another Wisconsin tight end.
laugh.gif

I think Barkley's ceiling is about Eli Manning, which I'm fine with.

I don't see how he will flat out bust, though.  His mechanics are too solid, he reads defenses too well and he seems like he has a really good head on his shoulders.

He's a much safer pick to me than RG3 or Landry Jones.

Does anyone know what Russel Wilsons deal is out of Wisconsin?

I know he got drafted by the Colorado Rockies. But the reason he went to Wisconsin to play another year was for his dad an ex NFL player who died recently. Is he going in the draft? Can he go in the draft even though he got drafted by the Rockies? Does he have NFL talent? I think so.

He's got the arm, he's accurate, he's got speed. The only knock on him is that he's only 5'11. Same problem with Kellen Moore. None of this matters though if hes going to the MLB. I just havent heard $!#% about what hes doing after this year.

Originally Posted by CP1708

I want to get sort of a list of where team needs are and what they will address for sure at some point EARLY in the draft.  For instance

QB
Miami
Denver
Seattle
Indy
KC
San Fran???

COULD all go QB early. 

Oline
Bears
Lions
Steelers
NYG --LB #2
Ravens???
Cowboys???

Defense
NE both picks
GB  (Safety)
Philly (LB)
Houston (DT)   WR#2

Weapons
Jax
Clev
Cincy  (RB)
Jets???

BPA
Bills
Vikings

No 1st round
Oak
N.O.
Atl

What do you guys think for the other teams?  Are there any teams that MUST take an o-lineman?  Or HAVE to go all defense early?  Should there be another team on the QB list? 
Once we have all the teams, I'll clean it all up and drop it in the OP for safekeeping. 
We could also have a BPA (Best Player Available) type category, for a team like Minnesota, they could go WR, O-Line, or even secondary, LB, whatever.  Simply put, BPA when they pick.  Make sense?  
Updated

My biggest fear with Barkley is Sanchez and Leinart......see where I'm goin with that? 
ohwell.gif
  I like the kid, have since the Ohio St game his freshman year, but his lineage worries me greatly. 

^ i could see us being a sneaky team for a late 1st round QB, if someone were to slid.. since we could potentially have 3 2nd round picks

and we're either going defensive tackle, right tackle, linebacker and/or defensive end in the first.. first 3 are needs since i see herremans moving back to LG after this season

If Eli had the career he's had up to date currently but in another city besides NY how would he be perceived?

About the same? Maybe how we look at Cutler now?

The USC concerns are warranted, I guess.

But I don't think you can really hold that against him.

Barkley is a dude that's ALL about football.

Can't say the same for the other 2.

Matt was a regular on the ASU party scene while he was in Arizona.
laugh.gif

matt_leinart_parties_underage_girls_beer_bong.jpg

I don't think I need to refresh you on Sanchize.  We've both been hard on that boy for a while now.
laugh.gif

When I brought up Eli, I was talking actual playing style and what he's capable of doing.

Not career achievements or perception.  Eli and Cutler couldn't be further polar opposites as far as playing style goes (I know that's not what you were inferring).
laugh.gif

I got burned on here before when I said a certain prospect was closer to one of the top prospects than most people think, so I'm not gonna quite go there again.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom