The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill Oram
‏@billoram Nick Young says it "was cool" playing for Clippers but "I learn more just being here (w/ Lakers) and being around an atmosphere of winning."

View media item 1338892

How are you in "an atmosphere of winning" when the team has had some of its worst seasons ever since you been there?

yall know what he means man. stop reaching. 16 chips. atmosphere of winning.

Bill Oram
‏@billoram Nick Young says it "was cool" playing for Clippers but "I learn more just being here (w/ Lakers) and being around an atmosphere of winning."

View media item 1338892

How are you in "an atmosphere of winning" when the team has had some of its worst seasons ever since you been there?

Bill Oram

View media item 1338892

Adds to the reasons why I hate this bum

Bill Oram

View media item 1338892

made me spit out my water :rofl:

you know exactly what swaggy is talking about

16 banners over starting lineup selfies covering them so they dont hurt clipper feelings

yall know what he means man. stop reaching. 16 chips. atmosphere of winning.

Its still a ridiculous statement to make when they're one of the worst teams in the league and not likely be good again for years. And what exactly is Swaggy learning? He's still the same player he always was.

The fear that forced Jackson to deal Smith, Shumpert for nothing

View media item 1338907
MEMPHIS — At least Phil Jackson had the guts to do this and wave the white flag of surrender.

When a team is 5-31 going on 5-32, their assets aren’t worth much on the market.

Most would’ve expected a future first-round pick as part of the Knicks’ haul for dumping on the season and dumping J.R. Smith and Iman Shumpert to Cleveland. Not the case. A 2019 second-rounder, a former Jersey high-school phenom and a couple of trade exceptions were all they netted. The trade exceptions are the only things with intrigue.

But Jackson and his staff feared the trade values of Smith, who is dealing with a small tear in his plantar fascia, and Shumpert would worsen, realizing the Knicks were in a potential irreversible slide. He feared the Cavaliers, if they got hot, could lose interest.

And Jackson believed he desperately needed to clear more cap space, realizing 2015 is the only thing that matters now. Jackson was also scared Smith would become untradeable if his injury lingered.

There’s an old axiom never to make trades when you are desperate and at the bottom. But the worst part of the situation is Jackson thought they hadn’t even reached the bottom. The Zen Master was a realist and competing for the No. 1 lottery seed for Duke’s Jahlil Okafor is the only way out.

As The Post reported in November, Jackson has looked to deal Smith from the outset because of his contract and the belief his game was not cut out for the triangle. He was also, to a lesser degree, concerned about all his baggage and his contribution to a losing culture. Earlier in the season, the Knicks thought they’d get a legit asset for him. They thought wrong.

Smith could easily be back on the shelf with his tricky injury. Shumpert should be back very soon, but he’s been injury-prone. Nevertheless, Shumpert’s value to the Knicks was seen during his latest injury. The Knicks have dropped 12 straight since he dislocated his shoulder against the Celtics on Dec. 12 in their most recent victory.

Jackson acknowledged through this trade and the waiving of center Samuel Dalembert his severe miscalculation on the 2014-15 Knicks. Don’t let Jackson play revisionist history. Jackson thought he had a playoff team on his hands, a club good enough for between 42 and 45 victories with Dalembert as a double-double guy at center.

He cut his losses in Memphis while alleviating the pressure on rookie coach Derek Fisher, who now is expected to lose as famously as the 1972-73 and 2014-15 Sixers.

The Knicks, if they keep hustling Thunder forward Lance Thomas, have two roster spots to fill, though there could be more purges coming. They can look at their young players like rookie Cleanthony Early and sign D-Leaguers such as Glen Rice Jr., Langston Galloway and second-round pick Thanasis Antetukoumpo.

It’s just too bad this isn’t mid-February’s trade deadline. There’s a long season still ahead and a lot of losing left to do.

Meanwhile, the Cavaliers could gain with Shumpert, who is adored by the Cleveland coaching staff and respected by LeBron James. They project him as a starter, a wing defender they needed. Shumpert moves closer to his home in Chicago and no longer has to worry about the triangle offense. Smith has worked out with James before and should be on his best behavior.

“We’re very excited to welcome Iman and J.R. to Cleveland,’’ Cavaliers GM David Griffin said in a statement. “With their size and versatility, we think both Iman and J.R. can help our team on both ends of the court and we look forward to them joining us.”

The Thunder also loved Shumpert, offering a first-rounder for him last season. Getting Dion Waiters is just as good, looking for bench scoring that former Thunder guard James Harden once provided.

“I am not saying he’s James’ replacement because we’re far past that,” Kevin Durant said. “But he can play, he can come off the bench for us and score and make plays. He is a really good player. A lot of people take him for granted, I think.’’

The Knicks gave up on trying to avoid the worst record in basketball and facilitated the Cavaliers and Thunder getting better. Who knew Jackson would be paid $12 million this season to try to be the worst and help out LeBron and Durant?

wait i see what nick is doing

clippers not playing well these days so hes just giving them the much needed motivation to beat us

nick young is #teamtank 
pimp.gif

wait i see what nick is doing

clippers not playing well these days so hes just giving them the much needed motivation to beat us

nick young is #teamtank :pimp:  

You guys are going to get us at least once this season, but I don't think tomorrow is going to be that day. I could be wrong though.

Swaggy saying once a loser always a loser... And he was surrounded by all losers

Swaggy saying once a loser always a loser... And he was surrounded by all losers

Right. Nick Young has only been on two teams in his whole career that have had winning records. One was the Wizards in his rookie year and one was the Clippers. Of those two teams, the Clippers went further in the playoffs. But yeah, he's learning more about winning while getting into the lottery with the Lakers. Makes sense.

Right. Nick Young has only been on two teams in his whole career that have had winning records. One was the Wizards in his rookie year and one was the Clippers. Of those two teams, the Clippers went further in the playoffs. But yeah, he's learning more about winning while getting into the lottery with the Lakers. Makes sense.

what have they won though? how do you have a winning mentality if you havent won anything? winning record? please pass the grey poupon. pffft. Lakers know what its like to scale the mountain and make it to the top. and then do it 15 more times. So what they've been struggling. Ex-presidents don't forget what it's like to be president. They still have that same confidence in knowing if it was possible before, itll be possible again.

what have they won though? how do you have a winning mentality if you havent won anything? winning record? please pass the grey poupon. pffft. Lakers know what its like to scale the mountain and make it to the top. and then do it 15 more times. So what they've been struggling. Ex-presidents don't forget what it's like to be president. They still have that same confidence in knowing if it was possible before, itll be possible again.

There's so many levels of nonsense in that statement that I can't even begin to respond.

This!!!!

Everyone likes kicking the lakers when they are down, but this organization will always have a championship aura

and if Swaggy P feels being with the lakers made him grow in a certain way whose to say hes wrong

and if Swaggy P feels being with the lakers made him grow in a certain way whose to say hes wrong

The people who watch him play and see that he's still a clueless chucker most of the time, despite being in a "atmosphere of winning."

Last edited:
Y'all got it if they're a contender they better make it to the WCF then. I don't believe they're good enough to do it therefore I don't have them in that category. Shrugs. And if they don't I'll bring every single quote back up, bank on it.

And if I'm wrong in wrong. I don't take these Internet predictions to seriously.

"If I'm right, I'm bringing up every one of these quotes, BELIEVE THAT!"

"But if I'm wrong, who cares, it's not that serious. JD617 will upload the screenshot he had saved on his hard drive for 5 plus months."

:lol:

Fixed.

Nicks just saying what we all know, the clippers have a history of losing and are pretenders. Name one winner on that team or within that franchise? Lakers organization are winners and have a champion I'm Kobe and had gasol. Its good to walk in and be able to see trophies and banners and talk to people who have experienced that. Not a fat ****** who flops

when was the last time your teams won...anything? Mine won in 2010.

Which is probably around the same time you started rooting for them. Or maybe it was in 2000. Either way, congratulations to you for picking a championship team to root for.

It's one thing to talk about "living in the past" when referring to fans of teams like the Georgia Bulldogs... but the Lakers? Dude's just won a chip less than 5 years ago. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom