The 2012 NFL Draft Thread, 4/26 8EST/5PST Vikings are on the clock

Really happy with the Vikings draft. Wanted Kalil, got him and extra picks to go along with it... traded back into the first and grabbed much needed secondary help, though I personally wanted Hill with that pick.. secondary was a MUCH bigger need for us and I'm glad we filled a hole in the D. Now go out and trade back into the 2nd and grab a CB as well! Make it happen Spiel!

[table][tr][td][table][tr][td][table][tr][td][table][tr][td][table][tr][td]
Claiborne says he completed only 15-to-18 Wonderlic questions

Posted by Mike Florio on April 27, 2012, 12:47 AM EDT

One of the more surprising stores in advance of the draft related to the score generated by cornerback Morris Claiborne on the Wonderlic test.  He scored only a four, and after being selected by the Cowboys with the sixth pick in the draft, he spoke about the test.

“That test don’t tell me who I am and what time of guy I am and what kind of ability I have,
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by Nawzlew

Was this posted yet?
Animation15_medium.gif

roll.gif
pimp.gif

^^^Don't all the Panthers LBs have ACL tears? No way they're loaded on LB
laugh.gif
Beason is a beast though

I think it's easy to say the losers of draft were the Browns & Seahawks. As for the Browns, getting Weeden
and Richardson isn't really bad at all. They have a lot of holes to feel, but I wouldn't be mad if I got a QB who
is already much better than Colt McCoy, and probably better than Tennenhill will ever be, and something close
to a franchise RB.

As for the Hawks, Irvin is a definite 2nd/3rd rounder, but with what they have already, he'll fit right in. It's just
the fact they picked him over possibly 5 other DEs that's mind blowing.

Cowgirls were winners getting Claiborne with Carr, but unless they end up trading Jenkins, Ball, and Sensabaugh,
teams will just burn whoever is in the slot, and it will be the same ol story. Niners are pretty stacked at WR if Crabtree
lives up to his own hype. Steelers grabbed a nasty dude i was hoping the Texans would get in the 2nd round.

That Mercilus pick was a good one, as WRs/TEs will now hold a hell of a lot more value in the 2nd round. If the Colts
don't pull some crap and try to recreate Peyton/Clark with Luck/Fleener, then I'm pulling for Fleener, Randle, Jeffery,
or possibly Hill for the Texans. That gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Buc Em

One of the more surprising stores in advance of the draft related to the score generated by cornerback Morris Claiborne on the Wonderlic test.  He scored only a four, and after being selected by the Cowboys with the sixth pick in the draft, he spoke about the test.

“That test don’t tell me who I am and what time of guy I am and what kind of ability I have,
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Buc Em wrote:
Are you stupid? Because the statements he made make him sound even more like an idiot. Nah, take that back, the statements he made CEMENTS the dude is being a %@!+%*% idiot. Because "da test don't got nuttin to do wit footbawl i don't see no need in takin dat test". You serious? Be a grown man and answer some middle school level questions like your supposed to for 15 damn minutes and then go be an NFL player. Our secondary coach obviously isn't going to have "that type of pull" for them to pick whoever he wants, but obviously when you're talking about a guy that was HIS RESPONSIBILITY to coach and be with for the past 3 years of his life and his entire college playing career, watched the guy in every practice and game right in front of him the Bucs coaching staff is definitely going to listen up for any red flags he knows of...because if anybody would know them it would be him. And what "draft blunders" do you speak of from the Bucs? McCoy has been injured the past two seasons but everyone in the draft had him pegged as being right behind Suh, and when he has been in the game he's been a game changer. When he went out again last season is when the front 7 fell apart and the losing streak started...they were 4-2 coming off wins against the Saints and Falcons at that point. Clayborn was a great pick, and this time a year ago people were all geeked up on Freeman after a 10-6 season and 25 TD's and 6 INT's in pretty much his rookie year.
If Raheem Morris was still head coach there's no doubt in my mind we would have picked up Janoris Jenkins and Vontaze Burfict instead of Mark Barron and Doug Martin yesterday.

You actually think taking Mark Barron over Mo Claiborne was a good thing. Nothing else needs to be said here.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“That test don’t tell me who I am and what time of guy I am and what kind of ability I have,[/font]

Originally Posted by peter80warrick

not happy with the panthers pick at all. they are already loaded at LB, whereas CB and DT suck

Meh, Thomas Davis is coming off three ACL repairs. I'm more than pleased with picking up Luke Kuechly. Not only did we get the best LB in the draft, but we got one of the best defensive players. 

Nothing of what Minnesota did, excites me. Probably nabbed two very solid pro's, but this draft will probably do nothing but add a solid core around some nice superstars (to come later?)

Seahawks pick...I love! #15 was no man's land anyway and Bruce Irvin is EXACTLY what they were looking for. Listening to this kid too...Man, he is a savvy kid. Probably already up there with Earl as my favorite Seahawk.

Someone did my dude dirty
30t6p3b.gif

The Rutgers wide receiver was on the edge of his seat late in the first round, with the Bengals on the clock at No. 27, when his phone rang. The voice on the other end of the phone identified himself as being from the Bengals, and said Cincinnati was about to pick him. Sanu and those in his draft party exploded in excitement, and agent Mike McCartney even tweeted that Sanu was a Bengal. Then Cincinnati pick Zeitler.

His agent even tweeted the "news" that Sanu was going to be a Bengal, but later had to tweet this:

Very cruel prank call to a Sanu tonight - very sad that someone would do that. My apologies to the twitter world for my tweet.

Tough night. We all get knocked down in life and we gotta get back up. I believe in Mohamed Sanu as a player and person!

http://sports.yahoo.com/b...53947666.html#more-23381

Never really followed college football nor the draft.. So I just wanted to know which round usually has the biggest drop in talent and how significant are the early rounds?

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

I need the Bears to figure out a way to get a decent corner in this 2nd round.

I go for broke and take Jenkins. We miss too often on 2nd and 3rd rounders to really care about if Jenkins even becomes Sam Hurd

Back
Top Bottom