The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
raptors retro jerseys this friday 
pimp.gif

might actually end up watching a game 

No, he has something against the ridiculous demands of the NBA schedule and he understands the importance of rest more than most.

Rest? You're an NBA player.

You are paid to play 82 games.

Play. Just play. No excuses. You have all day to rest. All they ask is to play for 20-40 minutes a night.

No, he has something against the ridiculous demands of the NBA schedule and he understands the importance of rest more than most.

Play. Just play. No excuses. You have all day to rest. All they ask is to play for 20-40 minutes a night.
laugh.gif

That goes against what every medical expert thinks but alright.

Where's that article about flying, switching time zones, lack of sleep etc that makes rest even more crucial

That lockout season was something else

Last edited:
pop and the spurs can do whatever they want. if you are afraid they wont play, dont buy a ticket.
rockets definitely didnt have complaints

Last edited:

No excuses except what science and medicine tells us.
Stop making sense man, stop.

Last edited:
Genuinely have the utmost respect for what the Spurs do and it's obvious that what they do and how they go about doing it is very successful.

However it still doesn't make it right. Pretty sure "rest" isn't an adequate reason to not report to work. Granted, this type of work is obviously a bit more physically demanding, but this is what you signed up for when you made a decision to play in the NBA. Point blank.

Is the scheduling with the back to backs, 4 in 5's, etc. a bit harsh? Yes. But IMO the fans don't need to suffer because you feel that your star players need "rest" at certain points in the season. As I said, fans pay their hard earned money sometimes months in advance to see teams and certain players play. It is not fair to them and to basically say "the hell with the fan" is not right, not right at all.

I do think the scheduling is a bit harsh and it should be altered, but until then as a pro you have to deal with it. Not reporting for work because of "rest" is unprofessional to me.

If the spurs way of preserving players ultimately leads into the cutting out preseason and starting the season in mid october (Thereby cutting out back to backs and a lot of the 4 game in 5 nights) then I'm all for it however :lol:

I understand what you're saying, but in my opinion the onus is on the league to fix the problem, not the Spurs.

It's not a problem though. Pop can get away with it because he's been successful. Players used to take pride in being able to play a full season. It's a joke as well as the notion is of them wanting less games in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom