The 2012 NFL Draft Thread, 4/26 8EST/5PST Vikings are on the clock

So much value and great talent remaining in the second-round. Mid-level teams (7-8 wins) should be feasting on extra picks. STL just taught every organization how to rebuild, given the fortunate luxury of Bradford. I'm honestly more excited for today than the first day of the draft. Would love for the Eagles to snag Dennard at some point today.

651akathePaul -- I personally think the explosiveness that James brings to the field is what the Broncos lack extremely at this point. Watching the game film of Chris Polk , I just feel he lacks the acceleration, Stamina and breakaway speed (low 4.6 40 i believe he ran?) that we need. Polk is a safer pick without a doubt. But with what the Broncos need is speed and game changing ability from the tailback position. I'd even consider Lamar Miller a better pick than Polk.

ChampCruThik --- I like Alshon Jeffery alot also, if he was to fall to the Broncos in the 3rd/4th round I would hope we take him if we don't take Hill. I just don't see him lasting that long. He is not 2nd round worthy.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Lavonte David and Jerel Worthy are gonna beasts for whoever gets them. I really like TY Hilton, Tank Carder and Josh Norman in the 4th too. And Josh Robinson in the 3rd.
I hope he goes to a team that runs crazy defensive formations

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

You don't want Lamichael on the Broncos. Stephen Hill is a much more suitable pick.

6732631662a2e76b89107fc73e37de828c5e2fd9_r.gif

Golden, on the contrary, I think Jeffery is first-round worthy. Only like Blackmon and Floyd over him. Wish the Eagles had even more second-round picks. Yes, I'm greedy. Will we see a lot of trading up to the top of the second like yesterday?

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

I need the Bears to figure out a way to get a decent corner in this 2nd round.

I go for broke and take Jenkins. We miss too often on 2nd and 3rd rounders to really care about if Jenkins even becomes Sam Hurd

I want him too but I don't think he'll be there unfortunately.  If we could get him, a OT, and a decent safetly I'd feel good about this draft

So you think the Colts will draft Luck's TE Fleener to give him his Dallas Clark 2.0 or do you think they'll draft LB Courtney Upshaw for Pagano's D?

ChampCruThik --- Is Alshon a #1 receiver though is the question? I believe Blackmon is and will be a legit #1 option(Dez Bryant like), with the only thing holding him back is the QB situation in Jacksonville. Blaine Gabbert is not a starting NFL quarterback. As far as trades go, I see more trades in the middle of round 2 as opposed to the top of it.

psk2310 --- if the Colts are smart they will draft Fleener. They have NOTHING on offense outside of an old Reggie Wayne. No running back / TE/ Receiver. With a TE being a rookie QB best friend, why not give Luck somebody he knows already and understands where to put the ball on.

Fleener makes way too much sense with the Stanford connection, but I personally wouldn't pass on Upshaw's first-round value. Could always grab Allen, Egnew, Charles, or Green later.

GT, that's a good question and the answer is honestly maybe, maybe not. Jeffery is probably more a fringe #1 like Floyd, but based on value if Floyd and Jeffery both end up productive #2s, isn't that great for Jeffery based on pick placement if he goes in the second? Blackmon is more Q Boldin to me than Dezzy.

ChampCruThik ---- Depending on which team takes the chance on Alshon will determine if he has 2nd round value. For instance, If he goes to a team like the Rams or Browns , he will look like 3rd/4th round value. But a team like the Panthers would make him appear to have 1st/2nd round value. If i was the GM of Carolina, I would without question use pick #40 on him. Just a perfect fit. Young stud QB with an aging veteran WR to teach him and a legit running game to keep the defense honest.

Hopefully Janoris Jenkins is available at #40 for us. I'm not concerned about all the off the field issues. He'll be in a great, secure situation here in Carolina.

I like Still better than Worthy. But I might just being biased because Still is from my hometown (Wilmington,Delaware). You can't go wrong with either though as a staple upfront. Both could end up being like Albert Haynesworth (play hard when they want to)

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52641

.gif analysis of the 1st round

Spoiler [+]
Do you really want to read blocks of text breaking down each pick for you? Of course not, you want something short and sweet. Which is why I give you my first round analysis, presented in the form of animated gifs. After all, a picture is worth a thousand words.

1. Indianapolis Colts - Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford

2w2igc6.jpg

2. Washington ******** - Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor

20fst9g.jpg

3. Cleveland Browns - Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama

e9bw9z.jpg

4. Minnesota Vikings - Matt Kalil, OT, USC

30wy3yc.jpg

5. Jacksonville Jaguars - Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State

33wppjl.jpg

6. Dallas Cowboys - Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU

2dikpoo.jpg

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Mark Barron, S, Albama

2la4htv.jpg

8. Miami Dolphins - Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M

298s2c.jpg

9. Carolina Panthers - Luke Kuechley, LB, Boston College

2wc1gkx.jpg

10. Buffalo Bills - Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina

2dhf9kh.jpg

11. Kansas City Chiefs - Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis

kcar1d.jpg

12. Philadelphia Eagles - Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi State

2lbdhly.jpg

13. Arizona Cardinals - Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame

24lpwes.jpg

14. St. Louis Rams - Michael Brockers, DT, LSU

229532.gif

15. Seattle Seahawks - Bruce Irvin, DE/OLB, West Virginia

2vrvny8.jpg

closet.gif

2ceneyc.jpg

16. New York Jets - Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina

1547y4h.jpg

17. Cincinnati Bengals - Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama

x2kya1.jpg

18. San Diego Chargers - Melvin Ingram, DE/OLB, South Carolina

311nbt5.jpg

19. Chicago Bears - Shea McClellin, DE, Boise State

e6eo8h.jpg

20. Tennessee Titans - Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor

cenak.gif

21. New England Patriots - Chandler Jones, DE/OLB, Syracuse

6jin2u.jpg

22. Cleveland Browns - Brandon Weeden, QB, Oklahoma State

phk1.jpg

21mrdhk.jpg

2ds3jo5.jpg

2ry6fd3.jpg

1ovjut.jpg

b7kmr7.jpg

2nm0wb6.jpg

2wh2nix.jpg

110bs52.jpg

so4g0k.jpg

23. Detroit Lions - Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa

ws0l20.jpg

24. Pittsburgh Steelers - David DeCastro, OG, Stanford

27yv7lw.jpg

25. New England Patriots - Dont'a Hightower, DE/ILB/OLB, Alabama

2colbb8.jpg

26. Houston Texans - Whitney Mercilus, DE/OLB, Illinois

1424wtk.jpg

27. Cincinnati Bengals - Kevin Zeitler, OG, Wisconsin

vh5e89.jpg

28. Green Bay Packers - Nick Perry, DE/OLB, USC

33ucwi8.jpg

29. Minnesota Vikings - Harrison Smith, S, Notre Dame

muirrn.jpg

30. San Francisco 49ers - A.J. Jenkins, WR, Illinois

9sdthz.jpg

31. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Doug Martin, RB, Boise State

n4fjfa.jpg

32. New York Giants - David Wilson, RB, Virginia Tech

j91uag.jpg

Packers may snag McCoy. I hope the browns get exposed for putting a 30 year old rookie in front of colt for no reason. As I said before I think colt can be good. Watch him become better than Flynn and perhaps the Packers actually get something out of it this time.

On the other hand I would really like to see the packers draft my boy Russel Wilson late and see what he can become. I'd have something to be excited about again when Rodgers gets benched.

Originally Posted by Jay02

Packers may snag McCoy. I hope the browns get exposed for putting a 30 year old rookie in front of colt for no reason. As I said before I think colt can be good. Watch him become better than Flynn and perhaps the Packers actually get something out of it this time.

On the other hand I would really like to see the packers draft my boy Russel Wilson late and see what he can become. I'd have something to be excited about again when Rodgers gets benched.
No stay away 
mad.gif

I want the Eagles to get him. 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom