THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jazz have no point guard until Exum returns.
They still have a Gobert and a Hayward. What are your predictions?
I'd be shocked if the Jazz make it over Sac. If Sac can't get the 8th spot then Karl needs to be fired, Rondo needs to go overseas and DMC needs to come to DC.
I wouldn't be shocked but I agree with your other point. Sacramento has no excuses not to make a push for the 8th seed

What are you predictions?

Last edited:
What team in the west will make the playoffs without a legitimate player who can run the offense? Just look at the 2013 Lakers, amidst all the chemistry and internal issues ( and injuries) , the most glaring problem was a lack of someone who can run the offense. Without Nash and Blake, they had to rely on CHRIS DUHON AND DARUIS MORRIS for most of the first half of the season. It took Kobe to play insane and play both scorer and facilitator for them to make the playoffs.
My predictions
GSW
OKC
HOU
LAC
MEM
SAS
SAC
LAL
Call me a homer. I got faith. And yes, I consider Russell and Clarkson players who can run the offense

Edit: Forgot about NOP. Well that puts a wrench in my hopes.

Last edited:

I wouldn't be shocked but I agree with your other point. Sacramento has no excuses not to make a push for the 8th seed

What are you predictions?

I got Blazers and Mavs missing the playoffs this season. That leaves 2 spots. Sac should get one and now that I think about it maybe the Jazz gets the other.

What team in the west will make the playoffs without a legitimate player who can run the offense? Just look at the 2013 Lakers, amidst all the chemistry and internal issues ( and injuries) , the most glaring problem was a lack of someone who can run the offense. Without Nash and Blake, they had to rely on CHRIS DUHON AND DARUIS MORRIS for most of the first half of the season. It took Kobe to play insane and play both scorer and facilitator for them to make the playoffs.
My predictions
GSW
OKC
HOU
LAC
MEM
SAS
SAC
LAL
Call me a homer. I got faith. And yes, I consider Russell and Clarkson players who can run the offense
Uh, Houston made it with Patrick Beverly as their PG, then advanced in the playoffs without him with Terry and Priggs filling in

As long as they got an elite defense and an All-Star playmaker (Hayward) they will have a good chance

Anyway, I will wager the Gentleman's $150 NT bet that Utah will get more wins than the Lakers. Put your money where your mouth is

Uh, Houston made it with Patrick Beverly as their PG, then advanced in the playoffs without him with Terry and Priggs filling in

As long as they got an elite defense and an All-Star playmaker (Hayward) they will have a good chance

Anyway, I will wager the Gentleman's $150 NT bet that Utah will get more wins than the Lakers. Put your money where your mouth is
Harden was able to run the offense, not necessarily a point guard. If Hayward can make that leap, then they have a much stronger shot.

Last edited:
Side note: Are we not taking injuries into account? They could very well be the reason a contender doesn't even make the playoffs.

And Dallas as well last year, didn't have a great PG still made it

I think it'll be a rather fun battle for two spots between Sac, Pels and Jazz
Wasn't Dallas playing extremely well with Nelson before the Rondo trade? There was an article saying they had a historic offense or something like that. It was at least good enough to survive the downslide after trading for Rondo.

Wasn't Dallas playing extremely well with Nelson before the Rondo trade? There was an article saying they had a historic offense or something like that. It was at least good enough to survive the downslide after trading for Rondo.
Yes, yes they were. And Nelson wasn't/isn't a great playmaker or player by any stretch since his days in ORL

Last edited:
Ok, then we have an outlier.
Also Holiday missed half the year which meant Evans and others had to play PG. Not sure how you feel about Evans, but yeah I wouldn't be surprised if Utah, behind their defense and Hayward, made the playoffs

I am crossing my fingers for the Kings but Rondo still scares me in a bad way. He's looked nice in pre season though so that's encouraging 

The Pels don't have standout talent on paper but they mustered up enough wins even without Holiday last year to sneak into the playoffs (largely thanks to KD and Westbrook missing time). That experience should be invaluable for this season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom