The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we could have offered him more money than anyone else. We are under the floor cap and we gladly swallowed McGee's contract.
Maybe...but why would he have wanted to sign there? If he just REALLY wanted to play for Philly that bad he would have took the 2 year deal. His deal was structured that way because he knew he'd earn a bigger and better situation somewhere else.

There won't be any shortage of potential suitors for him this summer. I can't imagine in comparison to other teams...that Philly would have been the most attractive place to sign.

It also wouldn't have made sense for Philly to break the bank for ANYONE this summer when they're still a LONG WAYS away from being anywhere.

Last edited:

KJ is an unrestricted FA. He wasn't coming back to Philly.
Not quite...

Quote:
[table][tr][td]The Sixers of today don’t have to worry about that doomsday scenario. They might have more than $50 million in cap room this summer. They can make McDaniels a restricted free agent with a one-year, $1.2 million qualifying offer — guaranteeing themselves the right to match any offer McDaniels receives from another team. If McDaniels blows up, the Sixers can match such an offer or just re-sign him into their cap space. If he doesn’t, McDaniels could just sign that $1.2 million qualifying offer and enter restricted free agency again a year later.[/td][/tr][/table]

So it sounds like the Rockets will likely make McDaniels a RFA after this season
pimp.gif

The real reason the Bucks gave up on Knight

No idea how that has so few hits

I'm resp for at least 10...

:rofl: man that was embarrassing
View media item 1410405View media item 1410406

Very good moves for both OKC and the Blazers. Suns will get napalmed and slide out the playoffs, but 3 1st round picks?? Not bad (unless I read that wrong). i dig the Rockets picking up McDaniels, and I'll assume they took Pablo Prisioni as a favor to the Knicks, since the Rockets have been screwing them over for years now. Hopefully he's waived and a legit backup center is signed, and Dorsey gets rocketed to Mars.

Reggie Jackson can run his own team now :lol:

I thought Mario Chalmers had the juice now when I heard Cole got traded, but I didn't know that it was cause the Dragic's were coming in :lol: great move for Miami.

Someone said the Sixers will have 30 1st round picks come the 2030 draft, and by 2035, it'll be Philly's year

arguably the only reason to watch the sixers last year was to watch mcw go for roy, then you turn around an ship.

last team to do something like that was sacramento.

despite his innefective shooting, I think mcw will probaly turn out better than brandon knight. Brandon Knight was scrub status before jason kidd touched him.
He damn near put up the same #'s last season when Kidd was in Brooklyn.

If you believe he'll turn out better...so be it. As of right now...he isn't.

They're also both the same age...in fact MCW is a few months older so I don't know why people are under the assumption that MCW somehow has this immense room for growth that Knight doesn't.

Last edited:
thing about mcw, his game really translates well on any decent team. He plays some d, and really good floor general...having j. kidd as your mentor with that skill set is just +++++++++

despite his innefective shooting, I think mcw will probaly turn out better than brandon knight. Brandon Knight was scrub status before jason kidd touched him.
He damn near put up the same #'s last season when Kidd was in Brooklyn.

If you believe he'll turn out better...so be it. As of right now...he isn't.

They're also both the same age...in fact MCW is a few months older so I don't know why people are under the assumption that MCW somehow has this immense room for growth that Knight doesn't.
kidd was in brooklyn. not philly tho

thing about mcw, his game really translates well on any decent team. He plays some d, and really good floor general...having j. kidd as your mentor with that skill set is just +++++++++

He'll do better with the bucks for sure. That's why I honestly don't think its a bad trade. Plus the other parts they received

I agree. J. Kidd will do wonders for this kid, he's a protégé waiting to be molded.

kidd was in brooklyn. not philly tho
Isn't that what I said?

You said Knight was a scrub before Kidd...even tho he's put up similar numbers the year before Kidd was his coach.

The hell does Philly have to do w/ that?
i thought you were refering to mcw. my bad...

i guess my perception was wrong, despite his similiar numnbers knight was looking real scrub like...teams wins made him look better I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom