The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
laugh.gif

Byron Scott? They're going to fire him anyways once the Lakers become a competent roster, might as well fire him now, get a coach that has some clout and legacy that can be used to bring in FAs.
LOL. What coach can be used to bring in FAs who's currently unemployed? Not like there's a Phil Jackson sitting around. Who are they going to hire, Van Gundy? 

Byron Scott? They're going to fire him anyways once the Lakers become a competent roster, might as well fire him now, get a coach that has some clout and legacy that can be used to bring in FAs.
LOL. What coach can be used to bring in FAs who's currently unemployed? Not like there's a Phil Jackson sitting around. Who are they going to hire, Van Gundy? 
He's been high on my list of guys who should get a gig, as much as he says he doesnt want it. There are also things to be said about having coaches that the players like, Mark Jackson and Scott Brooks come to mind. Any one of those three guys bring more appeal to the team than what Byron Scott brings with his antiquated philosophies on three point shooting and his "tell it like it is" attitude which some people have at times equated to him berating the roster. 

I dont think Byron Scott is coaching the 2017 Lakers, and I dont see anything wrong with them getting a head start on building that vision.

Thibs getting canned.

Doc isnt going anywhere yet. Maybe end of next season. Winning in Boston, and enduring the drama from last years racial soap opera with the Clippers owner has earned him respect.

On another note........
:lol:View media item 1553510

Heard Kupchak on the radio the other day and he sounded pretty adamant (and sincere) that Byron's not going anywhere...for now. Unless, Jim overrules him, I think that's probably right.

Furthermore, according to multiple sources, some players didn’t endorse Thibodeau’s return in exit meetings with management.

In fact, according to sources, some players have been making separate offseason plans for several summers instead of working out formerly at the Berto Center and now the Advocate Center to get a break from Thibodeau, who rarely leaves the practice facility.

:rofl:

Double checks for Thibodeau.

gif-tom-thibodeau-laughing-34737.gif

in all seriousness he's a hell of a coach, and what he did for Chicago over the years with Rose out and all. Nothing short of amazing. I would've been disappointed in Chicago had they held him back from being available for other coaching vacancies.

Last edited:
Watch JVG bolts to the Pelicans, Thibs takes the year off doing TV and then goes the Gruden/JVG route. Cushy TV gig with teams calling every year, brushing them off every year.

Thibs did great w/ the pieces he had. The front office didn't really care to offer better pieces once Rose went down. This Bulls team has another 2-3 years before it's dismantled.

Thibs should reunite with Doc. Associate head coach and defensive coordinator. Do it Ballmer!

For the Record, Tom Thibodeau won coach of the year, went 255-139 regular season in 5 years and was missing the franchise player repeatedly. I hope he winds up in NOLA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom