The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiters is such a low effienicy player, dude is just bad.

Watching him and lance on the court at the sametime is just bad basketball.

Last edited:
I sort of wanted Brian Roberts to fail because I didn't want to clutter my head with two Brian Roberts.

Waiters is such a low effienicy player, dude is just bad.

Watching him and lance on the court at the sametime is just bad basketball.
mean.gif

It's disgusting. Said it once, I'll say it again DJ is gonna be major for the thunder. Come tourney time he comes off the bench and moves Russy to the 2. My god.
yeah it looks like brooks is slowly implementing that right now which is nice. Once KD comes back
sick.gif

tryna get this published so here's the sneak peak. my editor may make me tweak it.

Ty Lawson Is the Most Underrated Point Guard in the NBA

Despite playing in the Mile-High City, Ty Lawson is flying under the radar this season.

The 5’11” 195-pound point guard has silently put together a career year with the struggling Denver Nuggets.

Alongside John Wall, Lawson is dishing a league’s best 10.1 assists per game, and he’s only turned the ball over 135 times in comparison to Wall’s 204. He also ranks 15th in the NBA in double-doubles with 22 which is third best amongst guards—trailing Chris Paul (25) and Wall (29).

The Nuggets haven’t been as successful as Paul’s Los Angeles Clippers and Wall’s Washington Wizards, but without his contributions, Denver would be competing with the New York Knicks and Los Angeles Lakers for the NBA’s worst record.

Why Lawson Doesn’t Get Enough Credit
The 1 has become one of the NBA’s deepest positions in recent years—flanked with numerous All Star talents such as Russell Westbrook, Damian Lillard, Stephen Curry, Rajon Rondo, Derrick Rose, Kyrie Irving, Jeff Teague, Wall, Paul and Kyle Lowry.

Lawson also doesn’t have the luxury of playing in a large basketball market that garners enough attention to offset his team’s lack of success.

He’s also had a few off the court mental lapses that taint his production. His most recent mishap being the practice he missed on Feb. 18 while stuck in Las Vegas.

Via Christopher Dempsey of the Denver Post, “Lawson failing to show is the latest in a string of incidents that have upset management in the past two years. He had a domestic incident in the summer of 2013, a case that was eventually dropped. He missed a team breakfast meeting late last season and was held out of the starting lineup. In January he was arrested on suspicion of DUI.”

Lawson addressed his most recent mistake on his Facebook:

Travel plans got derailed ....but I'm always ready to go war with my bros... I know the season hasn't gone the we all wanted to but I'm a nugget until the day I die ‪#‎nuggetsnation ‪#‎letthehatecommentspileup

He hasn’t helped his cause off the court with his periodical lacks of focus, but his impact under the lights cannot be denied.

Why He’s Worthy of Praise
Aside from scoring 16.9 points per game to go along with his 10.1 APG, Lawson is also posting a player efficiency rating of 19.55, via ESPN.com.

In 2014-15, Lawson is second in assist opportunities per game with 20.3 to Rondo’s 20.5, and he’s second in points created by assist per game with 23.5 to Rondo’s 25, via NBA.com.

Lawson is also second in free throw assists per game with 1.0 to Wall’s 1.1—categorizing only players that have competed in at least 20 games thus far.

He’s played the third most minutes in the NBA this season with 37 per game, and he’s tied for third in drives per game with 11.6, and has the third most team points per game on drives with 13.2—lagging behind Tyreke Evans (13.3) and James Harden (14.2).

Lawson sports an adjusted production per 48 minutes of .308 which is fourth best amongst point guards—behind Westbrooks .322, Paul’s .407 and Curry’s .437, via Box Score Geeks. His wins produced are also third best amongst 1s, checking in at 9.4 with Curry and Paul ahead of him with 13.3 and 13.5, respectively.

His win shares are down this season from 2013-14 with 5.6 to 6.3, but his turnover percentage is down to 14.5 percent from 16.9 percent the season prior, via Basketball-Reference.com.

Joe Boozell listed his top-10 point guards in the league on NBA.com, and Lawson for some reason wasn’t named, despite having a better year than Jeff Teague (10th), Tony Parker (9th), Kyrie Irving (8th) and Mike Conley (7th).

Lawson has been unfairly snubbed and hasn’t received the praise he deserves. He’s become the league's most underrated point guard despite being in the upper echelon of various statistical categories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom