The 2012 NFL Draft Thread, 4/26 8EST/5PST Vikings are on the clock

I wouldn't mind McCoy as a backup to Vick for a sixth or seventh. Eagles linked to Cousins as well. Interested to see where he, Osweiler, and Foles go. Thought Cleveland should have rebuilded around Colt instead of taking Weeden at #22.

I'd rather take Wilson or Cousins personally. Don't see Brock coming here because Reid doesn't really mess with tall QBs like that nowadays.

Patriots first round choices
pimp.gif

Doo doo browns still being the browns... McCoy can be a decent QB. Weeden is statue in the pocket. That might fly in college but he's gonna get creamed in the pros. He stares down receivers & waits too long to pass. Add to that shumur runs the stupidest/predictable version of what's supposed to be the west coast offense... I guess the AFC North needed the door mat team.

I'll be happy if the Steelers get one of these guys in the 2nd round; Vandy CB Casey Hayward, Clemsom DT Brandon Thompson, Washington DT Alameda Ta'amu, UCONN DT Kendall Reyes, PSU DT Devon Still, & California OT Mitchell Schwartz.

I'd really like Mitchell Schwartz. Don Banks has the Steelers picking up Alameda Ta'amu.

Weeden is better than Tannehill and no so much different than Andy Dalton. Cleveland did well. Colt isn't a guy to build a team around...Championship team, that is.

Agree about Weeden being better than Tanny, but I hate the Dalton comparison many draft analysts are using and Cleveland fans are hoping. I don't think the tape on Dalton and Weeden is similar. In addition, Weeden will have five less years on his career than Dalton based on age. Also don't like the fact Weeden turned the ball over far too much in big games against OU and Texas.

It's because they're both orange.

I haven't compared the two side by side before, but I wasn't really referring to much of the mechanics or things. Moreso, the *cough* intangibles *cough

Majority of Miami fans have no one to blame but themselves if Tanny doesn't pan out after pressuring the ownership into the selection. I understand you need a franchise QB to win a SB, but Moore for a year and drafting in a QB heavy 2013 class is wiser.

I hope the Browns and Trent do good this year. I'm pullin for em...Trent's still my guy even though we didn't get em. They gotta chance with the Steelers and Ravens defenses getting older. They could possibly have Alshon, Sanu, Randle and Hill all to pick from when their pick comes in the 2nd, wonder which one they grab. Although they could go with Glenn or Jonathan Martin if they're still there.

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Majority of Miami fans have no one to blame but themselves if Tanny doesn't pan out after pressuring the ownership into the selection. I understand you need a franchise QB to win a SB, but Moore for a year and drafting in a QB heavy 2013 class is wiser.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I've been saying this since the Dolphins were out of the Luck/RG3 race.... dammit... [/color]
30t6p3b.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]we'll know in two years.[/color]

Don't know if you share this sentiment, but a close buddy of mine is an avid Miami fan and strongly preferred the best defensive player in the front seven at #8 or trading down. Surely the Dolphins need a receiver, Randle may be a good fit in Rounds 2-3. More I watch Nebraska tape, more I love Dennard and David from their defense. Prince got way too much shine last year compared to the other two prospects I named. Would love David to play the will for us next to Ryans. Legitimate playmaker in a 4-3 scheme.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I haven't compared the two side by side before, but I wasn't really referring to much of the mechanics or things. Moreso, the *cough* intangibles *cough
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I believe Weeden is going to be a great QB. For some reason, his attitude and persona reminds me of Rothlisberger. He is 6'4. That's NFL-body ready. To be fair, Colt was given his chance to prove who he was. He can't throw the ball downfield, his accuracy has decreased and he isn't a offensive leader (IMO). I don't see much of a set-back from choosing Weeden as a replacement for Colt. I wish Colt the best - but last season savaged any kind of hope I had for him.

Thanks Buc. Honestly, if the Browns would've taken Blackmon and Trent fell to y'all - I wouldn't of been mad.

Serious question you gotta ask yourself: Did Cleveland surround Colt with enough weapons to succeed and did they cultivate an offensive system totally conducive to his skills? Everyone knows his arm strength is adequate at best, but why can't he be a lesser version of Matty Ryan.

Not as composed as Ryan. Colt is a gritty player and a feisty competitor. You can't mold a team that fits something like that, per se. His ceiling as an NFL quarterback isn't Championship-caliber. I would say the same thing even if he did have "weapons."

Have you guys seen Weeden? He's a statue in the pocket. He's not even the least bit mobile & he's going to get creamed in the black & blue division that is the AFC North. He doesn't need a shoe endorsement because he's signed to ACME concrete.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I believe Weeden is going to be a great QB. For some reason, his attitude and persona reminds me of Rothlisberger. He is 6'4. That's NFL-body ready. To be fair, Colt was given his chance to prove who he was. He can't throw the ball downfield, his accuracy has decreased and he isn't a offensive leader (IMO). I don't see much of a set-back from choosing Weeden as a replacement for Colt. I wish Colt the best - but last season savaged any kind of hope I had for him.

Thanks Buc. Honestly, if the Browns would've taken Blackmon and Trent fell to y'all - I wouldn't of been mad.

Colt did not get his chance. In the entire league I could probably tell you at least 2 WR's on each team off the top of my head except for the Browns. Is cribbs even considered a WR? Other than him maybe that guy who got destroyed by James Harrison whose name I can't pronounce. Give Tom Brady 3 chances and he couldn't even win 6 games on that team.

Give Colt, Turner, Roddy, Julio, Tony, and Harry, and the Falcons win the division with 10 wins this year (2012-2013).

Give Colt, Turner, Roddy, Julio, Tony, and Harry, and the Falcons win the division with 10 wins this year (2012-2013).

So? They wouldn't advance very far in the playoffs, though. That's my whole point.

Don't know if you share this sentiment, but a close buddy of mine is an avid Miami fan and strongly preferred the best defensive player in the front seven at #8 or trading down. Surely the Dolphins need a receiver, Randle may be a good fit in Rounds 2-3. More I watch Nebraska tape, more I love Dennard and David from their defense. Prince got way too much shine last year compared to the other two prospects I named. Would love David to play the will for us next to Ryans. Legitimate playmaker in a 4-3 scheme.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I grew up and have always loved the dolphins... and have always hated their FO.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]With the Rams picking twice, i doubt Randle will be there.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]this is what i said a while back...[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)][/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]i really really really hope and pray to the football gods the dolphins trade back once, possibly twice, and get value in the late first, second, and third round. that is the only way any of this makes sense.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]You can get 4-6 potential starters with trading back once or twice. 2 recievers, O line, DB. All Needs. Moore at the helm. Barkley next year.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I have been saying this for the longest of times and have been a big Barkley fan.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I also wanted them to go Defense if they were staying put, Barron and Curry with the first two picks. Then go Two WRs with their 3rd rounders, 4th Olson, then filler from there.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]But they went in this direction. There is still a shot at Curry and decent WRs... we'll see. I can't wait until 4 (pacific).[/color]

You're missing the point. Anything can happen in the NFL Playoffs. All you need is a ticket to the race. A sixth or seventh for McCoy is low risk and at the very least insurance for your incumbent starter. Remember, Trent Dilfer won a SB in the past 12 years. Bottom line, Colt did not get a fair shake in Cleveland. Had virtually no weapons and a very small window of opportunity. Even Mangini publicly admitted it.

God please let us draft Jerel Worthy and Stephen Hill/Randle/Fleener for Peyton.

My dream:

Worthy
Hill
LaMichael James
Upshaw

My problem with Colt McCoy is arm strength. Sure, he didn't have weapons in Cleveland, but he didn't have the physical tools to force the defense's respect. They would smother underneath routes knowing Colt didn't have the strength to hit the deep pass. Very few QB's in the NFL can overcome a weak arm.

Back
Top Bottom