The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reggie is an emotional guy. I dont think that tweet is a means to throw sarcastic shade towards okc

Dudes forgot when he cried after the Memphis game. :lol:
we ain't forget

giphy.gif

LMAO :rofl:

You're Enes Kanter. You complained about not getting enough time because of Rudy Gobert, Derrick Favors and Trevor Booker.

Now you have to compete for minutes with Steven Adams, Serge Ibaka, Nick Collison, Mitch McGary and Kevin Durant (when OKC goes small). :lol:

With all that being said, we have to remember that Kidd molded Knight, so hopefully he can take MCW to the next level.

BLAKE MAMBA:

TUALATIN - The greatest No. 25 in Trail Blazers history left us Wednesday night, Jerome Kersey succumbing to a blood clot that traveled into his lung, and when news reached Steve Blake, the sadness went a little deeper, and had a little more meaning.

Blake, the Trail Blazers top reserve, felt a special connection with Kersey that none of us can imagine.

Blake, you see, wears the No. 25 that Kersey made so famous in Rip City.

"It was always an honor to wear that number, knowing what he meant to the organization and the fans here,'' Blake said.

So while the rest of us woke up today hoping it was all a dream, and wondering how anyone could possibly honor a man so willing to sacrifice his body on the court and so quick to open his heart off it, Blake took action.

When he arrived at the Trail Blazers facility on Thursday morning, he stopped at the office of assistant general manager Bill Branch and made a request.

If he could have any say in it, Blake wanted to make sure No. 25 in Portland was preserved and honored. He wanted to change his number.

"To honor him,'' Blake said. "To honor his jersey.''

As Blake went off to practice, wearing his No. 25, Branch started making phone calls. The league office was consulted. The equipment team put on alert.

By the time practice had ended, the word had come in: The NBA is allowing Blake to switch jerseys. Starting with Friday's game in Utah, Blake will now wear No. 5.

"I just wanted to do that for him,'' Blake said. "Hopefully the fans will understand it.''

How long the No. 25 is honored and preserved is now up to the Blazers management. The Blazers already have nine retired numbers spanning 10 players (No. 30 is retired for both Bobby Gross and Terry Porter), and team president Chris McGowan on Thursday said the team is considering several ways to honor Kersey, a jersey retirement among them.

"We understand the impact he had on this franchise, and the impact he had on this community,'' McGowan said.

He asked for patience, because like the rest of us, this is still too fresh, still too painful. It's like everyone keeps waiting for Mercy Kersey to burst around the corner, his smile lighting up the room, and his latest tall tale from the golf course making the rounds.

In due time, McGowan says, Kersey will be honored, perhaps as soon as Sunday's home game against Memphis, and he assures it will leave a lasting impact.

"The important message is this isn't going to be a thing we are going to do short term. This is something we are going to remember forever,'' McGowan said. "He is going to have an important part of our organization moving forward.''

In the meantime, Blake has provided us with a fitting tribute to Kersey. The former Blazers - from Clyde Drexler, to Danny Ainge, to Porter to Darnell Valentine - have lauded Kersey for being a great teammate.

There's a lot that goes into being a good teammate: Sacrifice. Selflessness. Hard work. Putting others before you.

And that's exactly what Blake is doing here, and what he embodies as a player.

He was at a small group Bible study in Sherwood when he first heard the news of Kersey's passing.

"Hit me pretty hard, like everyone else,'' Blake said.

He had grown to know Kersey well over his two previous tenures with the Blazers, and now in his third stint in Portland the friendship only grew.

"I knew him pretty well - from previous times I was here - and after games you would see him, and I've been at appearances with him, hung out with him on the golf course. He was a guy everyone loved to be around.''

When he returned from Bible study, he said he spent much of the night awake wondering how he could honor the man linked to him by number.

"It was something I thought about, something I prayed about,'' Blake said.

When he awoke, everything had crystalized.

No. 25 would be worn no longer.

"This morning I just felt like it's something that should be done,'' Blake said. "I know he is going to be dearly missed, but I hope this can honor him.'

Last edited:
so the sixers are stock piling picks in order to trade away the players that they get with said picks. And somehow sam hinkie is a ghenius who knows how to use powerpoint?

This sounds like david kahn 2.0.

Hinkie found the perfect loophole in never getting fired

Keep dumping players and hoarding picks promising they'll be good in 'two to three years'.

Team still sucks? Rinse and repeat

Last edited:
Hinkie found the perfect loophole in never getting fired

Keep dumping players and hoarding picks promising they'll be good in 'two to three years'.

Team still sucks? Rinse and repeat

Pretty much. You know one of Noel or Embiid is getting traded in the next couple years too.

Don't overlook that they also traded away KJ McDaniels to the Rockets....

As a Sixers Fan...I'm just about ready to shoot myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom