The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jerry Reinsdorf giving no damns with that press release. 
sick.gif

Sorry, but the Bulls have a history of guys leaving with **** ending on bad terms. Yeah your (ex) coach is a control freak and might've been talking a bit too much behind closed doors to his media buddies, but you're no angels either.

If Thibs really wanted to stick it to them, he'd sit out the next 2 seasons and force them to pay his full salary.

Organization needs to be in sync though and if they don't get it right with this hire, then it's back to the post-Jordan era you go. I'm sure HC candidates and agents are giving them the side eye right about now.

Last edited:
Man I wasn't buying into the minutes thing before this season, but seeing how Pau burnt out at the end...
mean.gif

I think the hamstring issue came at the expense of all those minutes.

Thibs doesn't manage minutes and runs players into the ground.

We've seen it time after time after time.

He is a good coach, but like I said, he had a ceiling.

Plus he's stubborn , we see it every playoffs.

Hell grind out 50+ wins, but by the play offs those players are spent.

No reason, ABSOLUTELY none that a Cavs team with no Love and a hobble Kyrie should've beaten the bulls.
Pau was hobbled too and Rose was going through that "have a good game every other game cuz of his knee" thing going on

I am being honest with myself and admit that playing in the east will pad some things (like wins). I apologize if that's offensive but it's just my opinion. HOWEVER, I will for sure give him another chance before MOST if not ALL retreads 

Bulls going back to irrelevance, hell they forced the GOAT and the GOAT coach out before, this was the most obvious separation in recent history. Hopefully he doesn't get the Pelicans job though. If rather see JVG/Gentry there and it looks like Hoiberg has the inside track to the next head coaching gig in Chicago. Tim Floyd all over again.

Thibbs as an assistant? NT must be trolling, he'll have no problem finding a team to coach. Phil needs to fire his boy and bring Thibbs back to NY.
Agree on the assistant thing, but Phil + Thibs in NY = disaster.
laugh.gif
 Three of the most stubborn dudes in the league all in the same organization (Dolan, Phil, Thibs) + two out of three are leak happy (Phil, Thibs) + Dolan doesn't **** with Thibs AT ALL. 

NY Media would do backflips though.

Last edited:
I agree.

But like any coach that believes in only one philosophy eventually they flame out.

The bulls had ZERO offense last year in the playoffs. And instead of Putting in boozer or Jimmer for anything, maybe a spark, maybe a Hail Mary.

He was stubborn and stuck his all defense line up and tried to grind out wins being down 10+ points.
Just have to hope he can be honest with himself after being fired, and focus on his weaknesses. I'm sure the new org will need to suit him and already be a better situation than Chicago

I wouldn't be surprised if he took a season off though

Last edited:
Honestly, I was done with Thibs when he was being interviewed on the bench that last game and he was asked about the latest Bulls drought :

'How do you plan to generate some offense??'

'Play defense. '

I was done with him after that.

Melo doesn't pass and is a ball stopper.

Isn't the triangle based on passing and decision making?
I agree with Shoeking. Obviously passing would be an issue but Melo offers literally everything else to fit in to the triangle

Kobe played in the triangle 
laugh.gif

Frobe, the Westbrook version of Kobe played in the triangle

Melo definitely needs to get teammates that also fit in with the scheme

With all that being said, wouldn't be mad if they scrapped the entire system 

Melo isn't a 1/10 of the player Kobe is. Plus he's on the downside of his career.

Melo isn't a 1/10 of the player Kobe is. Plus he's on the downside of his career.
Well now you're just pulling the rug out from the meat of the discussion

Yes, Kobe>>>>Melo

If we're going to operate on that basis then, no, Melo has NO CHANCE of succeeding in ANY system. No point in discussing anything else

Last edited:
Melo doesn't pass and is a ball stopper.

Isn't the triangle based on passing and decision making?
It isn't as black and white as this though. You put the proper pieces around him and he can thrive as being the pivot of the triangle. 

More than anything, the Triangle is for the other supporting players, not the star / best player such as Melo. It empowers those other weaker players to make decisions in accordance to their talents, and allows for those other players to be a part of what's going on on that side of the floor. It also puts your star player in the most efficient place(s) on the floor, places that Melo in theory should thrive at.

The issue is, you can't run the triangle with langston galloway and Alexis Shev and one of the Wear twins. You can't run any offense with them. The triangle is the last thing that's wrong with the Knicks.

It isn't as black and white as this though. You put the proper pieces around him and he can thrive as being the pivot of the triangle. 

More than anything, the Triangle is for the other supporting players, not the star / best player such as Melo. It empowers those other weaker players to make decisions in accordance to their talents, and allows for those other players to be a part of what's going on on that side of the floor. It also puts your star player in the most efficient place(s) on the floor, places that Melo in theory should thrive at.

The issue is, you can't run the triangle with langston galloway and Alexis Shev and one of the Wear twins. You can't run any offense with them. The triangle is the last thing that's wrong with the Knicks.
Well said

With that being said, overhauling the roster this quickly is asking too much. They should look to other schemes tbh

The thing is, the triangle is actually one of the best offenses for a guy like melo who's a "ball stopper" who "doesn't pass."

Puts him in a position to either score immediately, or make a play for someone else. And when I say make a play, they'll be wide open off of a double team or something of the sort, since melo is already positioned so close to the basket in the offense.

You need the proper personel to run any offense. More than anything, Triangle is all instinctual, read and react. You have to have players that can 1) Read what's going on and when to do a UCLA cut, or a blind pig, etc. and 2) You have to have players that can take advantage of what they are reading out on the floor.

Blaming the triangle is a copout tbh.

I agree, doesn't matter what system.

They need the talent.

This "system" that Phil loves so much was ran with some of the greatest players of that time.

Melo can't carry a franchise, he needs players.

Knicks need to trade Melo or Trade that pick, having both sticks them in a funny spot.
What system wasn't ran by some of the greatest players of all time? Systems that succeeded and won of course.

If you think Melo can't carry a franchise then that's fine, but he had one year under the triangle in which he was hurt, and surrounded by inept talent. Those are the facts. Put some pieces around him that are actually NBA players, hope that he's healthy, and you'll get much better results.

When everyone is on the same page, trust develops and teams can grow and succeed together. Unfortunately, there has been a departure from this culture.

:smh:

Wow...they are doing Thibs dirty.

Read how the Mavs are talking about signing and trading for Deandre Jordan (S&T with Tyson Chandler) but the Mavs insisting the Clippers take on Felton. We wanna sign your big guy, but help us by doing a S&T. Oh by the way, you have to take Felton off our hands. :lol: wut

Read how the Mavs are talking about signing and trading for Deandre Jordan (S&T with Tyson Chandler) but the Mavs insisting the Clippers take on Felton. We wanna sign your big guy, but help us by doing a S&T. Oh by the way, you have to take Felton off our hands.
laugh.gif
wut
Dallas has wanted a lot of things to happen for them over the years haven't they

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom