The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a interesting question for you guys i saw people debating on Twitter, which was started by people were saying that it's weird that nobody talks about charges taken in box scores, because they are more important than people think.

Would you rather you team block the shot, or take a charge?

Charge = instant Turnover, plus a foul on the opposing player which can obviously be huge

Block = Maybe you get the ball, maybe you don't.  Maybe they end up scoring anyway.  Maybe you block a layup and then they get the ball and make a 3

School me on why Monty is an awful coach.

The Pelicans are one of the most fragile teams in the league and they won 45 games in the brutal west.

I really don't know, enlighten me

i have a interesting question for you guys i saw people debating on Twitter, which was started by people were saying that it's weird that nobody talks about charges taken in box scores, because they are more important than people think.

Charge = instant Turnover, plus a foul on the opposing player which can obviously be huge

Block = Maybe you get the ball, maybe you don't.  Maybe they end up scoring anyway.  Maybe you block a layup and then they get the ball and make a 3
charges often get called as a blocking foul. cuz refs. a block is a high energy play. you can spark your team with a block and change the momentum. ill take the block.

Last edited:

def important... d fish still leads the L in charges taken right :lol:

Purposefully taking charges just doesn't sit right with me but it is the smarter thing to do

How sway?

He's one of the worst coaches out there.

His rotations are horrible, he runs terrible plays, freezes AD out of the game down the stretch all the time.

He still doesn't run the most optimal offense with the weapons that he has, he's a future Scott Brooks if they keep him while AD continues to get better.

that is definitely the downside, risking a foul on yourself.  but besides that, i think taking a charge is better for your team.

and don't underestimate taking a charge to swing momentum and fire the home crowd up.

but yes, Blocks are more fun to see

His rotations are horrible, he runs terrible plays, freezes AD out of the game down the stretch all the time.

He still doesn't run the most optimal offense with the weapons that he has, he's a future Scott Brooks if they keep him while AD continues to get better.
Spoelstra still worse lol

i feel you.

i just think it's something that never gets brought up when discussing how good a player is on defense, and it should.  because if you have a guy taking a ton of charges, it IS helping you on defense

AD is top 5 playoffs or not.
No room for him in the top 3 playoffs or not.

Lebron
KD
Harden
Russ
AD

No room for Steph? I definitely was not the biggest Steph supporter but man Steph has really shut me up doing things we've NEVER seen before. I feel like Steph is good enough to replace a Russ or Harden in that list.

You know, I wouldn't be shocked to see Steph in most top5 lists in place of or ahead of Russ. Harden has definitely locked that 3 spot though. Harden carried his team to #2 and they were injury riddled all year. We know what Russ didn't do, actually if I wasn't bias and or Russ didn't excel in all categories, he'd be out the top 5 no doubt

i feel you.

i just think it's something that never gets brought up when discussing how good a player is on defense, and it should.  because if you have a guy taking a ton of charges, it IS helping you on defense
if a guy becomes known for taking charges tho, his body is gonna pay for it. especially cuz some players gonna do him dirty and REALLY hit him on the charge

Many top 3's or 5's are gonna be different

The criteria for my top 3 is based on who can win me any given game, meaning if i got to win 1 game who do I want on my team

In that case it is

1.Lebron
2.James Harden
3.Steph Curry

I feel AD is great but I cant pick him over those 3 guys to win me a game

Some interesting match ups to keep an eye on... these are just POTENTIAL match ups so keep that in mind. But these are some I'd like to see and a few thoughts and observations.

View media item 1494357
HAWKS VS. RAPTORS:

Eastern Conference's best Hawks went 1-3 regular season with the Toronto Raptors. Both team's starters give it all each match up, however the Raptor's bench, notably the back court of Vasquez and Lou Will have gotten the best of the Hawks bench all season which is where the biggest difference in these two teams come. Hawks played their best against Toronto in November when their defense held Lowry to 3-12 from the field and dominated them 105-80 out of all star break. I'll have my eyes on Horford and Valanciunas in the paint, but really on Derozan who not only had his best defensive game of the season on the Hawks with 6 steals 11 reb. early in the season. he's also averaged 20+ Pts against Atlanta this year as well. X factor for Toronto though will be Lou Will who's averaged 15 pts of the bench against his former team in each game. This will be one of the most interesting tests for the Hawks if these two meet in the Second Round.

View media item 1494358
SPURS VS. MAVERICKS?
This is obviously just a POTENTIAL match up... but remember last season 1st round? Mavericks took the would be champions seven games and while they were handled in game seven, I think the Mavericks are a much better team this season and with an even more seasoned guard in Rondo. Mavericks and Spurs split games this season 2-2, and both teams had injuries. Dallas would also have to escape the 1st round first against potential MVP James Harden and potential teenage girl purveyor Dwight Howard, BUT we may be able to get a chance to see what Rondo can do out west against another championship PG in Tony Parker. This is a match up I would love to see. Interesting note, The Mavs have not advanced past the first round since winning the Finals over the Miami Heat four years ago.

View media item 1494359BULLS VS. CAVS:
The Bulls are always a tough match up in the playoffs, and this year FINALLY we get to see Derrick Rose healthy. The Bulls went 1-3 against Cleveland throughout the regular season and I'm obviously partial to wanting to see Cleveland win this match up but, I wouldn't go as far as to say it's Cleveland's series at all. The Bulls in the playoffs are a beast and have been even with injuries. with taj Gibson nursing a shoulder injury and D.rose still not 100% the Bulls may struggle and it will truly be put up or shut up time for Lebron, Kevin Love, and Kyrie if they expect to be considered true Championship contenders. I expect the Bulls to maintain a slight edge to to experience but I'm mostly looking forward to seeing Kyrie, Mirotic, and Kevin Love get significant playing time in their first (but certainly not last) playoff runs in what should be one of the best series in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Sleeping on the young gawd tyreke. If eg and Anderson can spot up and knock down 3s. Ad can drop his 25 and 12 reke can get his 15 and 10 the upset will happen.... Pelicans bullies

Monty Williams runs terrible sets. All the rest of the stuff you can cite injuries as a reason but the stuff he runs out there is just bad with the exception of the Anthony Davis PnR which you cant even give him credit for because its common sense.

Monty Williams runs terrible sets. All the rest of the stuff you can cite injuries as a reason but the stuff he runs out there is just bad with the exception of the Anthony Davis PnR which you cant even give him credit for because its common sense.

Anthony Davis and the rest of those guys may have saved his job.

Fair enough. You definitely watched them more than I have. :lol: I do see him freezing out AD at the worst times.

I think it's impressive for them to get to the playoffs with all of those injuries.

Last edited:

Anthony Davis and the rest of those guys may have saved his job.
I'm happy it happened. I'm not a fan of rash firings and I feel like this would have been one, the teams hardly healthy and the roster itself is awkward to put it nicely.

On the flip side it called Scott Brooks' tenure as OKC coach into the forefront and he should have been fired a long time ago.

You know, I wouldn't be shocked to see Steph in most top5 lists in place of or ahead of Russ. Harden has definitely locked that 3 spot though. Harden carried his team to #2 and they were injury riddled all year. We know what Russ didn't do, actually if I wasn't bias and or Russ didn't excel in all categories, he'd be out the top 5 no doubt

True that. I definitely wouldn't be mad if Harden won MVP strictly based off him leading his team to the # 2 seed in the West.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom