The 2015 NBA Draft Thread: Draft Day Is Here

If shipping out MCW and McDaniels is your definition of an extreme tank, then you're lost.

I'm fine with tanking but like I said, once you get a core (which I think they think they have) it's time to attempt to win.

Now if this embiid injury is bad then I'll excuse them for stinking it up for one more year

Realistically...what would you be expecting a team with a core of first and second year players to be doing?

There is no magic win button they can press. The plan is to build a foundation and then climb your way up. If the young guys show promise...then they become a lot more attractive for a FA to look at

25-30 games is all I expect.

Philly isnt a big market team with history? Just like the Knicks?

I'm just saying dudes really are rubbing me the wrong way, with how they are going about this rebuild

And here we go

Edit.

And since we are on the subject, do marketing opportunities really double in large markets vs small/mid markets? A superstar is going to shine regardless. All stars are doing great too. I see Paul George on tv everyday

Last edited:
Hahn: Maverick Carter Doesn't Want James in NY
June 25th, 2010 10:20 am
Via Newsday

“…If you ask those close to James ‘ inner circle, the Knicks need to be aware that they shouldn’t spend too much time trying to convince the two-time MVP to leave Cleveland for the big city. One person with close ties to James ‘ “team” said the person with the most influence on James – his longtime friend and business manager, Maverick Carter – wants nothing to do with the Knicks and views remaining with the Cavs or going to Chicago to join Derrick Rose as the better options.

The Knicks have been desperately working William “Worldwide Wes” Wesley, a well-connected NBA who has close ties to James but doesn’t nearly have the influence that Carter does…”

Minneapolis is nice and clean. I liked it when I visited in March.
New York City is the most overrated place I've ever seen. It was dirty, bums everywhere, and the weather was extra meh.

New York City is the most overrated place I've ever seen. It was dirty, bums everywhere, and the weather was extra meh.
Bruh, LA is the same thing :lol: Hollywood was filled with bums and dirtbags when I was there.

Bruh, LA is the same thing :lol: Hollywood was filled with bums and dirtbags when I was there.

Hollywood sucks. West La is where it's poppin.

I went to all the little areas of New York and I didn't like it all.

Hell's Kitchen and ludlow street were cool though.

i'm a queens cat but i do like going into the city here and there. would consider living there if i had the bread just since u can walk anywhere to do something.

for its faults, hollywood was still pretty dope. loved that town.

Dont entertain @JJ Watt when it comes to anything NY, Knicks, or Melo related. He has a page monitor that goes off anytime there's a topic on those subjects to automatically bash everything NYC related :lol:

I'm in the draft thread and I have to see Jersey slander? Yall are about to get reported - it's the closest thing I can do to giving yall these hands.

Last edited:
What I don't like about the philly rebuild is that they aren't even attempting to be competitive. It lowers the standard of the league and gives the game a black eye. That has got to impact they morale and attitude of the parties involved, specifically the players. How can you be expected to take your job seriously when you are working with a bunch of losers? When you know damn well these fools are happy to lose? Hinkle is a frigging LOSER -- by definition. No shame means no pride. There is a power of influence and unless they are taking extreme measures to keep everyone focused it has a negative impression on all these young players. Now players have to answer questions about tanking and every one knows the front office is even if the players aren't, they're not on the same page. I think there was an incident with mcw where his coach got on him for not playing hard in a blowout. Then you have questions about embiid and his work ethic. Hinkle is a strict numbers guys and he's not being savvy to the human elements of building a team

Last edited:
Basically agree with that. You can rebuild and still -try- to be competitive. It's one thing to win 25 games with a mix of vets and young guys. Come into the season with hopes of improving, developing a handful of guys, etc. Lakers, Magic, Celtics, Minnesota have done this. Milwaukee is another. It's another thing to field a D-league team with one or two POTENTIAL NBA players. There is a middle ground between what Philly did and being a perennial 8th seed.

Hopefully with this pick, Embiid/Saric coming in - Philly decides to atleast start picking up NBA players and letting these rooks play with some sort of structure and veteran guidance.

Back
Top Bottom