The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reggie calling out Pop for doing this to TNT again...
I personally have a problem with it. As an NBA Player, it's your responsibility to play. You don't get to miss games because of "rest." There's people in that arena who's first NBA game was today, or there were people in there who bought tickets months in advance to see the world champion Spurs. That's just wack to me to purposely sit out for no reason other than rest. You signed on to play in the NBA, so you should have to play. But since it works for them I guess...I just don't rock with it.
it is ******. it's their 4th game. they don't need to rest

like you said, they have an obligation to fans, especially those who pay to go to the games and see them

it is ******. it's their 4th game. they don't need to rest

like you said, they have an obligation to fans, especially those who pay to go to the games and see them

I mean I just it's BS. Playing when you're tired, (4th game or not) that's part of being an NBA player. You signed up for this. Part of being an NBA player, a big part of it actually is making sure that the fan gets their hard earned money worth. If you're hurt that's another story, but "rest?" Get out of here with that your a pro, your supposed to play.

they beat a group of well coached bums 
laugh.gif

Lots of 2nd round picks and journeymen have found sanctuary in San Antonio
you should all know by now sea manup is being sarcastic. he's making fun of someone who wrote this back after the spurs won their championship

Then the league shouldn't schedule teams that are on a back to back for national TV. Or better yet get rid of back to backs altogether. I'd rather watch the Spurs able to be at their best in May/June than a random game in November. I hope Pop sticks to his guns and if the league doesn't like it, tough ****. Let Pop run his team how he wants.

Last edited:
I personally have a problem with it. As an NBA Player, it's your responsibility to play. You don't get to miss games because of "rest." There's people in that arena who's first NBA game was today, or there were people in there who bought tickets months in advance to see the world champion Spurs. That's just wack to me to purposely sit out for no reason other than rest. You signed on to play in the NBA, so you should have to play. But since it works for them I guess...I just don't rock with it.

Yup

spurs players sitting games out is like flopping, people are always going to take advantage of the system to win. if you want to stop it there needs to be new rules that punish it rather than just trying to convince pop that its not the right thing to do 

Then the league shouldn't schedule teams that are on a back to back for national TV. Or better yet get rid of back to backs altogether. I'd rather watch the Spurs able to be at their best in May/June than a random game in November. I hope Pop sticks to his guns and if the league doesn't like it tough ****. Let Pop run his team like he wants.

A compromise should be met, but not at the expense of the fan. Whether it's November or June there's people who pay their hard earned money to make it to a game. They deserve better than that. And as a professional organization you have a responsibility to uphold your end of the stick.

you should all know by now sea manup is being sarcastic. he's making fun of someone who wrote this back after the spurs won their championship

He's making fun of me :stoneface:

I was only half serious when I called them well coached bums. Guys like Gary neal, danny green, Matt bonner that bounced around the league but we're effective under pop. Even boris was below average for most of his time there and with other teams

what is cwebb talking about? not a great teammate? dont think anyone had a problem with him. those W's squad were trash during his yrs

gotcha, you still on the team? 

Was working with them all summer, and the plan was to play for them but this clipper opportunity came up and since I'm not going league or anything :lol: figured I need to take advantage of this internship while it's here now so I can have something stable to do involving basketball when i'm done with school.

gotcha, you still on the team? 
Was working with them all summer, and the plan was to play for them but this clipper opportunity came up and since I'm not going league or anything
laugh.gif
figured I need to take advantage of this internship while it's here now so I can have something stable to do involving basketball when i'm done with school.
thats awesome 
pimp.gif

hope it works out for you

dont give up hope though, if a few more of our guys get hurt you might be able to make this lakers roster 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom