The Adidas "Futurecraft"

Not sure how I feel about the overall aesthetic. The general shape is nice. Blocking has potential too. Love the 4D business but the sum of its parts leaves me a little meh. I think the clean black upper is a better fit for the midsole. Makes the technology the star without being too fussy. That’s just me.

That’s also just a rendering so I’m looking forward to seeing the final model, just excited to know adidas is pushing this model/tech and it won’t be a one off like the 3D runner

1.PNG

Most technological aspects of the shoes like the midsoles and cushion elements are handled by third party companies. It might be the same here and Adidas has some disputes due to licensing or something similar.

If that is true this is such a dissappointment! I was looking forward to this so much.

^ you sure? damn man

Edit: Yep hes right, everything cancelled from here on out until June-Aug

Dam shame

Last edited:
Most technological aspects of the shoes like the midsoles and cushion elements are handled by third party companies. It might be the same here and Adidas has some disputes due to licensing or something similar.
The output of the process is very toxic. From what I’ve heard the initial delays were creating the soles at scale due to the toxicity of the waste products. I don’t think Carbon (the company producing the soles) would be suing adidas - more likely a legal issue over environmental standards or something.

The output of the process is very toxic. From what I’ve heard the initial delays were creating the soles at scale due to the toxicity of the waste products. I don’t think Carbon (the company producing the soles) would be suing adidas - more likely a legal issue over environmental standards or something.
That doesnt make much sense, since there was a Parley version made of sea plastic? Or maybe that was just that one shoe for a marketing ploy for just the 3D version not the 4D model

adidas-ocean-plastic.jpg

That doesnt make much sense, since there was a Parley version made of sea plastic? Or maybe that was just that one shoe for a marketing ploy for just the 3D version not the 4D model

adidas-ocean-plastic.jpg
That's an entirely different production process. The output here is much closer in structure to the 3D model, but it's simply a 1-off stunt.

Back
Top Bottom