The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
the good ol' "players should accept less money to win". yall don't get tired of that stupid *** argument?

Turn down $30mill to make a billionaire owner more money and win a title. I'll take no title and $80mill any day. 

Its incredible that sports fan can't look at it from this point of view. Too many really believe in some ******** "its all about basketball, money isn't important" approach.

Ya paying Dipset way too much attention :lol:

but telling a player to take less money is a joke

Last edited:
Turn down $30mill to make a billionaire owner more money and win a title. I'll take no title and $80mill any day. 

How does marketability as a Champion factor into this? Would a player making less from his team contract but winning championships have a chance to earn more from endorsements as said champ? Just curious.

Next time Kobe goes on a talk show, I really hope the host asks him what he things of Iggy Azalea's music. Given that he's Mr. Honesty these days, I'm sure his response would be pretty amusing.

probably just be like, 'never heard it.' or, 'its straight. i'm really more of an old school hip hop head'

that seems to be the pre-wrapped go-to answer these days from people.

How does marketability as a Champion factor into this? Would a player making less from his team contract but winning championships have a chance to earn more from endorsements as said champ? Just curious.
It factors into it sure, but would James Harden being the third banana on OKC really see huge endorsement deals? He probably wouldnt have that Foot Locker deal and those commercials if he stayed behind.

Who has benefited really from marketability as a champion? That's some garbage. The guys who are marketable are marketable regardless of them winning or not. Tracy McGrady never made it out of the 1st round but he was Adidas' feature guy and one of the league's most popular players for years. 

them endorsement aren't guranteed. unless you are bron, kobe, durant, etc. not that many players are even marketable.
make as much as you can, especially while you are young.
maybe...take less at the tail-end of your career to win.

james knew he was gonna get a big deal, whether it be from okc or another team

Last edited:
Bulls are so injury prone is ridiculous. Championship level talent, glass level durability.
1.gif

He left a championship contending OKC because of $80 mil. He woulda' been set for life with the money OKC offered. OC could have been champions already. Smh.
:lol: I know right :lol:
How am I trolling?
Point being?
Oh stop. James Harden was going to be set for life either way with the money OKC was offering. Dude left cause he was greedy and wanted that $80 mil.
point being nobody thought it was corny that lj anointed himself the king from the get go yet you have a problem with harden calling himself that cuz he don't have chips... Hypocritical

Last edited:
Yeah it's not like Kawhi Leonard has been raking in endorsement money since June.
I agree, I live about an hour and some change from San Antonio, and besides Jordan Brand, Kawhi is only seen in these grocery store commericals, and that is only because that grocery store chain endorses the Spurs. Manu, Parker, Duncan, and even Patty Mills are in those commercials so it isn't like Kawhi is getting all of the shine anyway.

$80 Mil is a lot to turn down. Especially to live in some podunk town where the main activities include cow tipping and rodeos.

I know I wouldn't turn down 80 mil. Like someone eluded to earlier, maybe towards the tail end of my career I would take less in order to bring in help, like Dirk did, I personally have no problem with someone in the position to get that kind of money to get it. For me to feel any other way would be uncivilized.

Why would OKC pay all that money just for him to disappear in the playoffs like every year. It worked out for OKC.

Why would OKC pay all that money just for him to disappear in the playoffs like every year. It worked out for OKC.
What? He was the reason they made it past the Spurs the series before. That one bad series against Miami is not enough for you to make that claim.

I really want Javale McGhee man.
Javale wouldn't be a bad pick-up. He can be good defensively, you don't need him to be an offensive threat, just hold it down defensively that's it. But I can seriously see the Spurs or the Mavs gunning for him so Texas has one more guy to be in those grocery store commercials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom