The 2015 NBA Draft Thread: Draft Day Is Here

CE_uK2KUsAEITEW.jpg

.... about Rubio and "super injury prone"

Played all 82 games in 2013-14, and would have undoubtedly came back for the end of this season if not for Flip Saunders' well-documented 'Please sit and take it easy until you're absolutely, unequivocally 100 percent."

... about Rubio's "so many glaring faults": he can't shoot period, no doubt about that. Injury-prone is a cop-out weakness, can be interpreted differently depending on who is using it to fit their argument.

Brandon Knight, though? :\ Leaving out what in all probability will be a bloated price tag...

Knight shot 31% from three after joining Phoenix, where he played 68% SG and 32% PG (he had played 89% or more from the point position every year while in Detroit and Milwaukee, but when taken off the ball when joining Phoenix he struggled mightily, shooting 31% from three.

So either he plays PG where he can get into a groove from three where Wiggins' shots that you want up are sacrificed, or he plays out on the wing where he can't shoot efficiently or defend bigger guards. In one scenario he contradicts giving Wiggins more shots, and in the other scenario it doesn't make sense at all.

You just gonna act like that 82 game wasn't the only time he's played more than 51 games in 4 seasons. :lol:

He's definitely injury prone stop.

That Phoenix offense was a disaster and yes he's better on the ball, he and Wiggins can both eat without Martin so I don't see the problem.

Bloated contract? Yall paying Rubio 13 million per to shoot 35% from the field and 25% from 3.

Even PHX Brandon Knight playing off the ball is better than that.

how would he work as an NBA SG?

someone wanna help out with that info.. please.. I don't watch college ball, so playing catch up with this stuff
He can guard either the 2 or 3 but offensively he's just not there yet. However, pair him with someone like KD and who knows, it might work

Reading up on him I see he has great size and build.. But isn't an outstanding athlete.. Solid, with strong defensive potential

Is he quick footed enough to guard SGs? And anyother comparisons other than artest?

Is he more a SG or sf?

You just gonna act like that 82 game wasn't the only time he's played more than 51 games in 4 seasons. :lol:

It wasn't.

Rubio:

2011-12: 41 games (of a 55-game lockout shortened season - 75% of possible games - then tore his ACL in March)
2012-13: 57 games (DING, more than 51 games, and 57 games despite tearing ACL in March of year prior. That's actually awesome, unless you're awwsome, which you are regrettably)
2013-14: 82 games
2014-15: 22 games

Aside from what he dealt with throughout this year, he's only dealt with the ACL injury since he entered the NBA. Nothing else. And he tore that ACL two-thirds of the way through that season too, causing him to miss the end of one season and the beginning of another.

Bloated contract? Yall paying Rubio 13 million per to shoot 35% from the field and 25% from 3

And the Blazers are paying Damian Lillard to play defense.

Oh, he does other things well?

I don't know why I attributed his paycheck to his weaknesses, that made a lot of sense.

Last edited:
Joakim Noah isn't a PG fam, that's a terrible comparison.

There are no elite teams with PG's who can't create their own shot or shoot 3's.

He's essentially a taller, younger Rondo and we see how that works unless you surround that type of player with elite shooting.

Edit: now you changed it to Dame, another bad comparison because dude has played every game and is 10x the shooter Rubio is.

I appreciate the word play with my name though, that was cute.

Last edited:
Pat Connaughton :smokin

I say this all seriousness, being a white kid from ND almost had worked against him. Elite athlete and nobody really cared to realize it.

Last edited:
"He's essentially a taller, younger Rondo."

Trade him away and go with Zach LaVine or sign Brandon Knight then, because Rondo needed people around him :lol:

Rondo has always needed people, which is the worst-kept secret. Sure, because his best strength is setting up, not scoring. And apparently if you aren't a scorer you "need people around you" as if it's a bad thing that somebody who is good at setting up is, in fact, setting up. Nah, it's not breaking news fam that a pass-first PG needs quality people around him.

The 2010 Celtics wouldn't have made it within one game of a title without Rondo, who was hitting his prime and helped the aging products around him find the fountain of youth for a short time (Big 3 parts, Sheed).

That's even more true for the 2012 Celtics, who had a 3-2 lead heading to Boston with a chance to play Oklahoma City in the Finals in their midst.

Minnesota has the best odds in this year's lottery and have the best chance at the past two year's No. 1 overall picks. If not Towns, then Okafor it seems (by all early indications). Everybody wants for Rubio to be even an average shooter/finisher at the rim, but it's not going to happen outside of a few pseudo-efficient performances that always happen that never are sustained.

It's fine. He's great at other things, which bodes well for the top-flight cavalry that came to Minnesota last summer, and might again be coming to Minnesota this summer.

Last edited:
As often as I ***** about the Lakers rebuild, the idea of just relying on young kids in a rebuild is pretty foolish.

Teams probably end up more like the 2011 Wizards than the 2011 Thunder.

Reading up on him I see he has great size and build.. But isn't an outstanding athlete.. Solid, with strong defensive potential

Is he quick footed enough to guard SGs? And anyother comparisons other than artest?

Is he more a SG or sf?
I'm pretty sure most scouts project him to be a SF. He is a LOAD and will weight in the 250's soon if not already

He's not the fastest or quickest guy but he seems to have good technique and has the defensive mentality 

According to Draftexpress, they say he could guard 1-3 positions.. 

I don't see Stanley guarding NBA 1's unless his lateral quickness improves, he looked stiff at Zona but also said that he's been attacking that in training so who knows.

i feel that way as well, can guard 1-3. may have to lose a little weight to guard ones, but in spurts he can get away with it. reminds me of arrest because of the build. i like him for detroit or miami.

As often as I ***** about the Lakers rebuild, the idea of just relying on young kids in a rebuild is pretty foolish.

Building around one of the worst shooting PG's in the history of the league is also pretty foolish, don't remember that ever working.

:lol: @ comparing any situation to the 2011 Wizards

LaVine/Wiggins/Dieng/Bazz > Young/Crawford/JaVale.

Last edited:

Building around one of the worst shooting PG's in the history of the league is also pretty foolish, don't remember that ever working.

:lol: @ comparing any situation to the 2011 Wizards

LaVine/Wiggins/Dieng/Bazz > Young/Crawford/JaVale.
I'm just saying.

I don't think it's as easy as ridding a team of veterans, playing the youngsters all the minutes available and crossing your fingers for some luck along the way.

I'm just saying.

I don't think it's as easy as ridding a team of veterans, playing the youngsters all the minutes available and crossing your fingers for some luck along the way.

That's not even what I'm proposing though, you add different pieces through FA while accelerating those young guys growth with minutes and usage instead of a guy like Kevin Martin who is what he is and isn't part of the future.

They're 2 seasons away from playoff contention anyway, might as well go young so you have a group of guys who've played together and are entering their primes.

Get veterans that are useful (and who can mentor), not chuckers who have NEVER anything won like Kevin Martin

Last edited:
I'd play KAT at the 4 and Dieng at the 5.

Trade Rubio/Pekovic/2nd rounder for another shooter and let LaVine continue to learn on the job.

For sure I'm getting rid of Martin too.

Try to sign Middleton if I can and keep monstrous room for 2016 FA's.

With a few good moves, the Wolves could set up something similar to what OKC had in the early years, lots of young talent on rookie deals.
What? :lol:

Obviously they aren't going to be OKC, I'm just talking about the model.

I don't see the point in keeping Pek or Martin, they aren't part of the future and are both role players who can be replaced with guys who will be on the market the next two years.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom