THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did ea pay channels not to show a 2k commercial? All i see are these damn live commercials

It's possible there's some exclusivity, or agreements that separate the ads from being in the same broadcast. Also, teams all have their own local TV contracts. It's not like the NFL.

Nick Young
roll.gif
Between him, Lou Williams and Kobe. 3 of the top 5 walking heat checks in the game today all on the same team

Last edited:
As a guy who moved from the West to the East, I much prefer 4-10:30 taken up by NBA games instead of 7-1. But maybe that's because I never liked staying up until 1 in the morning on weekdays.

As a guy who moved from the West to the East, I much prefer 4-10:30 taken up by NBA games instead of 7-1. But maybe that's because I never liked staying up until 1 in the morning on weekdays.
I'm in Utah right now, and I agree. I wake up and theres Football, I can only imagine how much basketball I wouldnt fall asleep on if I was living here. Must be nice man.

I wake up every morning thinking I overslept and its like 3 AM Utah time.

Last edited:
Now imagine trying to follow the Lakers on the East coast while having to wake up early for work during the week.
I follow the Spurs man and live in Jersey so I feel your pain, and I have to get up at five to get to work on time. I'm gonna have to figure something out cause I refuse to not witness as much of the last Tim Duncan year as possible.

Any news if Jalen and Jacoby are doing an NBA preview this year. Or is Bill Simmons doing one himself?

Yes...he looked really good. Everybody that passed on him may regret that quick.

I know it's early...but I've been saying that Okafor and Mudiay are the best two prospects in their class since going in to they're senior season in HS, 2013-2014.

Miss me with the trendy Russell and Towns.

Last edited:
Didn't dlo make a huge leap from senior year of hs to college tho? That's kind of his story isn't it?

Not really to me but his passing & court vision was something people didn't know about

Ohio State was a great platform for him & some scouts went crazy for what they saw :lol:

Last edited:
Didn't dlo make a huge leap from senior year of hs to college tho? That's kind of his story isn't it?

He didn't make a huge leap as much as he was on a pretty bad team so he had higher usage than he ever had in HS.

He wasn't that impressive whenever he went up against NBA caliber talent.

He struggled against Louisville/Michigan/Mich St/UNC/Wisconsin/Arizona.

Nah. Envy the east...who the hell wanna watch games at 4 or 5pm? :x

But the 4pm games are the trash *** east teams so nobody really cares. Only time it sucks is when the Clippers have to go on east coast road trip but even then that just means I can dvr it and skip through all the commercials when I get home.

I be laughing at yall during the playoffs when I see so many of you guys come in here after a comeback talmbout "i fell asleep thinking so and so was gonna win." :lol:

I know it's early...but I've been saying that Okafor and Mudiay are the best two prospects in their class since going in to they're senior season in HS, 2013-2014.

Miss me with the trendy Russell and Towns.

Towns was never trendy, he was a consensus Top 5 player since he was a freshman in HS.

He also just fit better on the Wolves than Jahlil.

Towns was never trendy, he was a consensus Top 5 player since he was a freshman in HS.

He also just fit better on the Wolves than Jahlil.

It's become the consensus that Towns is a much better player and prospect than Jahlil because of "pace and space", him being a better defender and the myth the post scoring big man dying, and not needed.

Jahlil has been the #1 player in his class since HS, with comparisons to Tim Duncan on the offensive side of the ball. I just don't think you pass that up.

I see towns as a better version of Sam Perkins or Al Horford. He's not the athlete y'all think he is. He's long and fluid...with a decent touch. Also think WCS helped hide any defensive short comings he may have had, and allowed him to be more of a weak side shot blocker, than focal point of defense and back line anchor.

Jahlil can develop into what we see Demarcus Cousins as today. The really scary part is he's even better than DMC was at the same stage.

It's become the consensus that Towns is a much better player and prospect than Jahlil because of "pace and space", him being a better defender and the myth the post scoring big man dying, and not needed.

Jahlil has been the #1 player in his class since HS, with comparisons to Tim Duncan on the offensive side of the ball. I just don't think you pass that up.

I see towns as a better version of Sam Perkins or Al Horford. He's not the athlete y'all think he is. He's long and fluid...with a decent touch. Also think WCS helped hide any defensive short comings he may have had, and allowed him to be more of a weak side shot blocker, than focal point of defense and back line anchor.

Jahlil can develop into what we see Demarcus Cousins as today. The really scary part is he's even better than DMC was at the same stage.

Jahlil will never be Cousins because he's not touching Boogie athleticism/defensive wise but I do agree his post game is just as much if not more polished at the same age but no he isn't better.

I also agree that playing with WCS helped KAT's reputation defensively but if you watched UK you would know that he's still elite.

I've seen him ice pick and rolls with ease, switch and recover no problem and play well one on one.

He's also bigger/stronger and a better athlete than Horford at the same age.

I like that you bring up the "Tim Duncan on offense" point because we know thats only half the reason he's a HOF'er.

You can't prop up Jahlil without bringing up the fact that so far it looks like he will be a - player on defense at a time when rim protection is paramount. He's terrible defending the pick and roll, doesn't move that well laterally and doesn't seem to have high defensive IQ in general.

His offense is prodigious but with no defense he has a much better shot at being Brook Lopez than Boogie.

The gap between KAT and Jahlil is much smaller if any compared to Russell and Mudiay.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom