The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charles Barkley isn't wrong

He just didn't say his point in the best way because he was irritated at Daryl Morey

Charles Barkley is far from an idiot, there's just misunderstandings when you talk unfiltered and off the cuff.

That is the appeal of the show, it's not rehearsed or calculated trolls like most other Sports shows.
I think he used to actually care about the NBA when he first got to TNT and he'd actually watch every game and study it. These days he comes off as extremely lazy, worse than your typical message boarder who makes claims without actually watching games

I think he's having a lot of fun in life and it's taking a toll on him being an analyst. It's pretty obvious by a lot of the generalizations he makes

Last edited:
Something is very fishy about that MEM/OKC line tonight. Most of their games in the past have been decided by less than 5-6 points (including playoffs).

Considering Memphis has won 14 of their last 16, I think that a ton of points regardless of this being the 2nd night of a b2b. Either OKC wins this one easily or the Grizz win outright. Considering OKC needs this game a lot more than Memphis, it would not surprise me if Memphis goes into this game with a relaxed mindset.

OKC has lost 3 of their last 4 against Memphis in OKC (including the playoffs). It should be interesting game and it depends on how important the Grizz want that 40th win before the all-star break.

Last edited:
Charles Barkley isn't wrong

He just didn't say his point in the best way because he was irritated at Daryl Morey

Charles Barkley is far from an idiot, there's just misunderstandings when you talk unfiltered and off the cuff.

That is the appeal of the show, it's not rehearsed or calculated trolls like most other Sports shows.
I think he used to actually care about the NBA when he first got to TNT and he'd actually watch every game and study it. These days he comes off as extremely lazy, worse than your typical message boarder who makes claims without actually watching games

I think he's having a lot of fun in life and it's taking a toll on him being an analyst. It's pretty obvious by a lot of the generalizations he makes

I disagree

Bhz you don't think memphis would be motivated to try and keep okc out of the postseason?

Well they've already beat them twice :lol: . Beating a team like OKC who is thirsty right now a 3rd straight time would be pretty difficult. And considering how Phoenix is laying a huge egg right now, Memphis beating OKC may not even help much. I just think its more reasoning for OKC to win this game tonight more than Memphis.

1) they are at home
2) Grizz have already beat them twice this season
3) a win tonight puts them a half game back of PHX heading into the break
4) Russ and KD both had terrible games the last time these two teams met
5) Grizz on the tail end of a b2b
6) Memphis is in a pretty comfortable position being in 2nd (3 games ahead of Houston and 3 games back of GSW)

I could very well be wrong, though. I hope Memphis plays hard and try to steal this game..

Last edited:
next month come
if you're good enough at what you do there's always hope...
View media item 1396695

what was marv busted for? :nerd:

oh man...

Sexual assault charges

Albert became the focus of a media frenzy in 1997, when he went on trial for felony charges of forcible sodomy.[15] A 42-year-old woman named Vanessa Perhach[16] accused Albert of throwing her on a bed, biting her, and forcing her to perform oral sex after a February 12, 1997 argument in his Pentagon City hotel room. DNA testing linked Albert to genetic material taken from the bite marks and from semen in Perhach's underwear.[17] During the trial, testimony was presented from another woman, Patricia Masden, who told the jury that Albert had bitten her on two different occasions in 1993 and 1994 in Miami and Dallas hotels, which she viewed as unwanted sexual advances.[18] Masden claimed that in Dallas, Albert called her to his hotel room to help him send a fax, only for her to find him wearing "white panties and garter belt."[19] Albert maintained that Perhach had requested that he bite her and denied her accusation that he'd asked her to bring another man into their sexual affair. He described the recorded conversation of hers with the police on the night of the incident "an Academy Award performance."[16] After tests proved that the bite marks were his, he pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault and battery charges, while the sodomy charge was dropped.[15][20] Albert was given a 12-month suspended sentence.[21][22]

Last edited:
Well they've already beat them twice
laugh.gif
. Beating a team like OKC who is thirsty right now a 3rd straight time would be pretty difficult. And considering how Phoenix is laying a huge egg right now, Memphis beating OKC may not even help much. I just think its more reasoning for OKC to win this game tonight more than Memphis.

1) they are at home
2) Grizz have already beat them twice this season
3) a win tonight puts them a half game back of PHX heading into the break
4) Russ and KD both had terrible games the last time these two teams met
5) Grizz on the tail end of a b2b
6) Memphis is in a pretty comfortable position being in 2nd (3 games ahead of Houston and 3 games back of GSW)

I could very well be wrong, though. I hope Memphis plays hard and try to steal this game..
Just give OKC the W please
frown.gif

agreed Russ and KD sucked balls last time they played the Grizz

I agree. I've been a huge fan of his since he started with TNT, but I've grown a little tired of him over the past few years. His refusal to accept that the game has changed is kind of annoying. He applies 90s basketball reasoning to the game in 2015, which doesn't really work.

(It also doesn't help that he dislikes the Clippers and refuses to give them credit for anything -- not that they deserved any the last time they were on TNT. But still).

chuck hated kobe and the lakers when we were good too. didnt he say the spurs are too old to win last year?

what teams does he actually like?

Still kinda blows my mind that chuck picked the mavs to win it all in 11. Probably the only guy outside the Dallas-Fort worth area to do so

Last edited:
chuck hated kobe and the lakers when we were good too. didnt he say the spurs are too old to win last year?

what teams does he actually like?

The ones with grown men on them. The Nenes and Zbos of the world. He doesn't like fancy jump shooting teams. Ha ha ha

next month come
if you're good enough at what you do there's always hope...
View media item 1396695

what was marv busted for? :nerd:

oh man...

Sexual assault charges

Albert became the focus of a media frenzy in 1997, when he went on trial for felony charges of forcible sodomy.[15] A 42-year-old woman named Vanessa Perhach[16] accused Albert of throwing her on a bed, biting her, and forcing her to perform oral sex after a February 12, 1997 argument in his Pentagon City hotel room. DNA testing linked Albert to genetic material taken from the bite marks and from semen in Perhach's underwear.[17] During the trial, testimony was presented from another woman, Patricia Masden, who told the jury that Albert had bitten her on two different occasions in 1993 and 1994 in Miami and Dallas hotels, which she viewed as unwanted sexual advances.[18] Masden claimed that in Dallas, Albert called her to his hotel room to help him send a fax, only for her to find him wearing "white panties and garter belt."[19] Albert maintained that Perhach had requested that he bite her and denied her accusation that he'd asked her to bring another man into their sexual affair. He described the recorded conversation of hers with the police on the night of the incident "an Academy Award performance."[16] After tests proved that the bite marks were his, he pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault and battery charges, while the sodomy charge was dropped.[15][20] Albert was given a 12-month suspended sentence.[21][22]

TF :rofl:

We helped you guys by beating Phoenix 3 times already. So, if ya'll win tonight, just promise to stay in the 8th spot and beat GSW in the 1st round?
laugh.gif
Deal. Personally I rather stay at 8 or move to 6th seed than play you guys first round

LeBron should holla at Steve Harvey and find out where he used to cop his microphone cover hair helmets

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom