The Air Jordan XV OG Black/Red returns Spring 2017

Has anyone watched the ABSTRACT episode with Tinker on Netflix? He actually talked about the XV which was interesting since I've never actually heard him mention the shoe at all. He goes to say that he was really burnt out on designing Jordans by the time the XV came around...he had missed out on his kids growing up and the impact the death of Bill Bowerman had on him in addition to MJs father and his own dad passing finally took its toll on him. He just wanted out and after the release he removed himself from lead designer of the flagship Jordan. He was very emotional when speaking on that time in his life and really puts a new spin on the XV, although a kind of depressing one.

I watched it. I was tight, he kind of started to talk about it and I thought they were gonna go into depth and didn't. I wanted to hear about the shoe.

Has anyone watched the ABSTRACT episode with Tinker on Netflix? He actually talked about the XV which was interesting since I've never actually heard him mention the shoe at all. He goes to say that he was really burnt out on designing Jordans by the time the XV came around...he had missed out on his kids growing up and the impact the death of Bill Bowerman had on him in addition to MJs father and his own dad passing finally took its toll on him. He just wanted out and after the release he removed himself from lead designer of the flagship Jordan. He was very emotional when speaking on that time in his life and really puts a new spin on the XV, although a kind of depressing one.
Definitely was worth the watch for me. My wife even stated you could tell that was a really emotional shoe for him.

I watched it. I was tight, he kind of started to talk about it and I thought they were gonna go into depth and didn't. I wanted to hear about the shoe.

I think the things he mentioned tell us a lot about the shoe itself. The place he and Jordan were at in their lives reflect the polarizing design the shoe had and still has to this day. After watching it felt like maybe Jordan wasn't there to "reign Tinker in" as MJ mentioned earlier in the episode due to the things happening in his life...add that to Tinker being in the mental space he was he seemed to kind of not care about being "safe" and design something really out there for the time, something that may or may not be a flop. He mentioned that he didn't design things in a expressive way, he designed shoes to solve a problem, but I think the design of the XV does express, for better or worse, the mental state of a designer that has been working nonstop for over a decade and was just out of gas.

Last edited:
Definitely was worth the watch for me. My wife even stated you could tell that was a really emotional shoe for him.

Definitely. I don't want to go so far to say Tinker sabotaged the design of the XV, but it was clear in his interview he was done with Jordans at that point. I feel his design was very "I don't give a F*** what you think" and sales or perception of the model were not on his mind when he designed it.

Definitely. I don't want to go so far to say Tinker sabotaged the design of the XV, but it was clear in his interview he was done with Jordans at that point. I feel his design was very "I don't give a F*** what you think" and sales or perception of the model were not on his mind when he designed it.

Watched it last night and that's what i got out of it. He was burnt out and due to all the emotional stress, just threw an out of the box design together and said eff it. Do wish it was more in depth, but i guess it was more about the hyper-adapts and what it took to release a self-lacing shoe

Watched it last night and that's what i got out of it. He was burnt out and due to all the emotional stress, just threw an out of the box design together and said eff it. Do wish it was more in depth, but i guess it was more about the hyper-adapts and what it took to release a self-lacing shoe

That is probably what he wanted. Tinker always wants to go forward, we are the ones that can't let go of the past...that is why Retros are so successful.

We have gotten used to these big "stories" that come along with the design of a Jordan from Tinker that it is hard to process that the XV doesn't have that bravado. The fact that the design came from such a dark place in his life makes it more interesting to me. I appreciate it more that there is no glittery backstory and cute little nickname.

Didn't even know the Obsidians release tomorrow, hope they see price drops because I definitely will purchase.

The Air Jordan XV OG “Stealth” are available now for just $120.00 with Free Shipping

AVAILABLE FOR PHONE ORDER

CRSVR SANTA BARBARA
805-962-2400
Air Jordan XV OG “Stealth”
$120.00 Free Shipping

Via sneaker steal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom