The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's how I look at it. And if you look at that list of MVP's over the last 6-7 years, those guys have had similar impacts on their team. It seems to me people are basically saying Curry deserves MVP because his team is so good. :lol: I'm just going by what I consider to be more impressive from an individual standpoint. If you are able to lead your team with a average supporting cast to a top 4 seed in the West, you deserve very high consideration. Not only has Dwight been out, but Harden missed other starters at various times throughout the season. GSW has been relatively healthy all year long.

I just think it depends on what you value the most when looking at the award. If we are talking about the Most Valuable Player, I'm looking at how valuable the player is to his team and how dependent a team is on that player for their success. I see that a lot more with Houston and Harden than I do with Curry and the Warriors.

If Harden doesn't win it straight up, then it they should make it a Co-MVP with Harden and Curry. Its really hard to argue Curry getting the award over Harden considering his circumstances this season. Also, for whoever said you cannot really just look at 'per game stats', why not? I felt like those per game stats had a lot to do with previous MVP's :lol: . I'm also pretty sure other MVP candidates had great teams that blew teams out early on, but they still put up elite level numbers (i.e. leading the league in scoring, rebs, asts, etc).

i've said it once and i'll say it again. by this same measuring stick, you're saying that Lebron should have never won those MVPs with the heat, considering he was playing with two future HoFs in Wade and Allen and an all-star in Bosh.

also, steph's numbered are negatively altered by the fact that he consistently doesnt have to play in the 4th quarter because they're blowing out teams.

Last edited:
Even as a Warriors fan, I dont necessarily believe Curry is the clear MVP.

But if THIS is finally the year that the voters decide to stop giving the MVP to the best player on the best team, I am going to be pissed.

This year will be different because two of the teams with the best records have no standout performers that really garner any considerations in Atlanta and Memphis. So it's not like in year's past where it was either LBJ/KD/Blake/Kobe/CP3 all having great individual seasons on those teams.

Houston could very well be tied for the 2nd seed by week's end with Memphis' schedule.

i've said it once and i'll say it again. by this same measuring stick, you're saying that Lebron should have never won those MVPs with the heat, considering he was playing with two future HoFs in Wade and Allen and an all-star in Bosh.

also, steph's numbered are negatively altered by the fact that he consistently doesnt have to play in the 4th quarter because they're blowing out teams.

Heat were blowing teams off the floor as well but Wade was in and out of the lineup, hence enhancing Bron's value. Lebby was still able to up up the best all around numbers in the league as well. It's not Steph's fault, just the reality of the situation.

Same with KD last season, Russ being out and him going crazy enhanced the perception of his value even though Bron was doing Bron type things.

Even as a Warriors fan, I dont necessarily believe Curry is the clear MVP.

But if THIS is finally the year that the voters decide to stop giving the MVP to the best player on the best team, I am going to be pissed.

This year will be different because two of the teams with the best records have no standout performers that really garner any considerations in Atlanta and Memphis. So it's not like in year's past where it was either LBJ/KD/Blake/Kobe/CP3 all having great individual seasons on those teams.

Houston could very well be tied for the 2nd seed by week's end with Memphis' schedule.

There is a huge difference between "being tied for the 2nd seed" and the clear cut best team in the NBA since opening day. I understand the implied point you are trying to make that if Houston could somehow creep into the 2 seed, then it would be easier for voters to pass over Curry for a player with better stats on what is still an elite team. Easier to do than if they were a 4 seed.

Curry has been an intricate part of a team that if goes 7-5 for the rest of the season (a modest projection), that would be a 64 win team. Being the best player on THAT team holds a ton of weight.

Last edited:
would i be wrong to state that the value of curry and harden to their respective teams is equal?

people are saying that harden has better individual stats than curry, yet curry scores only 3 less points per game (while playing an average of 4 minutes less) than him but is much more efficient. furthermore, even with klay thompson out, a steph-led gsw has dismantled teams by double digits 4 straight games, including the 2nd best team in the league.

im not saying that steph is going to get the MVP, just making a case for why he deserves it. at the end of the day, as a long time warriors' fan who's witnessed this team have no player worthy of being even mentioned in the MVP conversation since the days of run-TMC, it's incredibly ******* exciting to see this play out

Just got home to watch the game....warriors blow another team out

Twolves with the OT win....

Bounce Brothers :pimp:

Splash bros :pimp:

Last edited:
Redundance.

The same arguments for and against the MVP.

Can't wait until that award is passed out.

MVP ... Meh... Voted by the media.... I'm more interest in the playoffs...tired of the regular season.want the Lakers to keep our pick then I want to see po ball already.

Welp. Good game GS fans. I stayed up and accepted my verbal abuse for the evening like a man.

Anyone have any leads on the whereabouts of Ryan? Dude has abandoned the Hawks when they need him most.

It was kind of funny early on but im legit worried about ryanjumpman. Son might have died or got killed or something.

He just vanished like cliffordsmith.

Maybe he got banned? Phone stolen?

Anybody talk to him off niketalk?

guys disgruntled cuz hazing on a dude? yall know those characters were made purposely to.entertain the crew here. smh sometimes.

man ya boy invested(wasted money) in an authentic Andris Biedrins jersey a few years back...ANDRIS BIEDRINS

i wish i could hop in a DeLorean just so i could go back and slap myself

He showed promise in the Summer League. We were all wrong about him.

I'm confused. So you don't believe Curry is the clear case winner, but if he doesn't win, you will be upset.

So you beleieve he is the best player on the best team and should win it?

I'm a Warrior fan so Of course I want him to win but, if Harden or RW(if he stays consistent) won it I wouldn't consider it a bad thing. This year's winner won't feel like a robbery.

^

If Harden doesn't win, then it will be a robbery. I've said before and I'll say it again, what he's doing out in Houston is truly remarkable. Both of them deserve it, but it'll only be a robbery if Harden doesn't get it.

^

If Harden doesn't win, then it will be a robbery. I've said before and I'll say it again, what he's doing out in Houston is truly remarkable. Both of them deserve it, but it'll only be a robbery if Harden doesn't get it.

He's doing it completely solo, I'll give him that. But, as someone said already in here, he plays less cohesively with his team so, because of that, one can say it makes him less deserving of the title.

Last edited:
as a houston and Harden fan if GSW gets to 66+ plus wins it is going to be hard for Harden to win it

Harden leading the Rockets to 57 wins without a costar for the majority of the season or even a consistent 3rd option and ending up with the 3rd or 4th best record in the entire league >>>> Curry has done/been asked to do this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom