The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great opening quarter.

DJ with 9 rebounds in the first quarter

CP being CP.

Let's see if we can tread water with this 2nd unit. Always an adventure with them.

Obviously Cleveland and Houston
Newsflash, they will be on ABC

Now sit down and shut up

I'll never understand you're dislike for DJ
You probably didn't see my post yesterday giving props to DJ for flourishing

I don't think a team is going to like having him as a max player, Kanye shrug. If you can't understand that, oh well

If he's comparable to Tyson chandler, then he should be paid like him. We are assuming the max money is going up

Newsflash, they will be on ABC

Now sit down and shut up

Lol so quick to try and snap on somebody. Should have worded your question better. I know Cleveland and Houston come on next :lol: thought u meant out of which games today being played would i rather see than the Clippers Bulls game. Communication breakdown.

If he's comparable to Tyson chandler, then he should be paid like him. We are assuming the max money is going up
Is Jordan good enough defensively to bring your team into the top 10 defensively? 

If not then paying him that much is pointless

If Jordan doesn't go to the right fit, it will be even worse for that franchise

think dj is a solid rebounder and can block/alter shots
but is he really an all defensive type guy who can man a whole defense?
i really dont see him as that.

Last edited:
Clippers need to get Wesley Matthews

Small ball lineup with

CP
Redick
Wes
Blake
DJ

You got defense on the perimeter and in the paint, all world shooting/P&R/post play.

Last edited:
[h1]  [/h1]
[h1]Excitement Grows as Oculus Rift Rumored to Show NBA and NHL Games in Virtual Reality[/h1]
oculus_rift_2-100020595-orig.jpg

Oculus Rift is Facebook’s virtual reality headset, and it could make them huge profits by changing the way we consume sports in the future. Much of the excitement about Oculus Rift, which Facebook acquired for $2 billion last March,  was about its role in the video gaming world. Many saw Oculus Rift revolutionizing gaming by creating far more immersive e-worlds than ever before. However, now, Oculus Rift and other virtual reality vendors are rumored to be looking to use this technology to produce an infinite amount of courtside seats that it could sell to sports fans.

This week Piper Jaffray, a research firm, wrote that Facebook’s Oculus division could enable fans to watch NBA and NHL games using their virtual reality technology.

Oculus could allow fans to watch NBA and NHL games from “virtual courtside and rinkside seats,” Piper Jaffray’s Analyst, Gene Munster, wrote  in a note to investors.

As we know, the NBA has already experimented with virtual reality during NBA All-Star weekend. And in the near future, the NBA is said to be running at least four events  on Samsung’s virtual reality streaming system, and the league’s Commissioner, Adam Silver, has already answered questions about virtual reality courtside seats. The NHL and NFL have already done live virtual reality streaming tests as well. Courtside tickets are expensive, but any sports fan would love the chance to see a bone crushing hit on the boards at a hockey game or see their favorite NBA player up close, as if they were courtside.

While analysts say that VR broadcasts for every game may not fully come to fruition for another eight to ten years, this could be a huge innovation for vendors and fans to continue to monitor.

For Oculus Rift, this a huge opportunity, because fans could experience something similar to a courtside experience for less than the actual tickets cost; and vendors could even possibly make more money, because while the courtside experience would sell for less, there is an unlimited amount to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom