The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wasn't saying Bron wasn't a legend, just asking.

How long or what would one have to do to make it into the top 10 all time?

You have to understand context

I'm a Spurs fan and the first 2 championships Tony was the 3rd option

The 2007, 2014 Spurs championships, he was a 1A/1B

A great resume but no NBA MVPs, only one top 5 finish in the voting, no 1st team All NBA selections and he doesn't have great stats either

Its kinda hard to say dude is a top 5 all time point guard when he only averages one more career APG than "Non passing" Kobe :lol:

He never had "great" stats & only avgs one more career apg than kobe because he never averaged more than 35 mins a game his whole career

Plus all nba teams are a popularity contest, stop putting a double standard on this ring argument, tp is a top 5 pg of all time if rings determine greatness

if jordan didnt win 6 rings, do you really think a country in the middle east would name themselves after him? 
Lmfaoo

Also yall think cp3 is a top 5 all time and dude hasnt even gotten to the conf finals with a great coach and a great supporting cast smh hes garbage

multiple championships

at least 10 years of top 3 player in the league status

of course it differs from player to player but those would be the minimum requirements to even be allowed into the conversation 

I feel like to be top 10 u need at least one championship and need to have been the top 1or 2 players at ur position in ur respective era and need to play like 10 years at least

To me hes talented but is part of the popovich system and has feasted off that.
Hes still a starting a point guard on a playoff team without pau but so was derek fisher and he aint top 10 all time

So duncans success has nothing to do with pops system? Only tp

Td is top 5 at his position all time but parker isnt because of pops system?

To me hes talented but is part of the popovich system and has feasted off that.
Hes still a starting a point guard on a playoff team without pau but so was derek fisher and he aint top 10 all time

So duncans success has nothing to do with pops system? Only tp

Td is top 5 at his position all time but parker isnt because of pops system?
Like ole boy up top mentioned tp career avg in assists is only one more than kobe. As a top5 all time point guard thats kinda sad.

You have to understand context

I'm a Spurs fan and the first 2 championships Tony was the 3rd option

The 2007, 2014 Spurs championships, he was a 1A/1B

A great resume but no NBA MVPs, only one top 5 finish in the voting, no 1st team All NBA selections and he doesn't have great stats either

Its kinda hard to say dude is a top 5 all time point guard when he only averages one more career APG than "Non passing" Kobe :lol:

He never had "great" stats & only avgs one more career apg than kobe because he never averaged more than 35 mins a game his whole career

Plus all nba teams are a popularity contest, stop putting a double standard on this ring argument, tp is a top 5 pg of all time if rings determine greatness

Theres no double standard

Theres context and roles my man

Just like I dont say Horry is an All time great because he has like 7 rings or mention the Celtics that rode on Bill Russell coattails or say Scottie Pippen is the greatest SF because he has 6 rings

Context and roles.

All-NBA teams are popularity contests?

So are NBA MVPs, NBA Finals MVPs. ROYS, DPOYS, Sixth Man of the Year Awards

Last edited:
while you can say all nba teams are a popularity contest, there's probably a pretty good reason the player you're talking about has never made an all nba team 

Rondo or cp3 who yall taking?

I take rondo

taking to do what? What's the context of this question? Do commercials? cp3 seems to have a better personality.
Nah like if they were both free agents who would u take on ur teM?

I take rondo
until rondo proves that he can lead a contending team again ill have to go with cp3

i dont remember the last time i saw rondo in a playoff game

Hmm but when is the last time cp3 led a team to the promise land? I rather take rondo who lost to LeBron aka one of the greatest players of this era

I take rondo
until rondo proves that he can lead a contending team again ill have to go with cp3

i dont remember the last time i saw rondo in a playoff game
Hmm but when is the last time cp3 led a team to the promise land? I rather take rondo who lost to LeBron aka one of the greatest players of this era
a couple years back i would have taken THAT rondo over cp3, but its 2014 and rondo is coming off a torn acl and shooting career low numbers across the board. ill take prime rondo over prime cp3 any day of the week but i dont know how much rondo has dropped off since getting hurt so right now ill take cp3 who has been playing at the same high level he's been playing at for the past few years. of course this can change come playoff time if rondo can get back to playing like his big 3 boston days

Hmm you make a good point fam.

Idk man i cant be a cp3 supporter dude flops too much and can't take his team to the next level. I feel if Blake takes over the team then clippers can be more successful

Theres no double standard

Theres context and roles my man

Just like I dont say Horry is an All time great because he has like 7 rings or mention the Celtics that rode on Bill Russell coattails or say Scottie Pippen is the greatest SF because he has 6 rings

Context and roles.

All-NBA teams are popularity contests?

So are NBA MVPs, NBA Finals MVPs. ROYS, DPOYS, Sixth Man of the Year Awards

But he has a finals mvp, pippen & horry dont have one, so obviously he wasnt a role player his whole career

while you can say all nba teams are a popularity contest, there's probably a pretty good reason the player you're talking about has never made an all nba team 

Yeah like the voters arent known to snub spurs players not named duncan, same team who had the same 6th man for 13 seasons but only has one 6th man award but jamal crawford has 2 in 4 yrs
But it isnt a popularity contest :rolleyes

What if I were to tell you theres another NBA Finals MVP point guard who has

3 All NBA selections to Tony Parkers 4 All NBA selections

5 All Star selections to Parkers 6

A 5.4 career APG to Tonys 6.0

A PER of 18.8, Tony's PER is 19

I know Tony has more rings but rings are "fortuitous and players shouldn't be judged them"

But if Tony is considered an All time great, this guy must be considered an All time great too":?

Last edited:
yea and if its the guy i think it is he played more than one side of the ball as well unlike parker

phenomenal troll job but if u really think parker is top 5 all time at his position i hope folks don't take u serious

Last edited:
What if I were to tell you theres another NBA Finals MVP point guard who has

3 All NBA selections to Tony Parkers 4 All NBA selections

5 All Star selections to Parkers 6

A 5.4 career APG to Tonys 6.0

A PER of 18.8, Tony's PER is 19

I know Tony has more rings but rings are "fortuitous and players shouldn't be judged them"

But if Tony is considered an All time great, this guy must be considered an All time great too":?
*raises hand*

who is chauncey billups? 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom