The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking back on that 2010 draft im shocked Cousins didnt go higher than 5

Specially seeing as Wesley Johnson went 4th, that 2010 draft class was lowkey nice
You must have forgot how rocky his first few years in the league were....

Honestly I remember, but i also remember him being one of the most dominant bigs at Kentucky

Even with his attitude idk how he wasnt top 3

Dmc def had a lot of question marks. He was out of shape. Did bad at the combine, and the obvious attitude red flags. Not to mention the Derrick Coleman comparisons.

If I did a redraft...I'd take
1) Wall
2) Paul George
3) Cousins.

Solid draft. Cousins still has a lot to prove, but dude has improved immensely.

Sheed.
pimp.gif

Dmc def had a lot of question marks. He was out of shape. Did bad at the combine, and the obvious attitude red flags. Not to mention the Derrick Coleman comparisons.

If I did a redraft...I'd take
1) Wall
2) Paul George
3) Cousins.

Solid draft. Cousins still has a lot to prove, but dude has improved immensely.

Explains alot, dude had to mess up bad leading to the draft after that dominate season

:lol: David Kahn why guys like that obtain positions of power is beyond me

Looking back on that 2010 draft im shocked Cousins didnt go higher than 5

Specially seeing as Wesley Johnson went 4th, that 2010 draft class was lowkey nice
You must have forgot how rocky his first few years in the league were....

Honestly I remember, but i also remember him being one of the most dominant bigs at Kentucky

Even with his attitude idk how he wasnt top 3

I dont think anyone understands how bad i wanted him to fall to 7 :x :smh:

i hated the greg monroe pick. still kinda do :lol:

Coming into the draft

DeMarcus Cousins' measurements are phenomenal. He stands 6-9 ½ without shoes, with a gigantic 7-5 ¾ wingspan and a standing reach of 9-5. He's a physical specimen at the center position, with measurements similar to that of Brook Lopez (just much bulkier), and superior to those of Dwight Howard (who was 18 at the time he was measured and could have very well grown since), Greg Oden and Al Jefferson.

The only concern is his high body fat percentage of 16.3%, which ranks as the 12th-highest figure of any player in our database. By comparison, Mike Sweetney came in at 14.1% and Shaquille O'Neal 12.2%. What's alarming here is that Cousins is considered to be in the best shape of his life at the moment. Both he and his agent are making a big deal of the fact that he's been eating as healthy (“seafood and salad diet”) and working out as intensely as he ever has. NBA teams are worried about Cousins resting on his laurels once he's been drafted and signs a contract. This measurement won't ease any of those concerns.

Last edited:
While Cousins is without a doubt a precocious talent with the type of physical tools and scoring instincts that you rarely see at the college level, there are many question marks revolving around whether he has the intangibles needed to reach his extremely high potential. His body language and overall temperament on the floor is often very poor, looking somewhat lazy and disinterested and at times downright selfish. He’s clearly not the smartest guy you’ll find on or off the court, and he already tends to react very poorly to different situations on the floor and lose his temper in concerning fashion.

A few articles have already been written about his extremely unpredictable nature and whether that might come back to haunt Kentucky at some point in a big game, and these same concerns may give NBA executives room for pause when thinking about drafting him extremely high in the lottery and making him the face of their franchise.

Simply put, is he the type of player who can help a team win games, or will his attitude on and off the court end up being a detriment to his career? These are the things that will be keeping NBA GMs up at night through the months of May and June, and will surely require an incredibly thorough examination into every detail of his personality and background.

hypebeast5 hypebeast5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom